Dressing Better Vol 2.0

What are good brands for dress shirts? I have a job were I have to wear a shirt and tie everyday. I need something that looks good after many wears.

I want to order from mytailor but that joint looks so complicated for real.

I just want a reg spread collar but then they got me tryna do geometry and **** 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

its just a pain in the *** to do all that so I never got to order one smh.

I want to order from mytailor but that joint looks so complicated for real.

I just want a reg spread collar but then they got me tryna do geometry and **** :lol:  :smh:

its just a pain in the *** to do all that so I never got to order one smh.
Yeah. That's why I do in person. Quality and price are great though. See if they have a tour in your city soon and go that route if able to.

just copped a JE hoodie this past weekend. the fit is :smokin but def not worth the price tag:smh:

gonna buy a different color and a crewneck next :lol:

The shoe trees at jos a bank (they are $7.50 again btw) are by pair right? So if I buy 3 it will be 3 pairs?

Last edited:

I like Kirkland, Polo RL, and Calvin Klein.
^Kirkland are good quality for their price. They will bacon neck and they're not the softest, but they're nice and heavy. Started wearing them under my work shirt since it's getting cold out. A good winter undershirt.

Polo RL and Calvin Klein are softer and thinner. But honestly, I'd rather just buy Hanes comfort blend and save some money.

I like Uniqlo's supima tees and BR makes a decent supima one too if you can get it on discount. 
I have several Uniqlo supima t shirts. They're holding up great. Will get more when I need to.
Why don't you just get modern joints on discount to ball in rather than overpriced retroes? Gotta be fresh on the court?
laugh.gif
Thanks guy's I checked on the uniqlo supima tees and they seem nice not too expensive either. Ill give them a try! 

Yeah those supima joints are solid too. Really comfortable. I have a long sleeved one I layer under my JE hoody.

Last edited:
Following up on the question about good brands for dress shirts -

Can you guys suggest brands that offer very slim fitting shirts? I'm 5'7 150 and I'm having trouble finding form fitting stuff. A lot of brands even in size small are too big.

I tried the Charles Tyrwhitt Extra Slim Fit and they were way too roomy. I've tried J. Crew, Uniqlo (closest I've found but still doesn't give me the fit I want), H&M (fit is okay but quality is obv. subpar), CT....

Budget is probably $60-$80 a shirt. Hate when the shirts bunch up in the back and on the sides....

Can you guys suggest brands that offer very slim fitting shirts? I'm 5'7 150 and I'm having trouble finding form fitting stuff. A lot of brands even in size small are too big.

I tried the Charles Tyrwhitt Extra Slim Fit and they were way too roomy. I've tried J. Crew, Uniqlo (closest I've found but still doesn't give me the fit I want), H&M (fit is okay but quality is obv. subpar), CT....

Budget is probably $60-$80 a shirt. Hate when the shirts bunch up in the back and on the sides....

Banana Republic Tailored Slim Fit

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=44866&departmentRedirect=true#style=77446

These are what you're looking for in regards to fit. I'm about the same size as you. These are not the greatest quality. But, you could always try one out for size, take your measurements if you like the fit, then go the modern tailor route.

Last edited:

Have you tried Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fits?

Express makes pretty slim dress shirts as well.

Back
Top Bottom