Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Wow they have some steals at that winners place lol. Marshall's/TJ Maxx and nordstroms rack around me never have anything good in there.

Marshalls in the dmv has been pretty clutch.

One by the white house always has brooks brothers pants and coats. Found A 100 Versace Suit The Other day, 150 brioni...etc

On the real, the black socks, brown shoes kinda irks me more.

Shoes look awful to me, but hey if that's what you are into, do you. (knowing the price of berluti though :rolleyes )

Last edited:

Any ideas where I can resole these Sebago Kings Point II in NYC?

Would prefer a black sole.

Have an extra pair sz 10 if anybody is interested as well

Lol at AE being entry level. Maybe if you have a style blog. But I agree, for "most dudes" they're "top crop"
This. AE is really nice imo. I may try meermin in future. But I have no plans to ever drop 1000s on some dress shoes. Yall can have it with your higher tier brands.
Mid tier is 5 hunna
It's stupid to spend THAT much on shoes/ and or clothes. It's the same reason I stopped buying jordans. 

I dress well, while maintaining my bank account, saving for things that matter, e.g. a home, wedding. 

It's the same exact reason I only buy items like clarks or dress shoes when they're on sale, or buy alot of my clothes from HM, J crew, express,  and even target on sale. 

(Here comes the **** talking about buying quality) But I've never ever had a problem with the quality. I'm wearing the clothes for a few hours, then hang/ fold them back up. 

But again, to each his own. If you enjoy that, more power to you. I just couldn't justify that. 

Last edited:
Lol at AE being entry level. Maybe if you have a style blog. But I agree, for "most dudes" they're "top crop"
This. AE is really nice imo. I may try meermin in future. But I have no plans to ever drop 1000s on some dress shoes. Yall can have it with your higher tier brands.
Mid tier is 5 hunna

You don't have the answers A!

I'm just saying brands like Bostonian and Cole Haan seem more entry level.

Not even in the same league. Those are d league teams. Poor construction and crappy leather. Mind as well throw Steve Madden in there too if you wanna compare.

We are talking about Goodyear welted quality shows. Comparing Apple to apple.

Not even in the same league. Those are d league teams. Poor construction and crappy leather. Mind as well throw Steve Madden in there too if you wanna compare.

We are talking about Goodyear welted quality shows. Comparing Apple to apple.
I have some cole haans boots that have held up for a good 2 years now. 

I got them for 76 bucks.

Last edited:
"Saving for things that matter e.g. Wedding"
Kinda ruined your whole argument right there.

AE is not entry level to the avg man. For every dude with a fashion blog, there's thousands that don't have one.

AE is not entry level to the avg man. For every dude with a fashion blog, there's thousands that don't have one.
How? Spending an egregious amount of money on higher tier brands would be an asinine thing to do for me. 

I got my AE's for like 130-140. That's a good price for a quality pair of shoes. Not sure what you're getting at. 

Word. I expect my father in law to foot my wedding bill. That's how it usually goes right?

Word. I expect my father in law to foot my wedding bill. That's how it usually goes right?
In indian culture yes (wedding day only, reception guys side foots the bill). But I'm covering the 10k for cinema and photography. 

*shrugs*

Last edited:
Whoa there. It's stupid to spend that much? People dig what they dig b...chill with all that.

I'm not even touching the quality argument.

Whoa there. It's stupid to spend that much? People dig what they dig b...chill with all that.

I'm not even touching the quality argument.
Which is exactly why my last sentence was 
 But again, to each his own. If you enjoy that, more power to you
I suddenly remember why I stopped checking this thread...

Back
Top Bottom