Does this look fishy to you? (Anybody work Macy's security)

So I have a job interview for Macy's (front door security) 

I saw the listing on Craigslist but the number appears to be a cell phone number 

The place where I have to go for the interview is not Macy's it self but a couple blocks away (I guess they could have a company do this) 

The lady said I didn't have to take a resume (Never heard that in this day and age)

I guess my biggest red light is the number being a cell phone number and the fact that when I look it up it doesn't link back to Macy's or a Security company.

Also that same number appears for other job postings for company's like (Saks 5th Ave, Bloomingdales, Barney's, and some banks) 

I'll probably still go and check it out but if any of you work security for Macy's and you can let me know than thanks.

thanks in advance

You would have to actually fill out an online application at macys.com to get an interview and there's no way a door guard is getting paid up to $19/hr. Somebody is trying to get you

0.jpg

:lol: sounds like a scam bruh...

unless Macys contracts this security place for security... but Idk

Macys has an LP department but like not really a security guard...

take a weapon just incase

They usually do a phone interview first after you've filled out an application online. $19 an hour for a door guard? Hell naw..that whole ad looks suspicious.

macy's don't even got front door guards though..
Around NYC they do. Herald square alone has dozens of "standing guards" which usually operate separately from LP.
And the posting does sound kind of fishy. There is a possibility that it could be a legit NYC agency like the workforce or something, but it sounds pretty fishy. Check it out and use your best judgement. As long as you don't give out your social security # and all your personal info you'll be fine regardless.

ok....^^that idea needs to be an NT trend......not the pics...but like .....posting something to show thanks....even if its just the words lol.......(i know some people do)

$19/Hr for Door Security position? :lol: All they do is check the receipt if the alarm goes off.

If true though, that's awesome!

I wouldn't trust it dude especially from Craigslist :x my girl applied somewhere for a security guard place for like management position and they gave her the job and saying how there expanding and all this bs. Then they went on to say how you just have to pay for background check which was like $70. And then for the books. Turns out later it was a scam.

Don't forget that advertisement says Up To $19.00 an hour. Not even licensed Security guards are making that much money per hour unless they are armored.  

Last edited:
I was gonna work Macy's security, and the hiring process I went through was nothin like that. I met up at the Macy's, but I don't know how different it is.

Back
Top Bottom