Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Yeah I've also noticed the amount of time has increased greatly over the past two years or so. Fortunately I wasn't in a huge rush to receive them. They were just some random shirts I made out of boredom. 95% of my striped shirts are vertical so I decided to do something different and made a special request to have all the stripes be horizontal. From the pics I received, looks like it turned out good. Hopefully they look good on, if not I'll just be wearing them under sweaters
laugh.gif

Got an email this morning and they have been shipped off
smokin.gif
I ordered from MT and somehow they messed up my shirt and trousers 
mean.gif
. My shirt came out larger than expected and they made the trousers hug my nuts.

This is an awesome deal for a briefcase:
For some reason the direct link won't work. It is the middle bag on sale for $60: https://www.jcrew.com/search2/index...=&Npge=1&Nrpp=48&Nsrt=3&hasSplitResults=false

The direct link takes it to the navy color, which is retail. If this still isn't working...go to j.crew.com, then sales, then men, then filter by bags. It's the "Harwick briefcase" in green.

It should come to low $30, or around $30 flat if you add the student discount (in store only).

I bought one a month ago to replace my Jack Spade. The Jack Spade was bought about 2 yrs ago from Nordstrom and started tearing at the folds. Pretty disappointed since I only transfer it from my car to the office, and only have a laptop and book in it.

The J. Crew one is far superior and wouldn't mind paying retail. It's large enough to hold a 13" MacBook, a Nook, a physical notebook, the chargers, a couple headphones, pens/pencils, and a larger wallet holding a point and shoot camera and money clip.

I ordered a couple more to hand out as gifts at the $30 price point.

Also love the olive and orange...great play on the classic MA1 colorway.  
Is there a code for an additional 50%? 

^ PTBs are classic. I copped a pair from a vintage shop and it's wearing out on me after 3 years of wear.

This is an awesome deal for a briefcase:

For some reason the direct link won't work. It is the middle bag on sale for $60:

Is there a code for an additional 50%? 

We may have missed out man.

I forgot to pull the trigger over the weekend.

I seem to remember the code listed under the sale price being 50%. Now it says 30% on orders over 200.

Either way thanks for posting wj4 wj4

Last edited:
Picked up my first pair of dressing better shoes, some Alden PTBs. Slowly upgrading the wardrobe one piece at a time.

Hopefully you got a good deal on them. Alden's regular leather is average, but the price increases every year by quite a bit. This is why I sold all non-shell cordovan joints like 2 years ago.

RE: briefcases, yeah...there was a 40% off code when I posted. You can stack up with that 15% student discount in store.

While we're on the topic of Alden, I bought these J.Crew x Alden cap toe boots that just came in the mail. I've been waiting for my size to popup for weeks and they finally showed so I bought them on a whim. They are visually stunning but I'm on the fence of the price I paid for them. Decided to sleep on it for a couple of days to see how I feel and wanted to get DB's opinion on them. 

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category...&isFromSearch=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row0

What are your thoughts? ill post some real photos of them in a bit. 

Last edited:
Those are dope. I personally wouldn't pay 700 for them but I'm #brokeboyz. I think those are shell cordovan right? I don't think that price is too outrageous for shell boots. If you got it, spend it my g

Yeah its a really good price for shell but personally would never cop Alden/J.Crew for retail. If you can at least stack student, then go for it.

Could check out meermin for some good prices too.

While we're on the topic of Alden, I bought these J.Crew x Alden cap toe boots that just came in the mail. I've been waiting for my size to popup for weeks and they finally showed so I bought them on a whim. They are visually stunning but I'm on the fence of the price I paid for them. Decided to sleep on it for a couple of days to see how I feel and wanted to get DB's opinion on them. 

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category...&isFromSearch=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row0

I have always liked those, keep them!

Yeah its a really good price for shell but personally would never cop Alden/J.Crew for retail. If you can at least stack student, then go for it.

Could check out meermin for some good prices too.
Agreed. That model has been ongoing for years. And folks got in on them when the 30 percent off coupon worked on them years ago.

Number 8 is the most common hide so it's accessible and not rare like cigar, whiskey, etc. where wait list is years.

Retail and tax turns me off. Not to mention they get restocked and it's not a limited run. I personally would've gone the boutique route, I.E. Epaulet. For me, I don't get taxed at least and the make is more unique since the batch is smaller and the particular boutique can spec to their liking I.E. brass eyelets or different last.

These are one of the boots on my to-cop list.

At retail? Maybe not, but you'll be wearing it for years to come.

These are one of the boots on my to-cop list.

At retail? Maybe not, but you'll be wearing it for years to come.
Aldens rarely go on sale unless a store is closing. It has a huge following. I had no issues selling them on eBay and they got mad watchers and some got in bidding wars.

With that said, check out the irregular list from Shoemart. Usually can save around $200 on shells. Gotta call them to be put on the list.

They no doubt will last for decades. Dudes have their joints outlasting their marriages. Sad but true.

I've been wanting those Aldens for YEARS but just haven't been able to justify spending over $700 for a shoe that I would rarely wear. As someone mentioned, if you got it go for it. Definetly a nice pick up. Post some on feet pics when you have a moment.

One of these days...

Last edited:
Why would you rarely wear them? They seem like a boot you can wear with a lot of stuff. Dressed up a little for dinner or more casual to get wasted at bars. Easily wipe them clean.

Why would you rarely wear them? They seem like a boot you can wear with a lot of stuff. Dressed up a little for dinner or more casual to get wasted at bars. Easily wipe them clean.
They're very versatile no doubt. But you gotta be careful with leather sole shoes especially if you ain't sober. Hell even if you sober and the floor is freshly waxed, you can slip and eat it in a heart beat.

Dope part about #8 shell is they get better with time. Joint almost looks pitch black but lightens up to burgundy shade over the years when exposed to sun. Some folks even just tan them through a window when not wearing.

Note to all the young dudes and guys who just want cheap but decent shoes: look at Nordstrom 1901 line. They retail for about $100 but go on sale. Leather is not highest quality but shape is decent. Comfort is there. More comfy than most my shoes that cost 3-9x their price range.

I got two pairs as beaters. Wore them to clubs, bars, lounges, manufacturing plants, construction sites, etc and they still look good. Only the rubber sole is a bit worn down and discolored.

^@wj4
-- you got pics of your Nordstrom shoes?
This was when I went to see a client out at the farms. Joints were super dusty but wiped clean in a few seconds. I prefer the shape overall over Cole Haans.

And the only time the Starbucks app has showed me nada :lol:

Last edited:
Because I usually work 6 days a week (I wear a uniform). I rarely have time to go out and when I do the last thing I want to put on are leather soled shoes. I would rather throw on some Nike Tech Fleece and some Ultra Boost
roll.gif

Acnearchive is now open for the next couple days. Some acne aces for good prices. That the fit everyone's been recommending in here?

Back
Top Bottom