Dr. Conrad Murray Verdict- GULITY| Reason for Michael Jacksons Death?

Ridiculous. Dude should've lost his license but there's no way he should be criminally responsible for his death. MJ was a grown man and made the conscious decision to take copious amounts of medicine.

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

Ridiculous. Dude should've lost his license but there's no way he should be criminally responsible for his death. MJ was a grown man and made the conscious decision to take copious amounts of medicine.

Yeah, but it is the doctor's job to know what's best for the patient - you shouldn't be able to go to your doctor and say that you'd like some med you've heard is good - that's not what they'e for. What he did was gross negligence.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Yeah, but it is the doctor's job to know what's best for the patient - you shouldn't be able to go to your doctor and say that you'd like some med you've heard is good - that's not what they'e for. What he did was gross negligence.
^ This.  As doctors they are held to a higher standard.  That's why they get paid what they get paid. 

SMH This dude is getting time because the world wants someone to blame for the death of the most famous pop star ever.

IMO Mike asked for the drugs, and got the drugs. It's honestly his own fault.

at the end of the day anyone with half of brain would do what murray did. only problem is he got caught

If the same *+%%%!@*%#*% that owns a zoo in his backyards, an amusement park, anything he wants in the ##%#*$+ world

tells you to take a !%$% and pull it out with your hands then roll in it, you damn well will do it. money is power and mj had a lot of it.

Originally Posted by cguy610

^ This.  As doctors they are held to a higher standard.  That's why they get paid what they get paid. 
Let's be serious here. Do you appreciate the caliber of retainer payment Mike was paying to this man? Dude was replaceable at a snap of a finger. Mike utilized his finances and influence to control this dude's hand. Is that professionally negligent? Yes, and he should have lost his licensed and been forbidden from practicing medicine. However, Mike obviously leveraged his status to force the doctor to give him the amount of drugs he desired. You don't think the doctor advised against it when Mike more than likely made repeated demands for more medication? Blasphemous. Mike killed himself by using his wealth and status to control the amount of prescription medicine he received. Any doctor would have been susceptible to Mike's influence considering that Mike would have fired them and went to another doctor that acquiesced to his demands. Succombing to these demands is the definition of professional negligence but Mike was the real culprit here. You can skate on a technicality if you desire but it's so patently obvious that this man is the scapegoat. And, yes, he was negligent but the DA should have never pressed charges because his negligence was far from volitional.

Originally Posted by BronLe

SMH This dude is getting time because the world wants someone to blame for the death of the most famous pop star ever.

IMO Mike asked for the drugs, and got the drugs. It's honestly his own fault.

exactly, he doesnt deserve the jail time.. Free Conrad!

"Advising against it" still isn't enough - and it's not about the money - that's not why a doctor has to behave ethically - it's because that's what their profession is about. That's why there are laws and oversight and you hear about people being stripped of their licence - because it's important that doctors only act in the best interests of their patient.

It is disappointing that the $150k a month clearly changed his judgment - and now he pays the consequences.

I disagree that any doctor would have done that too - sure, some would (like any profession or job there are always going to be those who just do what they want) but most will choose to do what is right.

Someone died because of his action or lack of action - I don't know what's more negligent than that.

"Advising against it" still isn't enough - and it's not about the money - that's not why a doctor has to behave ethically - it's because that's what their profession is about. That's why there are laws and oversight and you hear about people being stripped of their licence - because it's important that doctors only act in the best interests of their patient.

It is disappointing that the $150k a month clearly changed his judgment - and now he pays the consequences.

I disagree that any doctor would have done that too - sure, some would (like any profession or job there are always going to be those who just do what they want) but most will choose to do what is right.

Someone died because of his action or lack of action - I don't know what's more negligent than that.
I'm not discounting his negligence. I just think it's ridiculous to ignore the disparate circumstances of wealth and power in this situation. Ignoring the harsh reality of confluence is being slightly naive and disingenuous. Yes, the doctor had a role in this affair but his role was not something that derived from independent behavior that was a product of his own doing, which should be the basis of imposing criminal charges on someone. His negligence was a product of MJ's considerable influence, and for this, I do not think criminal charges are appropriate. There's a reason doctors and lawyers have licensing boards that internally handle disciplinary actions. This situation could have been sufficiently resolved in that structure.

Soooo Mike is just innocent and naive in this whole situation? Amidoinitrite?

LOL when I ask people how much the average doctor gets paid, some of the numbers i get are
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Honestly for the amount of work doctors do they are insultingly underpaid-If you want to make money there are many professions you can go into with way less work-not saying doctors don't make enough to be comfortable but if money is a motivation it just isn't worth it

Doctors get held to a higher standard because they make decisions that can mean the difference between health/life and death-

Lol at Murray getting time

But Casey Anthony chillin with martinis somewhere...

Murray was doing his job...

Anthony killed an innocent child...

Dat Justice System Flaw

Dat Justice System Flaw

Murray was NOT doing his job, let us make that clear
ohwell.gif
Was there an intent to harm? Most likely not, but what he did is not what physicians are trained to do

Dat Justice System Flaw

Whoa, what evidence do you have that supports that that child was so innocent? She may have always been telling knock knock jokes or something!

Let's be serious here. Do you appreciate the caliber of retainer payment Mike was paying to this man? Dude was replaceable at a snap of a finger. Mike utilized his finances and influence to control this dude's hand. Is that professionally negligent? Yes, and he should have lost his licensed and been forbidden from practicing medicine. However, Mike obviously leveraged his status to force the doctor to give him the amount of drugs he desired. You don't think the doctor advised against it when Mike more than likely made repeated demands for more medication? Blasphemous. Mike killed himself by using his wealth and status to control the amount of prescription medicine he received. Any doctor would have been susceptible to Mike's influence considering that Mike would have fired them and went to another doctor that acquiesced to his demands. Succombing to these demands is the definition of professional negligence but Mike was the real culprit here. You can skate on a technicality if you desire but it's so patently obvious that this man is the scapegoat. And, yes, he was negligent but the DA should have never pressed charges because his negligence was far from volitional.
Just say no.
You have to go to school just for knowing how to admit proforol. Conrad didnt go to school for that. He didnt know what he was doing, he should have said no mike aint finna do that.
Ya keep saying "no doctor would turn that money down" yes they would and yes they have many docs came up and said Mj was asking them and they said no. You have a moral and
ethic code that needs to be followed.

You send drug dealers to jail, not crackheads
He shoulda coped a plea and got two years i dont think he should have got that much time.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I must of been living under a rock because I had no idea dude was even on trial

wow man, dude was constantly in the news for the past few months lol

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Complex case. There was a lot riding on this and I feel like they felt like "someone had to pay" for this.

Conrad is the fall-guy.
very curious this they 
laugh.gif

Yes Dr. Murray was guilty, but we must also accept that MJ himself with his addiction, actions, and manipulation played a huge role in his own death.

Back
Top Bottom