Dressing Better Vol 2.0

i know fashion always goes in circles, but i'm almost 100% certain i can never go back to wearing anything thats loose/baggy anymore. looks atrocious to me these days.

80s & 90s were horrible in term of menswear but some street wear stuff from the 90s were :pimp:. Or maybe I'm just being nostalgic

80s & 90s were horrible in term of menswear but some street wear stuff from the 90s were :pimp:. Or maybe I'm just being nostalgic

I agree Wes, some of those late 80s-90s pics looked like guys had shoulder pads on :lol: and a couple of the newer ones are too tight to be practical but it's cool seeing how it evolves and cycles..

That 2000 suit is downright disrespectful. straight jaheim steez if you add a turtle neck and size 4x newsboy cap, or sisqo steez as is. turrible

No shots, but I originally thought someone threw paint on that sweater :lol:

honestly, that's why i'm passing on this sweater. thanks to his pics, they confirmed what i initially thought how the graphic isn't crisp and the colors are muddled together. coming from a guy with a room full of RL graphic sweaters, the graphic design isn't so clear cut. if i already didn't know how it's supposed to look, the only thing that you can make out at first glance is the dog in the bottom right. if you study it long enough, then you can actually see the two geese, the lake, mountain (i assume), trees, shrubbery, etc.

The pics were taken up close, from a couple feet away it isn't hard to make it out at all, you have to see it in person man, one hell of a sweater

Thanks fellas.. retail is $500, only paid half of that though

Any if anyone shops on RL.com often or needs to make large purchases, feel free to contact me, I can save you some cash 8)

Major Props to ReturnBama.

My soon to be brother in law has been looking for some AE Dundee's in the Shell Cordovan Wine and i wanted to get it for him as a gift/surprise. Reached out to Bama and got a hell of a deal on them shipped to my door.

Hopefully he'll be surprised but the wait continues as it takes about 6-8 weeks for them to be made.

Appreciate the help NT DB and Bama.
No problem man, hope he enjoys, that is one helluva gift
those are nice. did you MAC it before the first wear?
Little bit, I pretty much brush after every wearing and I have used saphir once

need an idea for a casual fit. no jeans or sneakers. i need to get inspired.

Cop that Jordan varsity jacket x shawl collar cardigan x suit jacket combo. Very versatile piece.

Seriously: Simple yet well fitting is the way to go. A slim fit button up, Levis 511 trousers, and Clarks DB is my go to outfit for times I don't feel like wearing jeans and sneakers

I agree Wes, some of those late 80s-90s pics looked like guys had shoulder pads on :lol: and a couple of the newer ones are too tight to be practical but it's cool seeing how it evolves and cycles..

It's funny how they got back to normal sizing in 1997 but then went back to the choppa suits the year after :lol: And are these American-specific ads/runway shows/etc/? None of my relatives in Europe ever wore any loose clothes like that, besides the ones that were into American hip hop :lol:

And I will never be a fan of these extra short "modern" jackets that fit like shirts

Last edited:

Like what the hell is this. Even when baggy clothes were in style, I don't remember anyone wearing a suit jacket so hideous besides NBA players

i know fashion always goes in circles, but i'm almost 100% certain i can never go back to wearing anything thats loose/baggy anymore. looks atrocious to me these days.

Good luck with that. Loose denim and chinos are coming back. I personally love the loose dress slack look with a well tailored shirt :smokin

lol massive shoulders and the jacket looks short.

I think the late 50's style was one of the best periods

Good luck with that. Loose denim and chinos are coming back. I personally love the loose dress slack look with a well tailored shirt :smokin

you can do loose but still have a nice clean look. Now I'm more into straight fit denim and trousers

I like the slim fit, not skinny, but just the slimmer fit.

Especially since I can finally fit into stuff now, feelsgoodman.

I can't stand wearing baggy or big.

Like my suit pants I wore for the wedding were a half a inch too long, i'm a 29 lenght, and bought a 30, and i didn't tailor the pants.I was pissed for a good hour before I got drunk because the suit pants were just a tad long
laugh.gif

Banana Republic is offering two stackable coupon codes that make it 55% off.

Expires 10/24/13

1. Go to Banana Republic, scroll down and sign up for their email list. They will send you a 25% off coupon almost instantly

2. Go to Banana Republic and shop on their site

3. Use their 40% off coupon code BRFALL

4. Use the 25% off coupon code you received in your email

Back
Top Bottom