Dressing Better Vol 2.0

picked up some Levi 508s

PERFECT FIT

thanks for the help guys

an yes zara is made for really small guys

no wonder when i went in there last time nobody gave me any help, they knew id be walking out, i was in there at laest 20-30 mins browsing the whole store

Last edited:
Levi's needs to make selvedge 508 and 513's. I'd probably never buy other jeans again. They're the best cut of jeans i've had.

Levi's needs to make selvedge 508 and 513's. I'd probably never buy other jeans again. They're the best cut of jeans i've had.

The Gap Japanese skinnys everyones been getting for $15 fit almost identical to 508s I think. Maybe a tad bit slimmer from the knee down.

Info on the gap joints

Gap discontinued the skinny fit and they were marked down to $25. Winter clearance sale that is happening now is like 50% off everything. I grabbed another pair for $12.50 last night. Stock varies by store so you may want to call around your area. What size are you?

The Gap Japanese skinnys everyones been getting for $15 fit almost identical to 508s I think. Maybe a tad bit slimmer from the knee down.

Didn't know that. I tried on the gap slim selvedges from last year (ones made in bangladesh I think) and they looked like jeggings on me.

Im about to head there now, i have a few pair already. They're a perfect fit for me with long legs.

Any of y'all ever buy hangers from the Hanger Project? Are they any different than other wooden hangers you can buy from Target? You can get a pack of 20 wooden hangers from Target for around the same price as a pack of 5 from The Hanger Project

He really did though. I need some new hangers and was just wondering if they really make that much of a difference. The ones I've been buying from Target have been just fine so far

Didn't know that. I tried on the gap slim selvedges from last year (ones made in bangladesh I think) and they looked like jeggings on me.

I got a pair of those too. Just compared the two and the slims which are a 36" waist is about a half inch wider below the knee compared to the skinnys in a 34". Not sure of your build but I'm 5'9" 185lbs so not really skinny and they are a comfortable fit. Nothing too restricting anywhere.

local gap didn't have any for me sadly but got a cotton cashmere blend sweater for 12 bucks, my girl went ham and got a blazer and some corduroys, she almost bought a pair of camo pants too but we ran out of time for her to try on another size :frown: 

Recently relocated so now my commute is by foot and metro rail, just in time for "polar vortex"....

Can any recommend a very warm parka / ski jacket but also a slimmer fit (don't mind if the jacket itself is big, but don't want to be swimming in it). Tried wool rich but returned due to fit and not warm enough, been considering Canada goose because the styles are nice but not sure if the price tags are reflection of the quality or just status. Thanks in advance

^
It's been mentioned a few times in this thread, but Uniqlo jackets are a really good value for how warm they are. A bunch of different style down jackets are now on sale too.

getyashinebox getyashinebox Canada goose is legit quality wise. Warmest jacket I own. Not sure if I'd drop 600-700 on one though. I got mine a few years ago on sale before they got real popular.

wait so this gap thing is in store only? meh I don't need any clothes lol

side note copped some armani drawls from Gilt 6 pairs for 49 bucks shipped.

Agreed fit is perfect...speaking of selvedge I ordered some Gustins around Christmas and got them a couple weeks ago :lol: ordered the slims and no beuno, customer service is :pimp: though I returned and their email correspondence people just credited me the entire amount and said I can fund another pair, gotta wait til march though for them to arrive :-/

Agreed fit is perfect...speaking of selvedge I ordered some Gustins around Christmas and got them a couple weeks ago
laugh.gif
ordered the slims and no beuno, customer service is
pimp.gif
though I returned and their email correspondence people just credited me the entire amount and said I can fund another pair, gotta wait til march though for them to arrive :-/
Same thing here with Gustin.  I need to pay attention so I'll know when something I want is up and I can make use of the credit.  Only thing I don't like is how many pairs only show a small swatch and you don't get the full image of the jeans.  You'd think by now they've produced enough items that it all could have been photographed.  Seems like everything gets backed really quickly now though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom