Draws on Snkrs

I'm okay with them making every hype release draws since it's been impossible to hit manually but making GR shoes a draw is dumb bc a lot of the GR drops with a draw will lead to a lot of Ls on what's normally a semi easy drop and it'll lead to resellers charging $30+ over retail for some basic shoe

Really just don't understand how the app works. With the draws, I thought it measures engagement but I haven't hit anything and I watch all their lives and content. Well maybe it's random? Yet I see a good amount of the same people hitting every time.

I left sneakers years back and just came back for a few pairs. I think it's time to leave again.
I stopped watching those corny videos and lives. If I gotta sit through that bs to hit I don’t want them shoes. I haven’t hit on ish tho since I stopped watching :emoji_thinking:

I’ve been through it all with sneakers all the different phases since i’ve become a serious collector staring in 2001

the past 2 years I don’t even go on Finishline footlocker footaction champs or any of the major national or state wide store chains because it’s impossible to buy a shoe on these sites

It was only the snkrs app and for the most part as long as it’s not a draw or a hyped shoe or jordan 1 i have been able to cop GR’S off snkrs

I’ve even been able to pick up shoes that dropped with no announcement but that hasn’t happened in the past two years

what Nike is doing now will **** it up for people really want the shoes to wear to keep or collect or even to flip

if you were Avoiding buying in the aftermarket from resellers on Facebook or Instagram or the 100s of consignment stores or places that buy shoes that are littered across the country which I know some of us do but most of us dont
or going shopping at a mom and pop store that chargers more that’s going to change for a lot of us
if you don’t get lucky and don’t want to pay a markup and you have no connects your going to be buying less shoes for the remainder of this year or if you don’t want to support the reselling aftermarket

Expect with the draw Nonsense shoes will become a lot more harder to buy that includes the most basic GR releases

Bottom line is if Nike really gave a damn about its customers Nike wouldn’t be doing this draw stupidness

Last edited:
I would easily spend $1000 this year with Nike instead it looks like $0. If I want shoes a reseller will get that money, how’s that good business by Nike? And don’t tell me they like the hype, the hypes going to run me off for good. I’m about to the point of despising anything with a swoosh.

The problem is Nike doesn’t care who buys the shoes just as long as their getting the money same thing with mom and pop stores or chain stores
if you don’t have somebody on the inside you’re not gonna get crap

The problem is Nike doesn’t care who buys the shoes just as long as their getting the money same thing with mom and pop stores or chain stores
if you don’t have somebody on the inside you’re not gonna get crap
I guess my point is its on Nike for making everything limited. If they’re about making money than make 500,000 + of these good releases then we’re happy, a lot more money actually going to them and resellers can eat a big D.

I use to send checks to Eastbay I sure as hell wouldn’t know how to operate a bot. Lol

you was sending checks ?

what year was this ?

I didn't use paypal for a long time until 4 years ago but paper checks

did they hold the shoes until the check was cashed ?

Won 2 draws in the last 6 years, guess I can’t complain? Not really hyped shoes tho, so I dunno.

thats another problem with nike they will feed us like dogs and throw us a bone to think where happy and like dumb dogs do we come back for another bone

I’m to the point where I don’t even try on footsites since they’re so botted.

The current state of things is not sustainable. People are tired of waking up at 8 am every Saturday and not being able to buy a shoe, with the only option to pay hundreds more on the secondary market if they want that shoe. They’ll move on to other things eventually.

Nike absolutely has to start producing more shoes each drop. I understand they want to still have that feeling of exclusivity and hype, but it seems like 80%+ of the stock goes to bots at this rate.

you was sending checks ?

what year was this ?

I didn't use paypal for a long time until 4 years ago but paper checks

did they hold the shoes until the check was cashed ?

thats another problem with nike they will feed us like dogs and throw us a bone to think where happy and like dumb dogs do we come back for another bone
Specifically remember for the 2’s in 1987 because it was a ordeal. They sent white/reds instead of white/black, took what seemed like forever to get what we ordered, I was 16.

Never used a bot. With the way things are now, I wouldn't blame anyone for saying to hell with it and using one. You still might lose to someone else's bot though even if you did lol.

It ain't that serious to me personally.

Once I did my research on bots and realized that it was just a better chance at spending my money on a shoe, but still didn't guarantee that I got the shoe, it was a no brainer not to put my money into the program. Then it was the page monitors, add to cart services, bots and then buy a bot for different shoes, it was just too much. Team manual and if I lose, on to the next. Not even paying resell. Eventually, the market will die down again. It just picked back up less than a year ago after "The Last Dance" aired on ESPN. Before then, Kanye was right.......the Yeezy did jump over the jumpman.

I used to use a bot on occasion 5 + years ago and as things ramped up then I pulled the plug. Took the fun out of it and at that time a large majority of J’s were easier to cop than now by a long ways. And I didn’t want to get vpn, server, etc. for the 4 or so pairs a year I want.

Nowmitnis team manual and if I don’t get them then so be it. I have plenty of kicks as it is but there is always a couple pairs a year I really want. But if I don’t get themI I don’t care. I have started moving toward NB, etc. in lieu of Jordan because I can generally pick them up fairly easily. I hate waking up early out west here and striking out over and over. And I am so over the hype of some of these pairs.

I honestly like the adidas confirmed app better than the snkrs app. Adidas draws are simpler and they don’t make me feel like I’m tap dancing for shoes. I get that there are way more users on the snkrs app now compared to a few years ago but it literally has become a lottery and sucked the fun out of this hobby. I too just move on if I don’t hit at retail but it’s a shame that most of us are only getting 2-3 of the shoes we want per year directly from Nike. They gotta do better. I’m assuming they are moving to a draw so that people go for their actual size and dont get the opportunity to put in for any other size once their size goes outta stock. Unfortunately we know people have multiple accounts so it doesn’t really even the playing field for their desired result. Who knows though.

As many users have mentioned, I speculate turning to the Draw is a way for Nike to create the illusion that they're trying to combat bots.... I emphasize illusion because it doesn't take a genius to know that the Draw /raffles are more prone to botting and multiple entries from the same user. Go to any one of the threads here on release day and you one or two users talking about how they got Ls on multiple SNKRS accounts, or how the wife's account came through... :smh:

We're just in one of those unfortunate years. Like 2013, where Nike has no competition and they have no care to fix their current system. It's worse given that there is a huge reliance on e-shopping, and unemployment has everyone treating resell like it's an investment, stock/crypto.

As someone said earlier, the best thing to happen to Jordan heads was Nike saying no to Kanye. From 2016-2019, the SNKRS app was so reliable. Yeezy was so popular that Nike was throwing everything at us and people were catching Ws.

Somebody should ask a higher up at Nike how they feel about the millions/billions of dollars they miss out on due to the resale market.

Not saying every release needs to have Holiday 11 numbers, but they can do better than what they're currently doing.

Somebody should ask a higher up at Nike how they feel about the millions/billions of dollars they miss out on due to the resale market.

Not saying every release needs to have Holiday 11 numbers, but they can do better than what they're currently doing.

Trust me. They aren't hurting. Simple supply and demand. They keep supply low and demand keeps going up. The storm that is brewing now is simply because of supply and demand. If EVERYONE had the gr releases and limited releases, the demand would start to decrease. This model is actually benefiting Nike/JB at the moment. And the only reason why the Holiday XI's numbers are so high is because Nike/JB kept getting bad press about the riots, mobs and fights for the concords back in December 2011. Perfect storm and it was like 2 days before Christmas.

According to Google...

Screenshot_20210419-182522_Google.jpg

Anyone have an idea or know why they are starting to do more and more draws on Snkrs

I've been on Snkrs since Day 1 and have entered ever draw and have never won...Ever Haha

Just wanted to get people's opinion...I feel like this makes it even more difficult to get your pair now

I hit on my first draw ever this weekend for GS hyper royals. I honestly assume Ls on draws every time now.

What this dude said about sites like Shoe Palace doesn't seem to matter. Tried copping from them online one time. Literally didn't have time to blink before the "sold out" message popped up.

The whole sneaker game is trash now. You either lose to bots or lose to people paying sites like Sole Savy to help them out. You paying extra one way or another.

I watched this video also and was really confused when he said shopify sites had bot protection (as if it actually works). For the service he is promoting, that isn't the most confidence inspiring statement to make.

I honestly like the adidas confirmed app better than the snkrs app. Adidas draws are simpler and they don’t make me feel like I’m tap dancing for shoes. I get that there are way more users on the snkrs app now compared to a few years ago but it literally has become a lottery and sucked the fun out of this hobby. I too just move on if I don’t hit at retail but it’s a shame that most of us are only getting 2-3 of the shoes we want per year directly from Nike. They gotta do better. I’m assuming they are moving to a draw so that people go for their actual size and dont get the opportunity to put in for any other size once their size goes outta stock. Unfortunately we know people have multiple accounts so it doesn’t really even the playing field for their desired result. Who knows though.

Never considered that as a reason to do a draw but that actually makes sense if you ignore the reality of how all this online stuff is getting rigged. You are right, this really is just for appearance purposes.

Back
Top Bottom