DR. DRE GETTING $3 BILLION FOR BEATS!! Apple Deal Reportedly Close

Dr. Dre could be days away from being the first rapper turned BILLIONAIRE ... thanks to a mega-deal for Apple to snatch up his Beats Electronics brand.

Apple will reportedly buy Beats for a whopping $3.2 BILLION -- and since Dre and Interscope honcho Jimmy Iovine created the brand ... it's a safe bet they will walk away with a huge chunk of that cash.

Dre and Jimmy created the brand back in 2008 with headphones -- but now they're also making bank off speakers, car audio systems, and a streaming service.

The deal could close next week ... and would be Apple's biggest acquisition ever.

Dre came in #2 on Forbes' most recent list of hip hop's wealthiest artists -- with a net worth of $550 million ... while Diddy was #1 at $700 million.

The Apple deal -- first reported by Variety -- could easily push the Doc to the top of that list. This would also explain his purchase of Tom Brady's mansion.

Damn, REALLY pulled one, over on that owner of Monster. They pretty much strong armed that brand away from them.

Dre. positioning himself to buy the Clipps???

Last edited:
:wow: Wonder what apple has planned for beats.

Last edited:
Damn who knew that some cheap china speakers turned into headphones would end up being so big.. 3 Billion 
eek.gif

Headphones?.... That play music?.... Really?
Like, they make sound cclearer, ok. But they cant make you like a bad song.
Like nothing is revolutionary bout this product.. yet they gettin 3 bill tho?... :x :x :x

:smh: I respect the hustle forreal man. Im bout to start selling pre-chewed gum. See you cats later.

Headphones?.... That play music?.... Really?
Like, they make sound cclearer, ok. But they cant make you like a bad song.
Like nothing is revolutionary bout this product.. yet they gettin 3 bill tho?... :x :x :x

:smh: I respect the hustle forreal man. Im bout to start selling pre-chewed gum. See you cats later.
My ***** lol get on it homie

I see a Apple headphone integration in the near future (like HP Beats Laptop)...even though these aren't the best for sound..lol

50 x Vitamin Water = 4 Billi, he only walked away with 400 Mill though

I'm seeing people around the interwebz saying this is probably to acquire Beats Music streaming? Never thought about it from that perspective. Makes sense.

Mannnnn the beats aren't even that great, but I ain't mad at Dre he built that brand name up.

Last edited:
Crazy part is AAPL's mad picky about which companies they purchase. Either Beats has some great engineers/tech in the pipeline or this deal falls through.

fam i remember me and my boy talking about detox when i was playing sanandreas....when it first dropped. detox is like diddy in the desert.

good for dre but dont see the point in apple doing this unless they trying to put this in their iphone... i have beats on my htc one and it isnt nothing special but i do enjoy my beats hd solo

Beats are so mediocre though. Kinda surprised Apple would acquire them, to be honest. Seems like a weird match.

Good for Dre though. Turning subpar, trendy headphones into 3.2 billion is ******* incredible.

ARen't the stock earphones pretty crappy too? So many millions using those.. Add to that substandard mp3 quality, and it's a world where quality is truly skewed. Kids don't realize what they are missing until a live show blows them away.

I can see beats being included in every new purchase with a $50-$100 up charge for "quality"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom