Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Can anybody recommend a nice duffle bag, looking to stay below $100.

Currently looking at the Herschel Novel, but reviews are kind of hit or miss. Thanks DBNT bros.

So I went to have my jacket altered. I was under the impression the sleeves were too long, while the tailor disagreed. They touch the top of my thumb bone, similar to this:

Being a pushover, I just took her word for it. But now I'm having second thoughts and think I should call back to have them take some off so it fits more like this:

Is that something I could do over the phone? Tell them to take maybe a half inch off the sleeves?

So I went to have my jacket altered. I was under the impression the sleeves were too long, while the tailor disagreed. They touch the top of my thumb bone, similar to this:

Being a pushover, I just took her word for it. But now I'm having second thoughts and think I should call back to have them take some off so it fits more like this:

Is that something I could do over the phone? Tell them to take maybe a half inch off the sleeves?

It's about personal preference in regards to how much sleeve you want showing. Some prefer to have it like it is in look 1 and other look 2. I prefer 2. You should be able to tell her that you want it a 1/4 inch shorter or so.

Also, I joined Adrian and G with the illustration :pimp:

Love it bro! He did a nice job with yours.

Reactions: wj4
Wear what you want, but corduroy pants in weather that's over 75 and you better have on some dri fit shorts underneath. .

Last edited:
Any upcoming collabs?
We will post up when there's any. No one answered the last 2 times because we don't know or there's nothing in the pipeline for men.

Wear what you want, but corduroy pants in weather that's over 75 and you better have on some dri fit shorts underneath. .
Yes. Traditionally corduroy has been a country fabric for colder weather. With finer wales, it can almost resemble velvet but would still be on the heavier side and not too breathable.

It's also important to wear a proper dress shirt with the correct length to the fitting if you're new to this. Case in point: look at the two pics you posted. The dress shirt on the first picture is longer than the second picture. Personally I get the sleeves cut off after my wrist bone on suit jacket and sport coats so a bit of dress shirt is shown. However, I do have a couple jackets as well that cover my whole shirt sleeves.

Like Serg said, it's preference. I'm not too picky these days. My cropped Thom jacket probably shows 2". My normal jackets show half an inch or so.

Your tailor is probably more on the traditional side. I would bring pictures to reiterate your preference. I had to do that with the in house Hugo Boss tailor from 5 years ago that tailored my suit to fit a bit chopper-esque.

Last edited:
We will post up when there's any. No one answered the last 2 times because we don't know or there's nothing in the pipeline for men.
Yes. Traditionally corduroy has been a country fabric for colder weather. With finer wales, it can almost resemble velvet but would still be on the heavier side and not too breathable.
It's also important to wear a proper dress shirt with the correct length to the fitting if you're new to this. Case in point: look at the two pics you posted. The dress shirt on the first picture is longer than the second picture. Personally I get the sleeves cut off after my wrist bone on suit jacket and sport coats so a bit of dress shirt is shown. However, I do have a couple jackets as well that cover my whole shirt sleeves.

Like Serg said, it's preference. I'm not too picky these days. My cropped Thom jacket probably shows 2". My normal jackets show half an inch or so.

Your tailor is probably more on the traditional side. I would bring pictures to reiterate your preference. I had to do that with the in house Hugo Boss tailor from 5 years ago that tailored my suit to fit a bit chopper-esque.

Oh alright, thanks.

I actually had a few on VHS and me and my friends would watch them after school, lower the hoop in my driveway to like 7.5 or 8 ft, use a small basketball and just go HAM. If you dribbled between someones legs it was far more important than hitting like five three pointers in a row :rofl:. I still got this joint somewhere at my parents house

Volumes 1 and 2 were pretty much all grainy amateur vids of Skip To My Lou (Rafer Alston). Volumes 3 and 4 :pimp: They really fell off after volume 4 though.

Good times.
Sometimes I wonder how big they would be in today's age. Back then, we had no camera phone and Youtube.

And yeah, man. Sometimes you would cross over a cat, drive in, and pull out to do another serving knowing darn well you violated the shot clock :lol:

Can't remember a while ago...someone asked about what instagrams to follow for suit inspirations...

Lately I've been following a few folk as I'm looking to order some more suits...and I figured I'd share who I'm following recently...

Not sure if they've been posted... (bear in mind, I'm not looking for those exact suits, I'm just sharing what accounts I'm following)

Last edited:
Great choices, I follow the last 2 you posted but now followed the first thanks to your post! Davidson Frere always has impressive suiting.

Great choices, I follow the last 2 you posted but now followed the first thanks to your post! Davidson Frere always has impressive suiting.

Yeah Danielre is an older Italian gent I believe. He has some interesting pieces, with nice subtle usage of different textures and basic colors. :lol: he has a VERY strong love for the double breasted suit.

Davidson Frere's suits are a flawless fit. Everyone of them.

Yeah Frere's suits are always incredible, I really like the cut of his suits. It's modern, but not spray-on. I also like his creativity with patterns and color choices.

Last edited:
I understand he is quite slim and though there is no pulling, I believe his suits are tailored a tad too aggresive. His fits will bring cats just getting into #menswear to bring things in too much.

Just my two cents though.

I understand he is quite slim and though there is no pulling, I believe his suits are tailored a tad too aggresive. His fits will bring cats just getting into #menswear to bring things in too much.

Just my two cents though.

I always felt like his suits were great, particularly for him. Cause he has that model shape. I wouldn't look right in such an aggressive cut. Works very well for his frame though.

I def agree that his slim suits are not for everyone but I was stating that his suits fit perfect for his build. Perfect to me. 

I was the guy who asked for Suiting IGs. I always see that last guy in that section that recommends people to follow, I like his stuff. I definitely agree with Adrian though, because I know I would have been one of those people because I have no idea what I'm doing.

Back
Top Bottom