does your state deserve an expansion?

I was just watchin ESPN as I sit home on my day off
pimp.gif
And it always bothers me my state only has 1 sports team (Devils
pimp.gif
) (And no the nets don'tcount, they're terrible and goin to brooklyn to stay terrible) So the question comes NT? If you could have one expansion team from any sport? What would itbe? My choice would be the NFL
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
($@%% the giants / jets ) Come on make it happen
pimp.gif

South Florida and only South Florida shouldnt have any sports, except for Hurricanes football.

Originally Posted by air max 87

I was just watchin ESPN as I sit home on my day off
pimp.gif
And it always bothers me my state only has 1 sports team (Devils
pimp.gif
) (And no the nets don't count, they're terrible and goin to brooklyn to stay terrible) So the question comes NT? If you could have one expansion team from any sport? What would it be? My choice would be the NFL
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
($@%% the giants / jets ) Come on make it happen
pimp.gif

We don't deserve a sports team. We treat our hometown teams like crap. Heck, most Jerseyians don't even root for jersey teams. If you'refrom North Jersey, chances are you're rooting for the New York based teams. If you're from South Jersey, you're rooting for Philly teams. WhenNets move, I'm turning into a Brooklyn fan until another basketball team opens up here (which I doubt).

we need another nba team in Socal - SD, Anaheim

then of course american futbol.

Well, I was born and raised in SoCal, but I live in KY now.

SoCal definitely doesn't need another team.
laugh.gif
Of course, there's no NFL team, but there's roughly 3,492 other professional teams to make up forthat.

KY definitely deserves the next professional team.

The state is huge on basketball, but not NBA basketball.

People love MLB here (Reds).

And there are a few NFL fans here and there (Bengals).

I think an MLB team would be my first choice for the state, then NFL, then NBA.

The thing is, most people here are so loyal with their team that I don't see a ton of Reds fans switching loyalties to the new MLB squad, or Bengals fansswitching loyalties to the new NFL squad. And since a brand new NBA team could be beaten by UK, I don't see them getting a whole ton of support either.

i live in Maine. Its safe to say we will never get a pro team. We are Stuck with our AA baseball and AHL Hockey and soon to be NBDL Basketball

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

South Florida and only South Florida shouldnt have any sports, except for Hurricanes football.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
so true. i think most ppl would agree except for the 10 ppl from so flo that go to games.

I'm from Omaha, NE but I live in Dallas now..

I used to think here's no way Omaha would ever get a franchise, but OKC is proving it could be possible. The city built a new stadium that could be NBAready w/ luxury boxes.

Warren Buffet lives in Omaha and has the $ to pay cash for an NBA team, but I doubt if he has any interest.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Well, I was born and raised in SoCal, but I live in KY now.

SoCal definitely doesn't need another team.
laugh.gif
Of course, there's no NFL team, but there's roughly 3,492 other professional teams to make up for that.

KY definitely deserves the next professional team.

The state is huge on basketball, but not NBA basketball.

People love MLB here (Reds).

And there are a few NFL fans here and there (Bengals).

I think an MLB team would be my first choice for the state, then NFL, then NBA.

The thing is, most people here are so loyal with their team that I don't see a ton of Reds fans switching loyalties to the new MLB squad, or Bengals fans switching loyalties to the new NFL squad. And since a brand new NBA team could be beaten by UK, I don't see them getting a whole ton of support either.
From what I have read, the Kentucky Colonels were one of the more successful ABA teams that didn't get merged into the NBA. You don't think probasketball could be supported there again?

I'm from Sacramento and I guess if anything people were pushing for a baseball team, but Sac is a pretty fairweather town (see Kings) so I don't knowif it would work. The triple-A team gets plenty of love though

Yeah, the Colonels actually have an ABA Championship (they were either 1-2 or 2-1 in the ABA Finals; I think they were 1-2).

But right now? Man, people here love UK so much and hate the NBA so much... maybe I shouldn't say 'hate', but there is definitely an overwhelmingunappreciation for the NBA here, no doubt about it.

The thing is, I thought the same thing living in TN when the Grizzlies moved down there, and apparently they're doing alright. I mean, they're stillthere, with no talk of relocation (that I know of).

So I could be wrong. And something else that would work in the favor of an NBA team in KY would be the location, since there is really NO close NBA team forthe people around here to root for.

Minor League Baseball in Kentucky is one of the biggest draws in the country...

Few years back a team their drew over a million fans in one season, which is ridiculous for a minor league club

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Minor League Baseball in Kentucky is one of the biggest draws in the country...

Few years back a team their drew over a million fans in one season, which is ridiculous for a minor league club

I don't think that's true.
The Sacramento Rivercats led minor league baseball in 2007 with just over 710,000 for the season. I don't believe a minor league team has everdrawn 1,000,000 fans.

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

Although you can have the Panthers if you want.
eyes.gif

Dont be mad, you and I both know the fan base for anything in SO FLA is pathetic.

Portland, Ore. There have been somewhat big movements for MLB (Runner-up for the Expos) and the city wants another team bad. I am a baseball fan first andwould love have an MLB team, but the NFL would be awesome also. I would even take NHL hockey. Portland is overdue for another sports team.

I don't think my state could support any other team. Maybe a baseball team, because the minor league teams get a lot of attendance. But Football would notwork here. So we have the Jazz, an NBDL team, arena football team, 3 minor league teams and a soccer team (lame) Real Salt Lake is getting a new stadium forsome reason. They should try winning some games first.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Portland, Ore. There have been somewhat big movements for MLB (Runner-up for the Expos) and the city wants another team bad. I am a baseball fan first and would love have an MLB team, but the NFL would be awesome also. I would even take NHL hockey. Portland is overdue for another sports team.
Eh, I think you trusting these blowhards around here a little too much. They haven't really tried as hard as they say they have. I washopin for the Expos too so we could see some national league baseball around here, but if you sit back and think about it, nobody is really pushing as hard asyou think. For 15 years now I've been listening to the same lyin a*^ douchebags talkin bout how they gettin proposals, and havin meetings, and all sortsof other stuff. Uh, like 20 teams have moved around in 15 years. It ain't all that hard to get somebody in here. They just makin it hard.

There may be a few dudes like you and I that want something more around here, but I think in general this state is too stupid to get anything done. I highlydoubt we'll ever see anyone else out here for a very long while.

I don't believe a minor league team has ever drawn 1,000,000 fans.
It was definitely more than a few years back... but i remember I saw this in one of my sports management classes.

1983-- Louisville Redbirds became the first minor league baseball team to draw one million fans in a season, finishing with 1,052,438.
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom