Don't Breathe vol. Best horror movie in YEARS?!

Has anyone seen this movie yet? It currently has an 86% on RT. It's been getting VERY GOOD REVIEWS and it over performed at the box office this weekend making 26 million dollars (number 1 movie)

View media item 2148351

Last edited:
I have a very high tolerance for film scare.

I want to be scared.

Did not know bout this will watch:nerd:

I liked it, its more so "thriller" than horror but overall I enjoyed myself.

My girl told me she wanted to see it and I said hell no. Not till I see some good reviews. Cant just walk blindly into a horror movie in 2016 without rave reviews :lol:

Def going to spend money on this

Years? No. Year? Still no. But I'd say it's up there as one of my favorite thrillers this year. Entertaining ride, very tense in some parts, predictable in others, but overall not bad at all. Movie hits the audience with the okie doke a couple times. Overall I'd say 6/8, maybe 6.5 being generous.

You will be frustrated with the story/characters in at least a couple instances though, which is disappointing considering the rest of the movie is the goods.

Last edited:
My girl told me she wanted to see it and I said hell no. Not till I see some good reviews. Cant just walk blindly into a horror movie in 2016 without rave reviews :lol:

Def going to spend money on this

Last time I blindly did that, I ended up seeing Shalaymans "the visit". Never again bro, never again :rofl:

Yea definitely not a HORROR movie.. Moreso thriller/suspense. noskey noskey hit it right on the head about being frustrated with the story and characters. It's a fun movie to take a chick to see. Wouldn't watch it again though, but from the trailers I was very anxious to see it initially.

Years? No. Year? Still no. But I'd say it's up there as one of my favorite thrillers this year. Entertaining ride, very tense in some parts, predictable in others, but overall not bad at all. Movie hits the audience with the okie doke a couple times. Overall I'd say 6/8, maybe 6.5 being generous.

You will be frustrated with the story/characters in at least a couple instances though, which is disappointing considering the rest of the movie is the goods.
Let me guess: the main characters make irrational and stupid decisions?

I mean, beyond the basic premise of the movie and simply living in Detroit in the first place, yeah. Not to spoil anything, but there's a lot of classic horror movie cliches and tropes, or at least enough where you kind of stop caring about the story and just care to see how it ends. Still a pretty decent movie all in all.

last time I heard a "horror" movie was good I went to watch "it follows" 
mean.gif
sick.gif

Haven't even heard of this one.. Will check it out.
. Horror my favorite genre.. Lights out got a almost 80 percent score on rt.. Didn't hear many people talking about it but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I mean, beyond the basic premise of the movie and simply living in Detroit in the first place, yeah. Not to spoil anything, but there's a lot of classic horror movie cliches and tropes, or at least enough where you kind of stop caring about the story and just care to see how it ends. Still a pretty decent movie all in all.
I'm surprised by the lack of "smart" horror films -- where the main characters don't make stupid choices.

I saw this on Friday, and it was a good watch. Worth the 15 bucks I paid to watch it.

Had been anticipating it for months. 

Makes sense though.. When people are scared most of them make bad decisions or do dumb ish. Very few people can stay rational and be calm under pressure or when they scared ishless..

a theatre full of people doesnt make a movie scary if its not. I haven't seen it yet, but the fear factor of a movie isn't dependent on if you watch it in a theatre or at home. In fact.. it may actually be less scary in a theatre full of people instead of at the crib in the dark.

This movie made me angry in the beginning. Then towards the end the theater was legitimately laughing at the chain of events.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom