Dont sleep on Danny Brown.

Copped this at Best Buy completely by accident yesterday. Went in looking for Pusha T (had it at Target), and as I was about to leave, I saw 'OLD', and at 8 bucks I just said f it. This is the first full length solo project I've listened to from him (listened to Brown/Yayo way back), and I think it's actually pretty nice. I dig the songs where he's more subdued much more than the ones where he's too hype. Not a bad purchase at all. Personally I think the 1st half of the album is much stronger than the latter, especially on the production side.

View media item 61349201 Side A (Old) [prod. Paul White]
02 The Return [ft. Freddie Gibbs] [prod. Paul White]
03 25 Bucks [ft. Purity Ring] [prod. Corin Roddick]
04 Wonderbread [prod. Paul White]
05 Gremlins [prod. Oh No]
06 Dope Fiend Rental [ft. Schoolboy Q] [prod. Skywlkr]
07 Torture [prod. Oh No]
08 Lonely [prod. Paul White]
09 Clean Up [prod. Paul White]
10 Red 2 Go [prod. Oh No]
11 Side B (Dope Song) [prod. Rustie]
12 Dubstep [ft. Scrufizzer] [prod. Skywlkr]
13 Dip [prod. Skywlkr]
14 Smokin & Drinkin [prod. A-Trak & JMIKE]
15 Break It (Go) [prod. Rustie]
16 Handstand [prod. Darq E. Freaker]
17 Way Up Here [ft. Ab-Soul] [prod. Rustie]
18 Kush Coma [ft. A$AP Rocky and Zelooperz] [prod. Skywlkr]
19 Float On [ft. Charli XCX] [prod. Frank Dukes]​

old was a pretty solid project... i was really feelin -

side A (old)
dope fiend rental ( groovy Q :x :nthat: )
lonely
side B (dope song)
dip

:smokin

Danny has really grown on me. I enjoyed XXX. Black and Brown is still my favorite project. Old is pretty solid as well, still listening to it.

I've seen him a few times live, his shows are pretty good too.

I dig the songs where he's more subdued much more than the ones where he's too hype.
I completely agree. When he's too hyped, I can't understand a single thing he's saying, no matter how hard I concentrate on the lyrics.

I kept double checking the tracklist when he was mellow on the tracks, like "who is this cat spittin?" Oh, that's Danny :lol:

I kept double checking the tracklist when he was mellow on the tracks, like "who is this cat spittin?" Oh, that's Danny
laugh.gif
Not gonna lie, I did that a couple times too.
laugh.gif

I can't figure out why I like dude... But he's nice to IMO... crazy as ****, but that might be the reason...

I first heard him on the 1train song, and his verse was terrible. Tried listening to XXX, and it didnt do anything for my impression of him

I listened to a few randoms tracks off Old... That voice though 
sick.gif

Ruins everything

I was just about to make an "Old" thread. People sleeping on this album and him himself :smh:

"Dip" is the jam :pimp:

man I was supposed to make a post about him the other day.... but I got sidetracked and forgot.

Had NO idea Danny had bars like this , not gonna lie. I mean I liked his verse on 'terrorist threats' but never looked into him much. His life!? Wow :smh: Nothing but respect for dude. I agree with this being one of the top hip-hop projects of the year. Easy. Haven't listened to rap CD back to back like this since Kendrick, true story.

^^^ Agreed. I really enjoy Old. I still am playing it. Danny is talented, entertaining, and original.

I never thought I would say it but I am NOT feeling Old.

Side A is ok, and Side B is just not good IMO.

The songs with Gangsta Gibbs and Schoolboy are dope though.

I'm just underwhelmed with the project as a whole, as someone who

is an avid an of Danny Brown, I won't say that he's regressing as an artist, but I'm

not feeling this direction. 

I never thought I would say it but I am NOT feeling Old.
Side A is ok, and Side B is just not good IMO.
The songs with Gangsta Gibbs and Schoolboy are dope though.
I'm just underwhelmed with the project as a whole, as someone who
is an avid an of Danny Brown, I won't say that he's regressing as an artist, but I'm
not feeling this direction. 

:lol: dang for real? This **** is gold to me...

Purity Ring killed 25 Bucks. That song is flames. Love how it's more Purity Ring feat. Danny Brown than the other way around, they're a good duo together.

As for the rest of Old, it's pretty good. Kinda like XXX to me though where there are some really good songs then some songs I just skip instantly.

"Old" is top 3 this year. It's better than Push, IMO

"25 Bucks" was one of those beats where I got a smile on my face and had to bob my head. First time you hear it is priceless. I can't play it loud enough in the car! :x

The Return is dope. Only song I like off the whole mixtape. I cant get past Dannys voice

Back
Top Bottom