Dressing Better Vol 2.0

@Pinoy732
 The Uniqlo Blazer would definitely work. Maybe paired with some white trousers, blue loafers, white shirt and colorful pocket square? Too much or could that work?

Don't see the problem with that. Maybe brown loafers for versatility?

Second night out, grey trousers and gingham shirt.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some decent elongated tee's? Want to cop one and try out the look... Thanks fellas.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some decent elongated tee's? Want to cop one and try out the look... Thanks fellas.
BLK DNM and A. Wang make them.

I think Zanerobe has a cheaper alternative too.

Free shipping cuh. Order the fits you like, see what works best.[/

I noticed they have certain suits in store that they don't offer on the site. I actually prefer to have them tailor it all on store. Haven't found a reliable tailor out here in the Bay Area. I was actually in the soho one a couple of weeks back but I didn't have time to get it tailored. Anyone in the bay recommend some?

^I called the store I bought from they said the sale is online only to get rid of extra inventory at the warehouse so my only option for the price match would be what you suggested. Order it online, return in store. Don't have the receipt though and it's just not worth the hassle to get like $20. Oh well. Anyone else looking to cop should take advantage of that 30% though. Looks like some other decent items included as well.

I like this shirt because it is flat/straight on the bottom and has some small slits on the side. Plus the popover buttons obviously. It's a nice change of pace from the traditional button up.
Just FYI, you don't need a paper receipt to return an item to a J.Crew brick & mortar store. All you need is the card you purchased with and they can retrieve a virtual copy of your receipt. I've done this several times at different J.Crew's in different states.

Peeps in need of a few things:

1. Navy or Grey Blazer to wear with jeans; don't want to spend more than $150. I'm a size 44 or 46 just depends
2. Gap denim to wear with my Dalton's. Adrian what style do you wear?

Peeps in need of a few things:

1. Navy or Grey Blazer to wear with jeans; don't want to spend more than $150. I'm a size 44 or 46 just depends
2. Gap denim to wear with my Dalton's. Adrian what style do you wear?

:nerd:

quick question about funerals.

obv. its all black suit but is wearing a white pocket square acceptable or should I not bother to put in a pocket square?

Thanks Adrian. I'll pick up the jeans this week. Unfortunately the blazer is sold out.

Would say go in stores....but saw you in SoCal.

Do y'all eem brick and mortar :lol:

PM if you want a proxy broham. Ain't no thang.

Thanks Adrian. I'll pick up the jeans this week. Unfortunately the blazer is sold out.

GAP Japanese Selvedge is pretty decent, but if you can get your hands on the GQ x Baldwin collab definitely pull the trigger. I have pairs of both and the quality of the Baldwins is far superior.

GAP Japanese Selvedge is pretty decent, but if you can get your hands on the GQ x Baldwin collab definitely pull the trigger. I have pairs of both and the quality of the Baldwins is far superior.
Maybe I'm too much of a novice but I would definitely not say far superior. Off the rack fit was nicer though.

^ fit was definitely better/slimmer, but i'm also referring to the actual denim quality.

I didn't think about the possibility that the GQs were more expensive though. If they are the same price, then I'd say the denim quality is a significant step up and well worth it. If there is a price disparity though, then you are probably getting what you pay for.

I got both pairs when GAP was having its crazy sale for 19.99-29.99 on jeans a few months back. Considering I paid pretty much the same for them, I do think the Baldwins are far more of a steal if at GAP pricing. The regular GAP jeans are pretty much fairly priced.

Let me specify...didn't you have to have a suit from Indochino (or somewhere else) remade due to poor fitting?  Just wondering if that's a good option with a 1 month timeframe.

Had the first one remade but I was pretty happy with the result.

Sidenote: Had one of my co-workers; older guy too (48/49), come put to me and tell me that he updated his shoe wardrobe, "I threw out all my square toe shoes out and bought 3 pairs this weekend of double monkstraps, I liked yours." He's like it's about time that you aren't the only one who puts effort into how you dress to work. It was cool to say the least.

Last edited:
I was right. Here's Zanerobes IG. You need to be at least near normal height and weight though or else it can really mess up the proportion.

Back
Top Bottom