DOW closes UP OVER 900 points!....... biggest one-day point gain EVER.... [breaking news pg 2]

siren.gif
siren.gif

FILL YOUR BOOTS: DOW CLIMBS 936...
BIGGEST ONE-DAY GAIN IN 21YEARS...

The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) ended 936 points higher, after having risen as much as 976 points during the session. The advance was the largest ever during a session on a point basis. The point gain was equal to 11.1%, the fourth-best day ever on a percentage basis.
http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/13/markets/markets_newyork/index.htm?postversion=2008101315http://money.cnn.com/2008...tm?postversion=2008101315http://money.cnn.com/2008...tm?postversion=2008101315http://money.cnn.com/2008...tm?postversion=2008101315

image;size=239x110

t1home.dow.chart.jpg

CNN.COM----BREAKING NEWS

"Wall Street makes stunning reversal from worst week ever. Dow, Nasdaq and S&P gain more than 11% after global crisis intervention."

MSNBC.COM----BREAKING NEWS
[h1]Historic surge on Wall Street[/h1]

there were steals everywhere....everyone knew this would eventaully happen
eg..AAPL at 90 something last week....today closes at 110.
I'm sure a bunch of people made a killing

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Definitely.
If you had money, the end of last week was a GREAT time to buy.

What will be interesting is to see what happens in the next 4 days days of the week.

you said it. my capital FTL

so wait - when's the amero coming again?
laugh.gif

amazing how they are making posts at 9:15 when the market was down, but they go silent when there predictions for world chaos go unproven.

Can't wait for tomorrow, 10/14.. so all those people can shut up too.

There were sales everywhere, that's really good to hear.
pimp.gif

AAPL at one point was under 70...like I said originally, it was bound to rebound because the market was pulling EVERYTHING down...now is APPL going to trade at150 any time soon? Most likely not....

We need a consistent week(s) though before I cheer on today's gains.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

AAPL at one point was under 70...like I said originally, it was bound to rebound because the market was pulling EVERYTHING down...now is APPL going to trade at 150 any time soon? Most likely not....

i fear tomorrow we will be seeing red again/

961 points is great. Maybe everyone can stop panicking. Maybe the media wont be so gloom and doom.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Very true. That's why I'm interested to see where things go in the next few days.
On a side/kind of related note: Gas prices dropped another 4.1 cents today nationally.... dropping the national average to $3.206
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

AAPL at one point was under 70...like I said originally, it was bound to rebound because the market was pulling EVERYTHING down...now is APPL going to trade at 150 any time soon? Most likely not....

Well, don't hold your breath
laugh.gif

We're definitely going into a recession based on all of the key indicators they have to predict such things. The market adjusted a bit today, but it'sprobably going to settle somewhere down further than we're at right now for a few months to a year, is my guess.

We'll see - but if you made something today, i'd see how tomorrow starts out and then consider getting out for awhile if you need the money soon.

I got MS at 75% up from today. Going to sell tomorrow. I think Visa is still a good buy, its close to its IPO

Back
Top Bottom