Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Dem reverse* stacks
pimp.gif

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but is anyone aware of a proxy shopping service available in NYC? There's an item at a store that I'd like to purchase but I'm in upstate and they don't accept phone orders. Thanks in advance.

Can someone point me to the right direction for this?

Thanks!
If that pea coat is not a knit, then it's OD tight. Don't imitate this GQ nonsense. It's too tight and too short unless you want to go for the cropped look a la Thom.

If that pea coat is not a knit, then it's OD tight. Don't imitate this GQ nonsense. It's too tight and too short unless you want to go for the cropped look a la Thom.
a lot of truth, i've been guilty in this.  however, i wear slim jeans and if the top is a little too loose do you think it throws off the aesthetic ?   just feel as if the top/jacket is too loose then it looks weird?  that may be my own personal bias, i don't know.  opinions ?

Wool winter coats are usually a little bulky. Makes them more comfortable if wearing a sweater under.

a lot of truth, i've been guilty in this.  however, i wear slim jeans and if the top is a little too loose do you think it throws off the aesthetic ?   just feel as if the top/jacket is too loose then it looks weird?  that may be my own personal bias, i don't know.  opinions ?

I agree on the aesthetics point to an extent. But I think pea coats are supposed to be outerwear not meant to be worn tight. And I think as long as you're not wearing jeggings the peacoat won't look bad being a little loose

shogun agreed, but when does it become too bulky ?  and what if you wear something like just a sport shirt underneath, then the jacket looks oversized ?

jon - i'm referring to outerwear in general.  especially winter parka's/coats etc.  you want that warmth, but then it's usually really bulky and seems to throw things off to me at least.

Last edited:
^
I know jcrew sells slim versions of their coats. Those are probably good if you just need to wear light stuff under. Been wanting a fleece material peacoat to wear in spring.

^
I know jcrew sells slim versions of their coats. Those are probably good if you just need to wear light stuff under. Been wanting a fleece material peacoat to wear in spring.

I actually liked one that they had this year... it was the army green colorway I think. Never tried but they look to be an appropriate length and not too slim

older pic but I always liked the OG's style. He always a few years ahead of the trends. So whatever he rocking now will probably be the the buzz in 2020

^
That jacket is huge though. Dude isn't living in the artic. Plus those highwater pants with those boots look weird.

That pic looks like it's from several years back when cropped pants had a run.

Wooster is a dude outsiders like but a lot of insiders don't. I think he's hopped off menswear now and on the streetwear wagon and has something in NY based on that.

That jacket is def too large, word to the 90s and early 2000s :lol:

copped me a new pair of all white tretorn nylites for the spring/summer.  couldn't pass up for $27.  hopefully i'll be able to upgrade and get some cp achillies down the road

Got my H&M "premium" suede Chelsea boots and JE the cast / coast denim in today. Pleasantly surprised with the quality of the boots. For $80 I can't complain. Fit of JE denim is great but I'm not used to wearing pants this tight. I hope they stretch a little. I sized down 3.

9Vtuoi8.jpg

SinApDD.jpg

tR9kO8k.jpg

J4AgEBV.jpg

APC Kanye to compare fit and wash. Both jeans size 27 and I'm a 30 waist.

GOOGFmT.jpg

O8iCoXk.jpg

It doesn't help that Wooster is like 5'7" or so. That jacket is 2-3 sizes too large no matter how you put it.

Regarding outerwear...it depends on the construction. Some pieces are made to wear in lieu of a jacket, while some are made to wear over. Either way, it allows for more error as you don't need them to wear as slim as say, a suit jacket. Here are pics of me in a peacoat and topcoat. Both of them are slim, but allow to wear a light sweater under, just like I would with a sport coat.

http://www.wisith.com/blog/topcoat-and-chelsea-boots

http://www.wisith.com/blog/structured-top-stacked-bottom

While this overcoat allows more ample layering. I can fit a chunky knit or suit jacket/sport coat with no issue at all.

Back
Top Bottom