Dressing Better Vol 2.0

JCrew Factory upped the price on some of their shirts (They have an "up to 50%" sale), shirts were $26.50, was going to check out and they are now $39.50, still debating on using this 25% off Gilt City code.

I dig Dockers Alpha, hopefully they didn't **** with the fits. Waiting for their next promo to scoop a couple of pairs.

They actually added different fits into the alpha line; kept the original slim, and added the skinny and standard fits...

I'm a fan of the alpha but always felt like they were way to wide at the bottom (cut almost like a levis 514 slim straight); The new Skinny fit, will be more tapered with a narrower opening at the hem and i suppose it will be closer to a Levis 511 if you will....

I need that new pair of tiger camos that i've only seen at UO... I wonder if its available in the skinny fit...

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=29072261a&parentid

Thrifted this today for $15

how do you guys feel about j crew?

ive been off my fashion tip for a minute i really need to do a lot of shopping for the Fall. like i got rid of SOOOOO many clothes, im basically startin from the bottom

im off nikes and jordans right now too. im just trying all new look

ive been off my fashion tip for a minute i really need to do a lot of shopping for the Fall. like i got rid of SOOOOO many clothes, im basically startin from the bottom

:lol:

Safe to say a lot of folks are high on JCrew. I wouldn't call it "entry level" since the prices can scare/deter anybody trying to turn the corner fashion wise.

However, their styles offer a very smooth transition and their fit is very friendly/flattering if you have a nice physique.

Make sure to take advantage of coupon/promo codes, sign up for emails from both JCrew and JCrew Factory, and take advantage of that student discount.

No need to dump sneakers, find ways to incorporate them into your wardrobe. Unfortunately, some shoes will never quite "fit" into your wardrobe anymore. Still buy Jordans, AM's, Flyknits, etc. However bulky Jordan's and other basketball sneakers, as much as I like them get very little burn simply because they don't fit the aesthetics of what I'm wearing.

Pretty high on JCrew, for ideas on other brands and deals Dappered.com seems to be a favorite blog/site of some folks in this thread.

Good luck with your transition.

I'm a fan of the alpha but always felt like they were way to wide at the bottom (cut almost like a levis 514 slim straight); The new Skinny fit, will be more tapered with a narrower opening at the hem and i suppose it will be closer to a Levis 511 if you will....

Personally the 8' opening on standard Alpha's is perfect.

Last edited:

Best advice is find a look/style you are going for then go from there. It'll save you a lot of money if you are set and 100% sure on the style you want to pursue.

Safe to say a lot of folks are high on JCrew. I wouldn't call it "entry level" since the prices can scare/deter anybody trying to turn the corner fashion wise.

However, their styles offer a very smooth transition and their fit is very friendly/flattering if you have a nice physique.

Make sure to take advantage of coupon/promo codes, sign up for emails from both JCrew and JCrew Factory, and take advantage of that student discount.

No need to dump sneakers, find ways to incorporate them into your wardrobe. Unfortunately, some shoes will never quite "fit" into your wardrobe anymore. Still buy Jordans, AM's, Flyknits, etc. However bulky Jordan's and other basketball sneakers, as much as I like them get very little burn simply because they don't fit the aesthetics of what I'm wearing.

Pretty high on JCrew, for ideas on other brands and deals Dappered.com seems to be a favorite blog/site of some folks in this thread.

nah im goin with asics and new balances right now ( any codes for the j crew new balance kicks????)

yea i have a good physique but im above avg muscular, so maybe itll be a problem with j crew thats the crappy thing about bein jacked

sometimes i wish i was Ksteezy size, but then i come back to reality.

Last edited:
yea i have a good physique but im above avg muscular, so maybe itll be a problem with j crew thats the crappy thing about bein jacked

Regular JCrew fits big so that should be good for you. If there is a store near you, you can try the regular and slim fits to see the difference but for you, the tailor might have to become your best friend if you want a fit that is spot on.

nah im goin with asics and new balances right now ( any codes for the j crew new balance kicks????)

If you are below 225, you can easily slide into a L-XL. In your case, just like mine, you will have to find a tailor to slim down your shirts. Anywhere from $5-10 depending on your tailor.

I have this problem ALL the time.

I have a large upper body with broad shoulders. It's very tough for me to find clothes that fit well, let alone suits all together. I have a size 43 for my shoulders, 42 chest and I have a 32 waist. All my suits are either MTM or Custom Bespoke from Paul Stewart, Zegna, YSL or Valentino.

I get my MTM stuff from Brooks Brothers and they do a good job with it.

Ive been leaning towards buying the boots, Chukka's still going strong though.

Solid purchase Luck, those are a staple.

If you are below 225, you can easily slide into a L-XL. In your case, just like mine, you will have to find a tailor to slim down your shirts. Anywhere from $5-10 depending on your tailor.

Depends.......on brand and even then still.
One time I ordered something my damn arms couldn't fit.
What brands you wear?

No shots at steezy just used him as an example since he is a male fashion model.

Glad I sized up on that Levis denim jacket. Thanks Rob for posting the link and to the guy that answered my sizing question (don't remember who it was, sorry)

I would say go to the store and try on fits initially, then go ham ordering online, that way you have an idea of what fits you and what fits a bit wonky.

Go to brands for me:
JCrew
Brooks Brothers (Extra Slim Fit)
Banana Republic
Charles Tyrwhitt (Slim Fit)
Nordstrom Trim Fit

Every other spot is sporadic depending on the deal I get, those five are my "go to's" for lack of better terms. BR quality is hit or miss, but constant coupon codes and deals keep me going back and I usually stock up on basics there. Currently their tailored slim fit, non-iron slim fit and slim fit stretch shirts have treated me well. Solid fits, although I still have to get XL (17 1/2), otherwise the neck will not close if I size down. I have to get my shirts slimmed down a bit. With deals and promo codes, shirts usually fall in the $25-35 range, bang for your buck.

Neck is the biggest issue for me. If I wear my true size (L), the top button will not close, so I have to size up. Arms are 34/35, so no issues with that usually.

Post your figures, brehs. Ironman and Audi.

I'm the resident brolic lord in here.

You come at the King, you best not miss.

Back
Top Bottom