Dressing Better Vol 2.0

got caught really enjoying a smoke by tommy ton in paris leaving junya show a couple weeks ago

srs.

were you trying to get photographed?

I know I would be :lol:

blue and olive goes so well together. :smokin

Thoughts on trousers for casual wear? Casual as in with tee and sneakers. Jeans feel uncomfortable to me now and chinos are meh. I like the softer feeling of trousers. If I do this I'm going mtm so I will probably have it more tapered than trousers that I wear with suits and have the rise a bit smaller.

Yay or nay?
Do it, man. I do with sleeker sneakers. I feel you on the trousers thing. I prefer a higher rise myself.

Thoughts on trousers for casual wear? Casual as in with tee and sneakers. Jeans feel uncomfortable to me now and chinos are meh. I like the softer feeling of trousers. If I do this I'm going mtm so I will probably have it more tapered than trousers that I wear with suits and have the rise a bit smaller.

Yay or nay?

Not traditional and more "fashunz" (I guess?) but I wouldn't mind these being my fall/winter uniform.

Took advatnage of the $70 off Indochino had after their price increase. and bought a 3 piece Navy wool, should get it a week before my birthday, looking forward to it!

#piece suit isn't really that formal. It is all about *gasp* (excuse the played out word) swag of the wearer. Wear with confidence and worst comes to worse, remove the tie and it's instantly casual.

#piece suit isn't really that formal. It is all about *gasp* (excuse the played out word) swag of the wearer. Wear with confidence and worst comes to worse, remove the tie and it's instantly casual.
|I truth

Last edited:
I've been at this job for 3 days and they want me to go out to Denver to meet with the CIO and VP with other interns :pimp:

What's proper business travel attire?

Last edited:
I've been at this job for 3 days and they want me to go out to Denver to meet with the CIO and VP with other interns :pimp:

What's proper business travel attire?
The attire is dependent on the culture of your firm, man.

Congrats though! Take the time to see new cities :pimp:

Sale at Epaulet: http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/sale

Bought these two shirts:

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/sale/products/buttondown-floral-stripe-jacquard

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/sale/products/buttondown-collar-doublefaced-striped-paisley

dam $25 is cheap as hell lol
Yeah. It's one of those shirts you love or hate. I think a lot of people think they can't add to their wardrobe so they sat for a good while. I jumped on the shirts....they would look nice with some Tricker's bluchers or boots :smile:

Yay or nay?

I wear slim black trousers casually way more than I'd like to admit.

I really like Levis 511 trouser hybrids. Perfect for the summer, and perfect for me because I HATE chinos without full back pockets. Makes me feel like I'm wearing women's pants with no pockets since I only tuck in my shirt with dress trousers :lol: go on amazon, they have one in pretty much every color.

Last edited:
Who wants to pool their money so we can buy this?
Have it NTDB-owned.

Dress shoe company Allen Edmonds exploring sale of firm -sources

(Reuters) - Men's dress shoe company Allen Edmonds is exploring a sale of the company, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

The Port Washington, Wisconsin-based company, controlled by private equity firm Goldner Hawn Johnson Morrison, has hired Robert W. Baird & Co to run the process.

A deal could value the company at $150 million to $200 million, the sources said.

Founded in 1922, Allen Edmonds sells its shoes through department stores like Nordstrom Inc and Macy's Inc , as well as 38 company-owned retail stores. One of the few remaining American shoe companies, Allen Edmonds' shoes are handcrafted using a 212-step production process.

Minneapolis-based Goldner Hawn Johnson Morrison acquired the company in 2006.

Goldner Hawn Johnson Morrison could not be reached for comment. Baird declined to comment.

Allen Edmonds is among several footwear companies that have gone on the block over the past year.

In November 2012, Nike Inc sold its Cole Haan brand to Apax Partners for $570 million.

In May 2012, footwear retailer Collective Brands Inc was purchased by a consortium including Wolverine Worldwide Inc , Blum Capital Partners and Golden Gate Capital for about $1.3 billion.

Who's in?

Last edited:
Who wants to pool their money so we can buy this?
Have it NTDB-owned.
Who's in?

AE valued at 150 to 200 million but Cole Haan sold for 570.......:x

Also seen the Versace mansion is up for auction.....While we are scooping up assets.....

Last edited:
Well Cole Haan is more known and their products varies more than AE. Price point is also lower and are more widely available. Having Nike tech and the use of it for a few years after being sold probably helped a lot too.

I wonder why their selling AE. Its the firms biggest portfolio company and seem s to be doing okay...With the right marketing every white collared worker with a salary under 100k could be wearing a pair...

All American brands today, and feeling slightly "waiterish", what other colored shirt would be good with these pants? They say charcoal but look closer to black
Brooks Brothers
RLBL
AE Park Aves

Back
Top Bottom