does your state deserve an expansion?

San Jose we should've had the A's, could've had the Sonics, and could've hade the 9ers.

It's only a matter of time
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

I don't believe a minor league team has ever drawn 1,000,000 fans.
It was definitely more than a few years back... but i remember I saw this in one of my sports management classes.

1983-- Louisville Redbirds became the first minor league baseball team to draw one million fans in a season, finishing with 1,052,438.

LOL Pulling an attendance figure from 25 years ago.
roll.gif

Seriously though, I think that back then, the Louisville AAA team played in the Universiy of Louisville's football stadium so they probably gave away lotsof tickets

LAS VEGAS DEVILS !!

Las Vegas has 1 college team and a minor league baseball team. We have the Summer league every year. We had the allstar game, we have a major bowl game, yet wehave no major Sport Franchises? Stadiums would be no major thing since many of the hotels would pitch in to help pay for it. The money to be made here would beamazing.

Las Vegas Devils(NBA)
Las Vegas Hitmen(NHL)
Las Vegas Rattlers(NFL
FC Las Vegas?(I don't know much about soccer)
Las Vegas Aliens(BB)

you all are talking about states that already have team(s)? (except for Las Vegas(at least they got all-star game) & Maine ) My state is big for noreason when it comes to sports eventhough we put out most of the big name stars in sports. Virginia couldn't even rack in the Hornets.
mad.gif
I guarantee we would rack up mad tickets sold just with at least oneprofessional franchise team.

onlineSoHi 23:
San Jose we should've had the A's, could've had the Sonics, and could've hade the 9ers.

smokin.gif

-YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS RIGHT? THE A'S BELONG IN OAKLAND, THEIR CHIPS WERE WON THERE, THEIR LEGENDS WERE MADE IN OAKLAND
-THE 49ERS WON 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN SF, THEY BELONG IN SAN FRAN, CANDLESTICK IS CLASSIC, LEGENDARY AND MEMORABLE I COULDN'T SEE THEM PLAYIN IN ANY OTHERCITY. AND SAN JOSE? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? CAN YOU IMAGINE THE SAN JOSEA'S? THE SAN JOSE 49ERS? THAT SOUNDS +%$%$%% RIDICULOUS. btw I am mad,
smh.gif
your
+%$%$%% comment was idiotic.EDIT
roll.gif
lol I went MAJor Od onthe caps and font size

80JerryRice80 wrote
SoHi 23:

smokin.gif

-YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS RIGHT? THE A'S BELONG IN OAKLAND, THEIR CHIPS WERE WON THERE, THEIR LEGENDS WERE MADE IN OAKLAND
-THE 49ERS WON 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN SF, THEY BELONG IN SAN FRAN, CANDLESTICK IS CLASSIC, LEGENDARY AND MEMORABLE I COULDN'T SEE THEM PLAYIN IN ANY OTHER CITY. AND SAN JOSE? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? CAN YOU IMAGINE THE SAN JOSE A'S? THE SAN JOSE 49ERS? THAT SOUNDS +%$%$%% RIDICULOUS. btw I am mad,
smh.gif
your +%$%$%% comment was idiotic.

CAPS LOCK TO SHOW MY RAGE AHHHHH

News flash brother, the A's are moving to Fremont and the 9ers are considering moving to Santa Clara
Candlestick has to be the worst Stadium in the history of sports, that place is a DUMP. I can't believe they actually sell tickets to go to that place,some loyal %+* fans

Candlestick is trash....and A's move to Fremont=
pimp.gif
, new stadium, plus i get hookups
pimp.gif

Niners deserve to be in Frisco though...but I'd love em in Santa Clara obviously cuz i'm from the san jose area.

Vegas really should get either an NHL or NBA team.
Plans are already under way for a state of the art arena that could support either one.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Candlestick is trash....and A's move to Fremont=
pimp.gif
, new stadium, plus i get hookups
pimp.gif

Niners deserve to be in Frisco though...but I'd love em in Santa Clara obviously cuz i'm from the san jose area.
I wish this happened earlier so I could ditch school and go to a day a game over there with some friends
That would be so cool

SoCal definitely doesn't need another team.
laugh.gif
Of course, there's no NFL team, but there's roughly 3,492 other professional teams to make up for that.

The San Diego area can take the Clippers back, and the NFL needs to put a team in Los Angeles (No Raiders, No Rams).

Fresno needs a team of somesort.

i dont like L.A teams so the next bes thing is San Diego.
cant always be doing that.

Most populous metro areas without a single NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL franchise:

14 Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA MSA (Inland Empire) - 4,081,371 - local toLA and Anaheim
30 Las Vegas-Paradise, NV MSA (Clark County, Las Vegas Valley) - 1,836,333
34 Virginia Beach-Norfolk-Newport News, VA-NC MSA (Hampton Roads) - 1,658,754
36 Providence-New Bedford-Fall River, RI-MA MSA (Providence) - 1,600,856 - localto Boston
37 Austin-Round Rock, TX MSA (Greater Austin) - 1,598,161 - local to SanAntonio
42 Louisville-Jefferson County, KY-IN MSA (Kentuckiana) - 1,233,735 - local toCincinnati
43 Richmond, VA MSA (Richmond-Petersburg) - 1,212,977
44 Oklahoma City, OK MSA (Greater OKC) - 1,192,989
45 Hartford-West Hartford-East Hartford, CT MSA (Greater Hartford) - 1,189,113
47 Birmingham-Hoover, AL MSA (Greater Birmingham) - 1,108,210
50 Rochester, NY MSA (Western New York, Genesee Valley) - 1,030,495 - local toBuffalo
52 Tucson, AZ MSA The (Old Pueblo) - 967,089 - local to Phoenix
53 Tulsa, OK MSA (Green Country) - 905,755
54 Honolulu, HI MSA (Oʻahu) - 905,601 - too remote
55 Fresno, CA MSA (Fresno County) - 899,348
56 Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, CT MSA (Fairfield County ) 895,015 - local toNYC
57 Albany-Schenectady-Troy, NY MSA (Capital District, Capital Region) - 853,358
58 New Haven-Milford, CT MSA (New Haven County) - 845,494
59 Dayton, OH MSA (Miami Valley) - 835,537 - local to Cincinnati and Columbus
60 Albuquerque, NM MSA (Rio Grande Valley) - 835,120

I could see teams working in Hampton Roads / Richmond, Oklahoma City / Tulsa, and Hartford / New Haven. All of those locations have 2,000,000+ people within a90-minute drive.

^lol, that would be pretty cool to have a franchise in Toronto, but they have so much history in Buffalo. Maybe y'all should have tried to have the texansmove out there
roll.gif
they are a new, unrooted franchise.

I don't think San Jose could feasibly get any expansions. In the NFL, the Raiders or Niners would have to move because everyone is already divided. If theRaiders move, I don't think San Jose Raiders sounds that great. The Niners are already planning to move to Santa Clara and keep being called "SanFrancisco 49ers."

In the NBA, the Warriors hold it down here. An expansion team would have trouble gaining support since the fans here are fair weather.

Baseball: see football

The only teams that San Jose could feasibly add are Bay Area teams looking to relocate.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

LA needs a NFL team

If the Chargers can't get a deal done in Chula Vista, you could say hello and welcome back to the Chargers.
frown.gif

The San Diego area can take the Clippers back, and the NFL needs to put a team in Los Angeles (No Raiders, No Rams).
I'd personally love to take the Clippers back. I'd get to watch the Lakers stomp on them without having to drive up to LA.
pimp.gif

Seriously though, I think that back then, the Louisville AAA team played in the Universiy of Louisville's football stadium so they probably gave away lots of tickets
Once again...NO they didnt, they played in a baseball stadium.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
If it happened 25 years ago I guess it didnt happen? The fact that you are still trying to defend yourself when I proved you wrong is kinda odd... L

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

I don't think San Jose could feasibly get any expansions. In the NFL, the Raiders or Niners would have to move because everyone is already divided. If the Raiders move, I don't think San Jose Raiders sounds that great. The Niners are already planning to move to Santa Clara and keep being called "San Francisco 49ers."

In the NBA, the Warriors hold it down here. An expansion team would have trouble gaining support since the fans here are fair weather.

Baseball: see football

The only teams that San Jose could feasibly add are Bay Area teams looking to relocate.

The SF 49ers of Santa Clara
laugh.gif

But yeah, the Warriors hold bball down. A team in San Jose would not get much support because the vast majority of people are Warrior fans already (talkinabout non-fairweather fans), and will only switch if that team makes the playoffs
laugh.gif
tired.gif
. But it would definitely draw fans since people love theirbball here in the Bay.

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Seriously though, I think that back then, the Louisville AAA team played in the Universiy of Louisville's football stadium so they probably gave away lots of tickets
Once again...NO they didnt, they played in a baseball stadium.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
If it happened 25 years ago I guess it didnt happen? The fact that you are still trying to defend yourself when I proved you wrong is kinda odd... L
I didn't say it didn't happen. I was just surprised that you (or anyone here on NT) knew about a minor league baseball attendance record from25 years ago.
And by the way, my first point was correct

Check out the HISTORY section here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisville_Bats

From the time the Redbirds arrived in 1982 until the 1999 season, they played their home games at Cardinal Stadium (formally called Fairgrounds Stadium), located at the Kentucky Exposition Center, which seated over 30,000, allowing for the broken attendance records.

Back
Top Bottom