Dressing Better Vol 2.0

so gents what do you guys do with your old wardrobe ? i have been narrowing down my massive ralph lauren collection and im only keeping my rrl and made to measure items along with purple label knick knacks 
I give them to my mom's friends' sons who lack the financial means to acquire on their own. Some stuff were never worn too, just bought in the spur of the moment.

Any ideas for a graduation outfit?

I'll be in warm weather half of the time.

If its going to be warm and sunny, I strongly suggest NOT wearing a jacket under your gown. I wore a navy hop sack blazer under my gown (which was black) and the sunny 70 degree weather was uncomfortable.

Last edited:

decent fit.. but just commented to let you know you look good (NO HOMO). congrats on all the weight loss bruh :pimp:

I really need some good quality polos for the summer that have short back/front lengths (for wearing untucked).. can't stand the lengths on Ralph Lauren polos :smh:

So far these brands have good lengths: APC, Gant Rugger, Epaulet, and possibly Fred Perry..

Sunspel is on the longer side, but I might need to try one on for myself..

Anyone have any recommendations?

I really need some good quality polos for the summer that have short back/front lengths (for wearing untucked).. can't stand the lengths on Ralph Lauren polos :smh:

So far these brands have good lengths: APC, Gant Rugger, Epaulet, and possibly Fred Perry..

I have feel in love with CDG PLAY. Perfect length and the female compliments go to my head. I went to whole foods and a cute bagger girl saw my shirt and showed me her CDG wallet and preceded to ask about my whole fit. Jokingly (I hope) asked for my shirt and I told her that she would have to come get it. She gives me the number. :smokin

James Jeans seam pretty slim the have some on Gilt right now.

GANT

Dior (if you wan to splurge)

Levi's

APC

Naked Famous

Nudie

You can find great prices on all but those but the Dior's

Thanks homie, appreciate the feedback.

Which line/style of the Levi's do you fool with?

Thanks homie, appreciate the feedback.

Which line/style of the Levi's do you fool with?

I really do Levi's. I do have 511's though.

Dont know why I did not mention them but I have a pair of Wings + Horn "slim" that I love they have gotten too big since my weight loss. I also have a pair of Acne Max Cash. The 511's are a lil too loose, I think I will go back and try sizing down.

My go to v neck is American Apparel, there's so many options for cut and they are great quality.

Just out of curiosity which one do you buy?

I have one american apparel V neck and its just too short on me. Im 6 foot....bought a medium.
I'd really like to find a go to crew and v neck t shirt in colors for the summer. Hoping my J. Crew Factory T fits well so i can pick up some more for cheap.

I'm a little over 6 foot, always go large.

The cut really isn't as deep as it is on these models. It looks like they're both wearing a size too big

http://store.americanapparel.net/product/index.jsp?productId=2456org&c=Natural

http://store.americanapparel.net/product/index.jsp?productId=tr461&c=Tri-Coffee

Appreciate it man. Maybe thats why its too short. The Medium fit fine in the chest and i liked the cut of the V. A little bit low but nothing outragious

Just out of curiosity which one do you buy?

I have one american apparel V neck and its just too short on me. Im 6 foot....bought a medium.
I'd really like to find a go to crew and v neck t shirt in colors for the summer. Hoping my J. Crew Factory T fits well so i can pick up some more for cheap.

I picked a few nice fitting V neck Ts in various colors from Old Navy for 10 dollars. If you can catch a sale like I did you can get buy 1 get 1 free.

Also, I dont know if you have a Cotton On nearby but I also picked up a few V neck Ts from them as well.

I will have to check it out. I don't know of one but i will look into it. I also actually have a couple Old Navy V necks that i like and got for dirt cheap. They are a little short as well but for the price it is worth it.

My go to white V-neck right now is the JKY (Jockey) stay cool V. It is $20 for a pack of 2 and they fit me perfectly. A medium passes by belt line and the V- Is perfect.

Have you tried the other fits from RL? Classic is really long I always get custom fit and the length hits right at the belt line...

A seersucker suit is perfectly acceptable for a derby party.

You have a lot of options for shirts. To play it safe wear white, but essentially you can wear any light color. (blue, orange, pink, salmon, etc)

I concur. Class Southern outfit right here.

:pimp: Ced!

Thanks guys,I'm waiting on a more accurate picture of the weather situation for that day before deciding..

A seersucker suit is perfectly acceptable for a derby party.

You have a lot of options for shirts. To play it safe wear white, but essentially you can wear any light color. (blue, orange, pink, salmon, etc)

I concur. Class Southern outfit right here.

:pimp: Ced!

Thanks guys,I'm waiting on a more accurate picture of the weather situation for that day before deciding..

Yeah man, I'm going to a Derby party here on the East Coast. I know Seersucker is very traditional which is why I was thinking of doing something different. I have a couple different pastel colored pieces that I'm going to play around with.

That bag.

He's really off suits now :lol: . Info on the shoes?

I really need some good quality polos for the summer that have short back/front lengths (for wearing untucked).. can't stand the lengths on Ralph Lauren polos
mean.gif

i believe the RL slim fit, not custom, have an even length in the front and back but dont quote me.

I really need some good quality polos for the summer that have short back/front lengths (for wearing untucked).. can't stand the lengths on Ralph Lauren polos
mean.gif

i think RL polos that are marked as slim are shorter...it appears they are cut shorter than the classic and custom ones

*nevermind they still kind of look longer in the back
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
8) if u got it like that. I WISH i had the funds for something like that.
In due time. LV isn't all that expensive when compared to Hermes or even Dior and Chanel.

I rarely use mine anymore though. The biggest con is that it's an automatic target, plus it's a luxury bag so you gotta be careful and can't be reckless with it.

Kent Wang love the one I have, def buying more this summer. Had to size up though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom