Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Big thread to skim through, but nice affordable slim fit shirts with a good cut around the waist that won't flare out? Time to get ready for fall.

Club Monaco > J. Crew (imo).

Picked up this Boss blazer today. $750 regular price, on sale for $225:

Also grabbed this Suit Supply jacket:

Thinking it should look pretty good with a bleached denim chambray like this:

Speaking of Suit Supply, does anyone own any outerwear from them? They have a couple of overcoats that caught my eye.

For those looking for an affordable, light weight suit for casual wear -- I just picked up this suit from Club Monoco for $133 flat ($130 for the jacket + $60 for the trousers; additional 30% off sale items in-store)

http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=32853416&prodFindSrc=search

http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=32855306&prodFindSrc=search
Comes up way more expensive for me.

Recommended TaT to my brother for his suit for his wedding, he decided to get his groomesmen all TaT suits as our gifts.
I've been to two weddings this year and both features OTR suits from Jos A Bank I believe. If I ever get marriedI wont be doing that. 

I used to hold the stance of making the groomsmen come out of pocket for it, but getting them to suits as gifts is an even better idea.

For those looking for an affordable, light weight suit for casual wear -- I just picked up this suit from Club Monoco for $133 flat ($130 for the jacket + $60 for the trousers; additional 30% off sale items in-store)

http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=32853416&prodFindSrc=search

http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=32855306&prodFindSrc=search

Recommended TaT to my brother for his suit for his wedding, he decided to get his groomesmen all TaT suits as our gifts.
I've been to two weddings this year and both features OTR suits from Jos A Bank I believe. If I ever get marriedI wont be doing that. 

I used to hold the stance of making the groomsmen come out of pocket for it, but getting them to suits as gifts is an even better idea.
i would have thought that you don't like marriage...sort of like eggs?

Looks great man
Appreciate it my dude. Jason did a tremendous job on everything. Had everyone saying we looked better than the bridesmaids 
laugh.gif

Yeah my brother figured it was two birds with one stone. Instead of renting out whatever for a suit/tux and getting everyone gifts it would come out to the same price as just going to TaT and getting everyone a suit they could wear later on down the road. Plus Jason gave us a little discount and no sales tax which was very generous of him. Very professional and got everything done to what my brother wanted in terms of fit and look for the wedding. 

for those that have used MTM services, did your suits require further alterations once they arrived?

had my first MTM come in with a DC-based service and i was bit underwhelmed...jacket had sleeve dimples even after the guy took my measurements, which i stressed to him as my reason for going MTM in the first place...he said he made the sleeve too tight so that was causing the dimpling and said he would fix it...am i being nit picky?
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
Shoulder divots likely came from excess fabric from the top of the chest/shoulder piece overlapping onto the upper sleeve.

I actually have that issue with a few of my TaT's. Fairly expensive fix ($100-200 depending on where you go). This comes from shoddy craftsmanship, not likely from making the sleeve too tight. I likely will just deal with it and go bespoke later this year to avoid this issue.

**Disclaimer, yes I highly talk about TaT for MTM as they offer fully canvassed garments for a $500 price point for a near perfect fit. However, a truly perfect fit can only be obtained through bespoke. Essentially, how deep ya pockets b?

I should have clarified, this was in-store. I posted links to the website so that everyone can see how the suit looks

For those in NYC, this was at the Club Monaco 21st street and 5th avenue

Shoulder divots likely came from excess fabric from the top of the chest/shoulder piece overlapping onto the upper sleeve.

I actually have that issue with a few of my TaT's. Fairly expensive fix ($100-200 depending on where you go). This comes from shoddy craftsmanship, not likely from making the sleeve too tight. I likely will just deal with it and go bespoke later this year to avoid this issue.

**Disclaimer, yes I highly talk about TaT for MTM as they offer fully canvassed garments for a $500 price point for a near perfect fit. However, a truly perfect fit can only be obtained through bespoke. Essentially, how deep ya pockets b?
the suit i got was fully canvassed too, for $580, which i liked...

i raraly wear suits but wanted buy something that would last...

the otr suit i had lasted about 4 years with at most monthly (sometimes bi monthly) wears for meetings and presentations...however it started to thread with the lighter strands of the much lighter lining being visible through the darker outer fabric....

Last edited:
If he's fixing the problem then you gucci, pimpin'.

However, if that was an out of pocket expense, that would have been problematic.

Btw, $580 for FC is great. Aware the people breh.

If he's fixing the problem then you gucci, pimpin'.

However, if that was an out of pocket expense, that would have been problematic.

Btw, $580 for FC is great. Aware the people breh.
if he is saying the dimples were from the sleeves being too tight around my bicep but they actually werent, im nervous that alteration wont necessarily alleviate the problem, yamean? ... hopefully he just said that to get the annoyed look off my face when i tried on the jacket
laugh.gif

but yea alterations are included so im glad for that ...

i mean he seems to know what he is talking about but im just nervous...divots are my biggest pet peeve, which is why i moved away from otr in the first place

but the place i used was Enzo Customs...offices located in NY, Philly and DC...suits come half canvassed with full canvassing for $65 extra...

Last edited:
Nice job @howfly2

It seems you may have lost some weight as well. Either that or you're just wearing clothes that fits you better.

Last edited:
Alright boys.

Let's take it back a little bit to about four weeks ago...

I posted these pictures of my suit (that I already owned) that I was planning on wearing to my wedding on September 20th...

BEFORE

And was proceeded to get hated on...(can't blame you guys)...

Well, looked at some resources, (big shout out to @Pinoy732) and ordered the same colored suit from Indochino.

Just received it from the fine folks at Fedex this afternoon. Threw it on immediately.

AFTER

A few things/questions:

-Vest seems too short (or is this how they are suppose to fit?)

-Suit needs ironed/steamed obviously

-A different undershirt/tie will be worn for wedding

-Other than that, love the fit. Definitely feels a lot more snug than my old suit...just overall feels a lot better.

-Are the sleeves too long?

Your guys' thoughts on what can be improved?

Nice suit!

Sleeves do seem a bit too long. I believe that you want 0.25" of your cuff to show.

The trousers seem a bit long as well. Get them hemmed and try to get a 0.50" break. It would help if you wear the shoes you're going to be wearing the day of your wedding as well. This way everything will fit properly and it'll give the tailor a better idea of how you'll look.

Last edited:
Tate, a hem and sleeve shortening would be the move.

Get the vest remade but FIRST, send a pic directly straight on. I think your shoulders might be protruding a tad. If so, have Indo remake the entire jacket.

Also, gahdamb that turn around is fast. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom