DRAKE OR COLE? BETTER FIRST SINGLE TO CREATE HYPE FOR ALBUMS?

Drake's Started from the Bottom or J.Cole's Power Trip ft Miguel.  I personally like both of them for different moods.  Heard SFTB in the club the other night and it seemed to be one of those grab your homies around the collar and act a fool type tracks.  Sometimes that simplicity formula works.  On the other hand Power trip is going to be getting radio spins like crazy. NT what do yall think?

oh and play power trip in the whip with shorty
smokin.gif
 once that miguel hook comes on it's a wrap.

the fact that no one knew that power trip was j.coles first single from his new album...

drake wins this by a mile, i dont like "started from the bottom" but it created so much hype 

got all these grade school kids singing his lyrics

the fact that no one knew that power trip was j.coles first single from his new album...

drake wins this by a mile, i dont like "started from the bottom" but it created so much hype 

got all these grade school kids singing his lyrics
yea it's sad that even after the success of cole's sideline story album his promo team isn't the best..he almost relies solely on his fan base to spread the word.  I could imagine how his stuff would circulate if roc nation took an mmg promo approach for him.

yea it's sad that even after the success of cole's sideline story album his promo team isn't the best..he almost relies solely on his fan base to spread the word.  I could imagine how his stuff would circulate if roc nation took an mmg promo approach for him.

He probably should of signed to GOOD music, Kanye would of made him more famous than he already is

Started From The Bottom will be getting more hype for Drake's next album. I prefer Power Trip though... It's been getting constant spins from me since it dropped.

He probably should of signed to GOOD music, Kanye would of made him more famous than he already is
Yeah, so we could have the pleasure of hearing an album with Big Sean, 2 Chainz, and watered-down Kanye on 5/12 songs.  I'll pass.

Cole being signed to Roc Nation has allowed him to do things more organically and create the music he actually wants to make. 

Also, the single Power Trip literally just released like 2 days ago.  Gotta give it some time before we judge how well it will do. 

that Cole song is trash so I guess Drake wins by default.

Yeah, so we could have the pleasure of hearing an album with Big Sean, 2 Chainz, and watered-down Kanye on 5/12 songs.  I'll pass.

Cole being signed to Roc Nation has allowed him to do things more organically and create the music he actually wants to make. 

Also, the single Power Trip literally just released like 2 days ago.  Gotta give it some time before we judge how well it will do. 

And Cole gets no recognition yeah roc nation blows, no one is signed to it that's why he has all those options.

Plus, he couldn't even get on the GOOD team, hahaha

Started From The Bottom is an anthem. Cole had no chance and did the smart thing by doing the radio song instead of trying to compete with that.

Started From The Bottom is catchy, beat bangs, isn't an ignorant "trap record", tells a story, and people can somewhat "relate". Power Trip is the same thing we've always heard from Cole. Production-wise, subject matter-wise, and sound-wise. Not a bad thing necessarily.

^ You talk as if Cole specifically put out his new single to **** with Drakes.. Im sure he didnt

Drake single is dry to me..generic
and not cus I hate Drake. People just like it and it "bangs" because its Drake and he hasnt dropped a single in a while

But i like the Cole single, hes sounding more polished and Miguel merks it :smokin

"Started from the Bottom" is an anthem. If your apart of the Twitter, Instagram, And FB world... You know everybody goes nuts and quotes the track line for line.

I'm actually surprised how well "Power Trip" came out. I think the track is mad hot. It has potential to become huge, in my opinion. I like both tracks equally the same.

Started From The Bottom is an anthem. Cole had no chance and did the smart thing by doing the radio song instead of trying to compete with that.

Started From The Bottom is catchy, beat bangs, isn't an ignorant "trap record", tells a story, and people can somewhat "relate". Power Trip is the same thing we've always heard from Cole. Production-wise, subject matter-wise, and sound-wise. Not a bad thing necessarily.
Exactly my thoughts.

I understand the curiosity of opinion. But I never understand the "you have to hate one to like the other" mentality that people argue about. Like what you like. One, both, neither. It's not a fight. I've only heard SFTB but I'm going to peep J.Cole right now. I didn't even know he dropped a new track. 

Back
Top Bottom