Don't buy tickets from Stubhub if you are traveling for the event.

daruma

formerly clu713
Supporter
just felt like this would be helpful for people attending future concerts/events.

my friend wanted to hit up the metallica concert in SD, he's from LA. he bought a ticket to the event and drove ~2 hours to SD by himself. The ticket didn't scan and the venue said he was SOL since it was a sold out event. he contacted stubhub on the spot. they apologized and said the best thing they can do is give him a full refund.

he said **** that and went to a few different securities and finally paid $100 (cheaper than the stubhub ticket) to get into the venue.

he should still try an get that refund.

sucks tho. I pay the extra money to get a printed ticket from wherever I copped the Jay tickets.

Damn, I was always under the impression they get you a comparable ticket immediately if that were to happen.

he should still try an get that refund.

sucks tho. I pay the extra money to get a printed ticket from wherever I copped the Jay tickets.

he got the refund + paid less to watch the concert :lol:. but if he wasn't able to get in, he would've wasted 4hours of driving for nothing. :sick:

just felt like this would be helpful for people attending future concerts/events.

my friend wanted to hit up the metallica concert in SD, he's from LA. he bought a ticket to the event and drove ~2 hours to SD by himself. The ticket didn't scan and the venue said he was SOL since it was a sold out event. he contacted stubhub on the spot. they apologized and said the best thing they can do is give him a full refund.

he said **** that and went to a few different securities and finally paid $100 (cheaper than the stubhub ticket) to get into the venue.

you saying he paid security man's to get in back door?
sweet

you saying he paid security man's to get in back door?
sweet

yeah, just need to find the right person and they won't turn down a $100 tip :lol:

I've travelled with no problem

first time hearing bout this

not surprised tho

yeah, i was surprised too.. then i checked their BBB page and there are plenty of the same complaints on there :smh:

Though I've seen it happen to someone as well, it doesn't mean you shouldn't buy anything from them. I'm from Rhode Island and I drove to Philly for a K Dot show and didnt have any problems. Just know your taking a minor risk if you are buying through them since they're just resellers.

They definitely need to do a better job at preventing that. I can't imagine driving hours and planning ahead just to get turned down at the door. And the idea of them JUST giving you a refund would infuriate me mannnn.

Tell your friend to file a long detailed complaint. My friend did it and they gave her the money back plus $100 credit to stubhub.

Back
Top Bottom