drake signs to interscope records ::

Drake alright, just doesnt have that superstar appeal to me, but he is a dope lyricist so i will give him a listen, gucci aight in his own lil way 2, Wale iput in the same category as drake, i wish them both success

and i confess, i dont really buy many cd's but i have been lately for the ex, the dream, lady ga ga, john legend for her and solange for me

ya'll haven't heard Drizzy getting hype around here?

it seems like everybody has So Far Gone quotes as their Facebook status nowadays..

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

GUCCI!!!!!

I dont care what ya'll say I like him

pimp.gif

Shoe Don, should check out Nipsey Hu$$le mixtape

"Bullets ain't got no name vol. 1&2"

also peep Jay Rock mixtape

"coming to a hood near you"

they also got a mixtape together

"Blue + Red = Green"

them !@+$%% are
pimp.gif

*Goes back to listening to Issac Hayes*
listening to this now..joint goes
pimp.gif

Congrats to dude but y'all not gonna support him in the right way. When was the last time y'all bought a record? And we wonder why rap/r&b is themain ones hurting.

was at Club 24 last nite.....girl who was doing the guest list said him and asher roth were performing. not sure if it went down, we left around 1.

Im with J.... I didn't know who this dude was either...

Im also with O.... "buy albums or music?"

I didn't know stores sold either anymore.

At first I thought I wouldn't be able to, but when i heard he wasn't rapping about guns and coke I was like ill give it a listen to. if he was rapppingbout some hardcore *#$$ i wouldn't give dude no respect

Am I the only guy who can't take dude seriously because he was on Degrassi

At first I was like, "Nahhhhh not wheelchair Jimmy, cut that s**t out." But then I gave his mixtape a listen and I quickly changed my mind. For allthose who have still yet to give him a chance. Just Youtube "Drake Congratulations". That's the song that turned it around for me.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Am I the only guy who can't take dude seriously because he was on Degrassi

At first I was like, "Nahhhhh not wheelchair Jimmy, cut that s**t out." But then I gave his mixtape a listen and I quickly changed my mind. For all those who have still yet to give him a chance. Just Youtube "Drake Congratulations". That's the song that turned it around for me.
laugh.gif

When I am really bored I will check dude out

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

^Nah, I think he's from Toronto. Check out any of his three mixtapes, Room For Improvement, Comeback Season, and So Far Gone. So Far Gone is what 'Ye wishes 808's & Heartbreaks was.

SOOoooo... I did just that, last night... downloaded Comeback Season and So Far Gone...

My report...

First of all if I had to choose, I like So Far Gone more then Comeback Season. Perhaps it's the fact I began listening to that one first (and in my whip,better sound) and the Comeback Season via iPod (headphones) at work... or So Far Gone, just more closer to the current vibe im at, today. Anyways with thatsaid... I don't see all the HYPE!!! I'm not saying dude isn't "talented" or that it's WACK! BUT... I don't let's see huh,let's say $80 bucks worth of talent (yet) or worthy of purching a CD (yet). The singing, can't be really judge because its all studio edited(auto-tune and such), sounds good though and the rap - is cool but I have high standards when it comes to rap, lyrics. Still, rather listen to this dude thensaaaaay Stanky Leg.

Another thing, I definitely feel dude is more for the the ladies, which is cool (nothing wrong with that at all), perhaps that's the reason for the buzzbecause as we know, if the ladies like it then it sells and dudes (for the most part) just follow suite... it's thepower of the P.U...
grin.gif
Soooo expect me to bump it when I'm ridingdolo, front'n, in the clean whip OR with the misses... not bumping on fellas night out.

Also, I defnitily see the influecne of other artist (I don't know who is writing for who or who is influencing who), but yea like a hybird of Wayne, Pain,Ye'... mixed with another element and a "smooth" light skin R&B cat (ol' Al B. Sure look'n boi... Rock, by default you should supportthis dude J/K). Sooooo, to add on to that perhaps the buzz is also due to the fact that the "hottest" rapper (as the general public claims, Idon't, eff) Wayne co-signs him, it only adds to the buzz, to the "he must be hot" factor! I got my peoples (street dudes) asking me "Whois Drake?" cause I generally be up on the new music.

Last, this dude obviously had his chips stacked, connects in place, and so forth... that definiltiy help if you come with your own to the table when trying toget out there... cause how else do you have major signed artist on your mixtapes... so that def. helps!

Of course this is my humble, uncreditable opinion and everyone has one, right? Am I a fan? Nah, not just yet. Will I continue to listen and give it a chance?Sure. Will I tell others, check it out? Sure. Will I DL, another mixtape? Not today, not soon. Can he continue to be successful? Sure, with the continuecorrect moves, he can be a LL type of dude (no blashphemy) but what I mean do it for the ladies, have them throwing the panties up on stage type of steez

Dunno what else to add, felt like I had more to say... but that's it. Wish him much success, said it before... I'm not into hating on artist orwishing on their downfall, at the end of the day their life or outcome doesn't affect mines in anyways... I just want good music.

Back
Top Bottom