Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

nice work on those DMP 6s!
:pimp:

i need some work on a couple pairs. could i send you some pics for a quote? if so, a pm or an email?

What are you using to decrease toeboxes of suede/nubuck? And what formula of retr0brite are you using for icy soles? They look immaculate.

nice work on those DMP 6s!
pimp.gif

i need some work on a couple pairs. could i send you some pics for a quote? if so, a pm or an email?
Pm'd
What are you using to decrease toeboxes of suede/nubuck? And what formula of retr0brite are you using for icy soles? They look immaculate.
Hey,

For the toebox I use the iron method, just make sure the iron isnt touching the suede/nubuck directly

And for the retrobrite, now a days I kind of eyeball it but its about a half a cup of hydrogen perox (cream) and 1 tablespoon of oxiclean

Great work peabrain!

but i was just wondering how do you whiten the stitching on the shoes?

I was wondering what type of paint to use on this part of my griffey Idk if it needs different paint because of the texture or not? And also could I just touch it up or should I do the whole thing? Any help is appreciated

Does the size of your brush matter when painting? Whta should i use to minimize brush strokes as much as possible?

I was wondering what type of paint to use on this part of my griffey Idk if it needs different paint because of the texture or not? And also could I just touch it up or should I do the whole thing? Any help is appreciated
Angelus - Black

Does the size of your brush matter when painting? Whta should i use to minimize brush strokes as much as possible?
The more coats of paint you add the less you will be able to notice the brush strokes.

Do you have any idea how to make suede non-shaggy? Like when it appears frayed.
Usually when suede is frayed, its pretty worn out, the best thing I can recommend is to shave off the shaggy/frayed pieces sticking up and then once the suede is smooth, re-dye it, and then use some suede renew to finish it off
Just like Jm mentioned, Black Angelus should do the trick, and if you want the paint job to come out clean, you definitely want to strip the cracked paint and lay down a couple fresh coats
Awesome work, dude!
My man!
pimp.gif

Thanks!
Try also painting thin coats, this will help hide the brush strokes
Thanks!

Last edited:
Okay, one more question: Sorry haha. Do your retr0brite results come fast? Is your setup outside or inside? And what kind of bulbs and setup do you use if it's inside? It's seems you can get them back to DS iciness.

What i mean is when making retr0brite is the Oxi-clean merely for prevention of yellowing again?
Okay, one more question: Sorry haha. Do your retr0brite results come fast? Is your setup outside or inside? And what kind of bulbs and setup do you use if it's inside? It's seems you can get them back to DS iciness.
Dont worry about it, you know I dont mind helping when I can

My understanding is that Oxiclean acts as a stain remover, you could technically just use hydrogen peroxide when trying to unyellow soles but If you're dealing with a really dirty old sole, Oxiclean will help clean those heavy stains

And as simple as your question is, its a very good one, most people dont see results after the first few sessions so they think they either give up or figure they're doing it wrong

The truth is that Unyellowing soles is one Long process that takes many many sessions.  How many sessions it takes before you see results depends on how yellow the soles is but my results arent faster than anyone else.  Anyone can Retrobrite, but not everyone has the patience or time to do session after session.

I use Reptiglo bulbs, I bought them at my local pet shop, they work well, I think Walmart has some good UV Bulbs too

And trust me, you can get the results I get, just stick with it

Hope this helps..

Dont worry about it, you know I dont mind helping when I can

My understanding is that Oxiclean acts as a stain remover, you could technically just use hydrogen peroxide when trying to unyellow soles but If you're dealing with a really dirty old sole, Oxiclean will help clean those heavy stains

And as simple as your question is, its a very good one, most people dont see results after the first few sessions so they think they either give up or figure they're doing it wrong

The truth is that Unyellowing soles is one Long process that takes many many sessions.  How many sessions it takes before you see results depends on how yellow the soles is but my results arent faster than anyone else.  Anyone can Retrobrite, but not everyone has the patience or time to do session after session.

I use Reptiglo bulbs, I bought them at my local pet shop, they work well, I think Walmart has some good UV Bulbs too

And trust me, you can get the results I get, just stick with it

Hope this helps..

No problem man,

And 20 minutes should be fine, when I`m doing the toeboxes I dont usually cover them with ceran wrap just because its such a short session

But you can if you want

Just make sure you dont leave them out, when its really hot outside you risk sole separation if you leave them out too long

Make sure you post updates when you're done!!

Thanks so much man! I made the mixture you suggested and placed them outside in the morning for an hour at a time. Did 2 sessions only on the toe and they were pearly white! The first time was already white enough, but the extra didn't hurt. I'll upload some pics.

Back
Top Bottom