Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I do not believe the skill of a doctor is equatable to that of an exterminator, so your blanket statement is pretty flawed from the beginning.

We're devolving as far as the formality of work place dress code. For most of the 20th century almost every profession required wearing a suit, but now business casual is the norm in most offices (position dependent, of course).
alright i don't think you guys are catching my drift. 

a doctor tells you all this medical crap that you wouldn't know yourself. an exterminator (let's say termites) will tell you stuff and quote you a price since you won't know what to. how many engineers to you see wearing suits to work? doctors/nurses at hospitals wear scrubs. exterminators wear whatever it is they need to get their jobs done. 

not trying to be a **** but the only person wearing zegna suits and ties are ari gold types on tv (not real life) and people who are trying too hard. like the other guy mentioned, at any firm, the junior/senior partners aren't worrying about the cut of their suit and how great it looks. 

Didn't know tailoring something to fit your body type was entry level/caring too much /trying too hard

I don't wear suits to work, but I get them (and everything I own) tailored to fit me better.

Just because 99% of people in this country don't know how to get fitting clothes doesn't mean I'm going to follow their example

Last edited:
Didn't know tailoring something to fit your body type was entry level/caring too much /trying too hard

I don't wear suits to work, but I get them (and everything I own) tailored to fit me better.

Just because 99% of people in this country don't know how to get fitting clothes doesn't mean I'm going to follow their example
nothing wrong with that, nor am i saying if you wear nice clothes ur entry level. i'm just saying mostly when ur working 75 hours for 2 weeks on and off ur going to be looking like a zombie in whatever suit ur in... and most attorneys that i know, who don't have to go to court but have to wear a suit as part of dress code, start off getting the full brooks bros line before wearing one jacket for the entire week 

Last edited:
Going to try out tie bar due to a lot of recommendations in here. A bit disappointed that I'd have to buy $50+ just to avoid the $5.99 shipping fee.

Any feedback on their quality?

Promo codes won't hurt as well :lol:

Ordered this jacket for the warmer months but J. Crew has pushed the ship date back like 3 times 
mad.gif

Going to try out tie bar due to a lot of recommendations in here. A bit disappointed that I'd have to buy $50+ just to avoid the $5.99 shipping fee.

Promo codes won't hurt as well
laugh.gif
Quality is good for the price imo

Promo codes won't hurt as well
laugh.gif
Quality is good, like Bama said.

If you're not 'bout that shipping fee life...wait it out until they offer free shipping no minimum. They've done this a few times over the year, they might offer f/s for Labor Day.

How do uniqlo short sleeve casual shirts fit? I usually wear medium 
Tight. Their slim fit is basically 1 size bigger than their classic fit. I wear their classic fit in xs but couldn't fit into their slim fit short sleeves xs

In my opinion you can still look solid in a Jos A Bank suit, if it's tailored properly. From what I've heard, Men's Wearhouse has more "up to date" designs, with the Euro type slim fit joints that are popular nowadays.

Either way, this thread will put you on to what your best options are in the $300 range.
What you get from MW in terms of quality depends on the brand. I had a Jones of NY suit, looked great but the crotch ripped within a week. Took it back, they repaired it, but that didn't last. I had it repaired myself, but then a few months later one of the sleeves started coming apart at the shoulder seam. I bought a blazer from them, can't recall the brand, it lasted until I thought it was no longer stylish, lol.

Tommy Hilfiger stuff is going on sale all the time, and their suits hit a midrange between price vs quality. Don't know if they dip below $300, though. The design team has changed and I'm not a fan but years ago they  had some nice looks.

Might find some ideas from this list

https://www.toovia.com/lists/the-best-summer-suits-for-under-500

Can anyone help me out with sizing info on throcraft shoes. Specifically the kennedy, does it run big?  They don't make half sizes either.

I wear an 8 in jordan 1's and most runners. 

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom