Donaghy to appear on 60 minutes

smh.gif
so much for gettin anyone's hopes up ...

laugh.gif
at "if they hear anything [about the mob putting a hit on him] they will contact me." Sounds like what they told me when my bike got stolen fromour porch. RIP Donaghy.

Honestly, I feel bad for Donaghy. Made a terrible decision and it basically ruined his life. Tim Donaghy was never the only problem with refereeing in the NBA,it's a widespread issue that I feel needs addressing. The quality of it is clearly lacking.

I feel that there was some BS'ing that the other refs didnt know and that other refs didnt bet.
Nothing was mentioned about that book where Refs would have contests like who can go the longest without calling a foul or tech.

And i better not see one laker fan talking about other players getting away with calls
laugh.gif

We have 100% proof that Kobe is favored
roll.gif

Originally Posted by slickrick916

he mention anything about kings&lakers?

Nah, if anything the stuff he said was positive for the NBA -No other refs bet on games. -When he reffed games he bet on he didn't make calls anydifferently. The one thing he said was that some refs didn't like certain players or really liked certain players, and sometimes if players angered therefs, the refs would get revenge by making petty calls agains them or not calling fouls for them (Iverson).

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

if i was david stern i would pay someone to just dead this guy.

Well, he did get a "warning" in jail. From Stern or the mob...probably the same thing anyway
smile.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Nah, if anything the stuff he said was positive for the NBA -No other refs bet on games. -When he reffed games he bet on he didn't make calls any differently. The one thing he said was that some refs didn't like certain players or really liked certain players, and sometimes if players angered the refs, the refs would get revenge by making petty calls agains them or not calling fouls for them (Iverson).
I can't find it right now but I remember there was a clip on youtube a ref gave Iverson a technical for hyping up the crowd or something.I'll try to find it later

Found it:

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Nah, if anything the stuff he said was positive for the NBA -No other refs bet on games. -When he reffed games he bet on he didn't make calls any differently. The one thing he said was that some refs didn't like certain players or really liked certain players, and sometimes if players angered the refs, the refs would get revenge by making petty calls agains them or not calling fouls for them (Iverson).
I can't find it right now but I remember there was a clip on youtube a ref gave Iverson a technical for hyping up the crowd or something. I'll try to find it later

Found it:
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
alien.gif

Originally Posted by eeibaby

slickrick916 wrote:

Nah, if anything the stuff he said was positive for the NBA -No other refs bet on games. -When he reffed games he bet on he didn't make calls any
differently. The one thing he said was that some refs didn't like certain players or really liked certain players, and sometimes if players angered the
refs, the refs would get revenge by making petty calls agains them or not calling fouls for them (Iverson).
I can't find it right now but I remember there was a clip on youtube a ref gave Iverson a technical for hyping up the crowd or something. I'll try to find it later

Found it:

SMH ... Refs have too much power. I understand keeping the game under control but that was unnecessary.

Donaghy does actually specifically mention the '02 WC Finals in his book from an excerpt I read. The interview was more of a, "Why would you dothis?" interview and less to do with the book.

With that money he was making off games, he couldn't use a little of it to fix his grill? His teeth are
sick.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

With that money he was making off games, he couldn't use a little of it to fix his grill? His teeth are
sick.gif

Apparently he made only 100K altogether, and each game he picked correctly was only netting him like 2K. If this is true, then I do sort of feel sorry for himin an odd way. Dude was batting .750 on his bets and only managed 100K altogether? Then got fired, went to prison, and now has the mob trying to wack him?
smh.gif

Heard on the radio about ref biases. Apparently Bob Delaney has a vendetta against Shaq for some reason. He'll always call fouls on Shaq when the situationarises. Shaq probably slept with Delaney's daughter or something
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom