Dog owners check in VOL. German Shepherds

So I have a friend who wants to get rid of her 5 month old female german shepherd. I told her i was interested but now im having second thoughts. Heres why...

-I work 40 hours a week, sometimes up to 50.
-I have a class on tuesday and thursdays from 5-6pm

So just by posting those two i feel like im not gona have enough time for her, but I feel like i can achieve this.
Also, I got a little brother whos home most of the time so maybe he could help out, got a backyard.

What you guys think? Gona check out the dog tomorow.

most of the world works 40 hours a week and they still own dogs.

i work 48, own three dogs and find the time to take them to the park since i have no yard

you'll be okay.

i still live with the fams. Grandma stays home all day and my little brother comes home way earlier then me.

I read online that these dogs are very energetic, which worries me cause im only gona be able to give it morning and night walks.

best dogs; get that dog and I assure you that you won't regret it
I miss my German Shepard 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 23kidd

i still live with the fams. Grandma stays home all day and my little brother comes home way earlier then me.

I read online that these dogs are very energetic, which worries me cause im only gona be able to give it morning and night walks.

I say get it. She can keep grandma company 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I miss my German Shepard 
frown.gif

Any tips? Shes young so some training tips would be nice. It is my first dog lol.

DaBottom305: lol dude i thought bout that, my grandma leaves in april but either way itll be good for both of them

Originally Posted by 23kidd

I miss my German Shepard 
frown.gif

Any tips? Shes young so some training tips would be nice. It is my first dog lol.

DaBottom305: lol dude i thought bout that, my grandma leaves in april but either way itll be good for both of them
hmm our GS was really good; they are very protective of their family but once they realize someone is okay with you they are great
just be stern when she does something she shouldn't; they are REALLY smart dogs and understand what is right or wrong 

They really take a long time to develop into knowledgeable adults compared to other breeds. You do have to put in the time to teach them everything. Having a yard should help because you won't be forced to always take her on a walk.

Man I really want a German Shepherd but living in NYC there just isn't room even with a yard.

My GS have a huge yard . Very smart obedient and excellent gaurd dog capabilities but also good with kids . Only problem is they develope bad hips i have been told im not to that point yet as mine are only five and six years old .

shepherds aren't as energetic as you think but are very protective so it would be good to get her used to socializing with people outside your family and other dogs.

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

shepherds aren't as energetic as you think but are very protective so it would be good to get her used to socializing with people outside your family and other dogs.
this. my girl has a pit/shepherd mix, she's awesome. I named her Eva after Eva Braun
laugh.gif

you should be fine.

I miss my German Shepard 
frown.gif

QFT
I had one for over 10 years. So sad to see him pass away, he was 2 years older than me

Back
Top Bottom