Dressing Better Vol 2.0

25th birthday is coming up and I'm looking for two items. First, a slim fit blazer in a burgundy color way. And also some suede loafers. Any places in particular where I would be able to find them?

25th birthday is coming up and I'm looking for two items. First, a slim fit blazer in a burgundy color way. And also some suede loafers. Any places in particular where I would be able to find them?
a custom burgundy jacket would run the approximately the same price as SS, the only issue is the production time. 

Kal with the RL oop

Any recommendations for an every day watch? under 1k preferably.
Any opinions on Brathwait watches?

^ It's a $35, Chinese-made quartz. 99% chance you won't be wearing it in 2 years. Save your money.
Yeah. It's all marketing. Ever since DW took off, people been on the same wave. I didn't realize they even have fake DW's now. MVMT is on the next wave too I see.

As a 'trep, I can't knock the hustle though.

For around $1k and under, I'd just cop a nice classy Seiko or something like that and call it a day.

My Tag that I bought from Costco for $500 about 8 years ago is my daily. I had the same thought of $1k as you back then. I think I got an Oris for around $900. Didn't like it much and rarely wore it until I sold it.

Why do DW watches cost so much anyways? They're plain as hell. You can get them (likely fake) on eBay for $5, which I would have no beef with since that's probably what the real ones cost to make anyways. It's stainless steel and a leather or canvas strap and got the nerve to be $500 at Neiman Marcus.

Last edited:
Why do DW watches cost so much anyways? They're plain as hell. You can get them (likely fake) on eBay for $5, which I would have no beef with since that's probably what the real ones cost to make anyways. It's stainless steel and a leather or canvas strap and got the nerve to be $500 at Neiman Marcus.
You don't see things from the capitalist's point of view. It's all brand perception. To get major bread, you need to find a way to exponentially make cake. You cannot trade time for money, shot for shot (sans being a public figure of some sort).

I think they started the company with $15k and grew it to $200M? Flyknit talked to me about it a while back. I never heard of it about a year ago. I looked at the watch and it looked like a $100 version of IWC's. I looked at their numbers and was amazed. They sent them to social media influencers and that's how they market. I went to a local Nordstrom to do some live case study. It's a very busy branch....stood around for 30 mins and saw a family of tourists (assuming because of their accent) buying two. I handled the watch and felt it was inferiority made. I found a couple of manufacturers that can make a similar one with movement of my choice for around $20-50 per, including customizing the box. I thought about it for a minute, but decided to hold off for now. Definitely going to visit them once I get out to China to see my factories to see if I can get better prices to mess around :lol:

I'm 30 years old, and a good portion of my friends have them. They like the plain and thin design. They like they can go to a local Nodstrom and buy it.

The $100-200 is a sweet price point. Anything cheaper will feel like a Timex. Anything more will require more thinking. I haven't see a model that is $500 personally.

Last edited:
lmao why do you take shots then report me?

:lol:

If I reported you for every immature side comment you make about me you would be banned by now.

Go PM meth about you breaking rules and don't assume and place blame on me for your transgressions.

You don't see things from the capitalist's point of view. It's all brand perception. To get major bread, you need to find a way to exponentially make cake. You cannot trade time for money, shot for shot (sans being a public figure of some sort).

I think they started the company with $15k and grew it to $200M? Flyknit talked to me about it a while back. I never heard of it about a year ago. I looked at the watch and it looked like a $100 version of IWC's. I looked at their numbers and was amazed. They sent them to social media influencers and that's how they market. I went to a local Nordstrom to do some live case study. It's a very busy branch....stood around for 30 mins and saw a family of tourists (assuming because of their accent) buying two. I handled the watch and felt it was inferiority made. I found a couple of manufacturers that can make a similar one with movement of my choice for around $20-50 per, including customizing the box. I thought about it for a minute, but decided to hold off for now. Definitely going to visit them once I get out to China to see my factories to see if I can get better prices to mess around
laugh.gif

I'm 30 years old, and a good portion of my friends have them. They like the plain and thin design. They like they can go to a local Nodstrom and buy it.

The $100-200 is a sweet price point. Anything cheaper will feel like a Timex. Anything more will require more thinking. I haven't see a model that is $500 personally.
Seiko is easily the best option for a relatively low cost watch, Tissot is a good brand too but slightly more expensive. Fashion watches are always a huge ripoff as its just a cheap quartz movement in all of them. It just depends on how much you value craftsmanship.

Last edited:
What brands do y'all recommend for a good pair of chelsea boots? SLP looks best imo but Idk if I'm willing to spend that much.

What brands do y'all recommend for a good pair of chelsea boots? SLP looks best imo but Idk if I'm willing to spend that much.

I'm a big proponent of CP, before and now definitely after my purchase. That's if you can stand the crepe sole

Back
Top Bottom