Dressing Better Vol 2.0

My posts isn't really over thinking though, at least I don't feel that way, I usually explain something that should be simple but for some reason very difficult for others to understand. And just because I post paragraphs and wall of texts doesn't mean I am over thinking things, I admit I am a terrible writer and at times have a hard time getting straight to the point.

Most of my wall of text are also just basic knowledge I share, it isn't over thinking if I list all the ways a blazer could be worn or explain why A' wear suits to take his exam. :lol:

And I wasn't even talking about biker jeans, subject was on biker jackets but I see how you're trying to connect like I am putting down any negative biker jeans talks because I like them. :lol: Biker jeans I understand the hesitation but biker leathers are a classic staple that has been around for decades. Anyone and everyone can wear it and look good.

The obligatory pic

hey DB fam, I have a dilemma and I figured I'd get a second opinion.

I'm looking to pick up some dress boots for work when it snows/rains and maybe to wear out on weekends once in a while

I've narrowed it down to 2: the Sebago Hamilton

and the Florsheim Gaffney

I know there are better options but I wont be wearing these that often. I love the upper on the Sebagos, but I'm concerned about the thin sole
I see that the Gaffneys have a better sole and a decent upper, but again I like the upper on the Sebagos more

Once the soles wear out on the Sebagos, would I be able to get them replaced with a similar sole like the Gaffneys? is it even worth it? do you have any other snow boot suggestions in a similar style?

Excited for the JE drop next week. Specifically looking forward to this flannel and these pants.

Where's that pic from? I need that flannel. Is that navy and grey or black and grey? Either way :pimp: Looks like that neighborhood one I copped a few months ago but it was too short.

Someone inquired about the Nike tech fleece pants a while ago. Richard's has them for $74.99, and they also have a $20 off $100 printable coupon. Just got the grey and black for $136.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a pair of black leather boots in a size 6/6.5? I know my small feet narrow down my options down quite a bit - this is kind of the reason I've been leaning towards a pair of black Dr Martens. 

Too much time at the gym.
I need to get back into it, haven't lift in nearly a month. Just waiting for clearance from the doctor.

It wasn't even that. I fell into the peril of getting everything too fitted a la GQ. It looked good standing still, but that was about it.

Can anyone recommend a pair of black leather boots in a size 6/6.5? I know my small feet narrow down my options down quite a bit - this is kind of the reason I've been leaning towards a pair of black Dr Martens. 
You may want to look at women's shoes. I know Tricker's makes a lot of women stuff, and I'm sure they can accommodate you.

Allen Edmonds makes 6.5. I think I saw some random 6s when I worked there. Could check out the Dalton or fifth Street. Give a call if you don't see your size and they can likely accommodate

Going through my pictures to use for my site, ran into these two. Good ole days, opposite of DBNT :lol:

hey DB fam, I have a dilemma and I figured I'd get a second opinion.

I'm looking to pick up some dress boots for work when it snows/rains and maybe to wear out on weekends once in a while

I've narrowed it down to 2: the Sebago Hamilton

and the Florsheim Gaffney

I know there are better options but I wont be wearing these that often. I love the upper on the Sebagos, but I'm concerned about the thin sole
I see that the Gaffneys have a better sole and a decent upper, but again I like the upper on the Sebagos more

Once the soles wear out on the Sebagos, would I be able to get them replaced with a similar sole like the Gaffneys? is it even worth it? do you have any other snow boot suggestions in a similar style?
I say go with the Sebagos. I have two pairs of boots from them and the quality is great.

- Brovsko

N&F Waxed joints arrived today. Love the fit throughout the leg but the waist is a tad too big so I'm repurchasing and returning (because apparently Barney's doesn't do exchanges :rolleyes ). Going TTS this time around.

N&F Waxed joints arrived today. Love the fit throughout the leg but the waist is a tad too big so I'm repurchasing and returning (because apparently Barney's doesn't do exchanges
eyes.gif
). Going TTS this time around.
Fit looks good, will TTS make the fit too tight on the legs?

N&F Waxed joints arrived today. Love the fit throughout the leg but the waist is a tad too big so I'm repurchasing and returning (because apparently Barney's doesn't do exchanges
eyes.gif
). Going TTS this time around.
I was thinking about getting these myself.  question is do they fade?

Back
Top Bottom