Donaghy to appear on 60 minutes

on sunday..

Embattled former NBA referee Tim Donaghy will open up for the first time in an interview with "60 Minutes" airing next week, sources told the Daily News.

It's been more than two years since the feisty ref pleaded guilty to federal charges that he called games to influence point spreads, leading to a string of winning bets on games for him and his mob-connected cronies.

Donaghy served a year in Florida prisons and was released on Nov. 4.

The interview, which airs Sunday, focuses on corruption in professional basketball, sources said.

Reporter Bob Simon questioned Donaghy for hours on his relationships with players, other referees and the integrity of the NBA.

Donaghy fell on hard times after his guilty plea. His wife left him and took their four daughters. The once-successful ref was transformed overnight into a pariah with nowhere to sleep but a friend's couch until he went to jail.

His downward spiral continued when Triumph Books announced last month it would not print his upcoming tell-all book, "Blowing the Whistle," because lawyers found too many red flags in the text.

Donaghy is said to be searching for a new publisher. He has renamed the book "Personal Foul."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/200..._his_stripes_on_60_minutes.html#ixzz0YZg2jPND

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. *sets DVR*

I just wish he had something to back up his claims. Documents, emails, phone convos, etc.

The Tiger Woods story didn't blow up until the voicemail came out, and now it's snowballing.

Without proof, $tern won't do anything.

I thought you said Daughtry
frown.gif

What channel is this on?

Looked on NBC, its the pre game show of the game.
CBS, Nope talking about schools or something.
FOX the football game is on
ABC is Americas Funniest home videos/

you really don't know what channel 60 minutes is on?

CBS, man
laugh.gif
...they do different segmenets.

O haha i thought it was 60 minutes of Tim donaghy...all 60 minutes lol

I never watch this show

Wow........The implications of this 60 minutes is HUGGGEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will anything happen??? probably not, but it DEFINATELY makes me look at the games alot differently.

When they showed what was going on with Iverson.............CLEARLY he was being truthful about it all.

This is crazy.

man, these people are fools..

- 80% just by knowing what he knew? Get outa here.

- just betting on the spread and not the much easier to fix O/U? Get outa here

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Wow........The implications of this 60 minutes is HUGGGEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will anything happen??? probably not, but it DEFINATELY makes me look at the games alot differently.

When they showed what was going on with Iverson.............CLEARLY he was being truthful about it all.

This is crazy.
Was about to type pretty much the same thing. THIS IS CRAZY.

Back
Top Bottom