Dontre Hamilton Shooting: No Charges for Fired Milwaukee Cop

Senoj

formerly adidas freak
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dontre-hamilton-shooting-no-charges-fired-milwaukee-cop-n273186

The Milwaukee police officer who shot and killed a black man in April won't be charged, a district attorney announced Monday. Milwaukee County District Attorney John T. Chisholm said that former Milwaukee police officer Christopher Manney "was justified in firing at Dontre Hamilton" because Hamilton had taken Manney's baton while the officer was responding to a complaint about a man sleeping in a public park, and the Manney was attempting to "stop the threat."

In a statement, Chisholm said "the more difficult issue" is determining whether Manney — who shot Hamilton at least 13 times — fired more shots than he needed to in order to subdue Hamilton. But many witnesses testified that Manney stopped firing when Hamilton fell to the ground, prompting Chisholm to rule that the numerous shots were a "defensive action forced upon him by Dontre Hamilton's deadly attack with a police baton."

In addition to an autopsy, a state investigation and an independent expert's investigation were conducted. The investigations were then reviewed by a prosecutor. "I am satisfied that we have done a very thorough, very independent investigation," Chisholm said. He added that he is "deeply aware" that his decision might cause protests, but "I can't control outside events and I can't allow outside events to control me."

Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke requested National Guard support in anticipation of protests following the announcement. The request comes after protesters blocked traffic on Interstate 43 on Friday, leading to the arrest of 74 people.

Manney was fired by Milwaukee police Chief Edward Flynn in October, not because of his actions in the shooting but rather for failing to follow department rules in the moments leading up to the altercation, resulting in a struggle that left deadly force as the officer's only option.

The Hamilton family's attorney, Jonathan Safran, requested Monday that a federal investigation be conducted, "with the belief that federal law criminal civil rights charges are warranted in this case."

I'm in Milwaukee and i was actually near the murder at the time. There wwas like 20-25 shots that rang out but only 14-15 hit the guy. Crazy that no charges are being pressed. Some folks here are protesting on the highway/Interchange but nothing major as of yet. The national guard are on call.

Why he shoot him so many times. One hit will take down an unarmed man unless he high on pcp or something :smh:

Him getting shot seems ok in this situation but 14-15? **** outta here with that

If someone broke into my home and i shoot them that many times I'll probably get charged for excessive force

Last edited:
Why he shoot him so many times. One hit will take down an unarmed man unless he high on pcp or something :smh:

Him getting shot seems ok in this situation but 14-15? **** outta here with that

If someone broke into my home and i shoot them that many times I'll probably get charged for excessive force

He was asleep waiting for his brother to pick him up and the cops were called in because a homeless man was sleeping. Things escalated and apparently dude grabbed the night stick/ club and went upside the officers head a couple times. No one deserved to get shot 14 times. Nobody in their right mind would hit an officer in Milwaukee/ wisconsin they are always on dirt. A buddy of mine was playing basketball in high school and some kid was talking trash so he knocked the kid out on the court. this was like a tri county league and the kids father ran on the court and got knocked out too. It was crazy :nerd:. Anyways my homie gets back to school a couple months later with bandages over his head/eye. This dude is like 6'3" about 3 something. first thing he said in french class was, "they handcuffed me and had their way." :smh:

Last edited:
Here's some more info... btw before that officer showed up a couple officers had already checked on him and decided he wasn't doing anything wrong and let him be.

According to the autopsy, seven of the shots that hit Hamilton had a downward trajectory, and one of the bullet wounds showed that Hamilton was shot in the back from behind.

The autopsy also showed “no stippling or unburned or burned gunpowder particles on [Hamilton’s] skin,” which the family’s lawyers say shows that Hamilton was shot from some distance.

The medical examiner’s account also says that Hamilton had bruises on the right side of this chin, scalp and arm.

In his memo, Manney wrote that Hamilton had a “muscular build” and “most definitely would have overpowered … me or pretty much any officer I can think of, to tell you the truth. He was just that big, that muscular … I would say he would be impossible to control if you were one-man.”

Manney also described Hamilton as being “considerably younger than me, in much better shape than me, and much stronger and more muscular than me.”

But the autopsy results do not support Manney’s description. In the report, the medical examiner said that at the time of his death, Hamilton was a 169-pound, 5-foot-7 “well developed, overweight … adult-black male.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/dontre-hamilton-autopsy#.csvE4wPB3W

Damn :smh:

Even though they ****** with him first getting shot was justified. 14 times is OD and goes from protecting yourself to just being a cold blooded murderer.

A suspect trying to fight you comes with the job of being a cop. Doesn't give them a right to shoot them 14 times in cold blood.

Wish Chad Kelly got shot 14 times when he fought police and threatened to shoot them with his AK 47

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that article. Cops let him be and of course an ignorant officer still goes back to harass and provoke a homeless man :smh:

Sad

I'm in Milwaukee but just moved back home in July. Wasn't around for the shooting but under don't expect any Ferguson like reactions. Half the city sick and it's too cold to make real moves

don't know much about this case but heard on MSNBC that the 14 shots took about 4 seconds to fire off so.... 

it's OD, but not as OD as it sounds if you're imagining 14 separate trigger pulls 

I could see someone with a few trigger pulls in a panic, busting under pressure 

Man at the Canadian border waived what appeared to be a gun as he walked towards them. They shot him in the arm and he was taken in.

i think i remember a while ago some old man got robbed he killed the people that robbed him but shot them a bunch of times and he got hit with murder or something like that

that cop should be charged

Last edited:
Well...

You shouldn't be sleeping in a public park.

And taking a cops baton totally justifies being shot 14 times.

/blc , oneilmat, and me66

I'm completely ignorant when it comes to weapons technology, but is there not some middle grown between a taser and a bullet that isn't lethal, but still effective? If not, can they please invent one? The power should be taken out of the cops hands because clearly they just abuse it and get away with it.

exactly why nobody cares about these officers getting murked. They can go over are head with a batoon and we cant fight back but if we do it, we get shot 14 times

If somebody a normal citizen went on my head with a baton, if i shoot him 14 times, we all know i would be in prison and charged!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is why some people are angry at cops. abusing powers

Has the pigs name been released yet? Hopefully he gets executed in the street.

Obviously what happened in NY and FL wasn't right but dudes really wonder why there's a lack of sympathy for the "innocent" pigs that have been going down. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Man at the Canadian border waived what appeared to be a gun as he walked towards them. They shot him in the arm and he was taken in.
canadian cops are trained to be action movie star level shooters 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom