Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Leather portfolio sounds good, I'm not trying to have a suitcase for this interview since they only want me to bring a copy of my resume. Leaning towards the navy suit but also need to know where to shop for one without breaking my pockets. Any direction?
What is braking the pocket? $300? $500? $1000?

Fit is key. That's been the theme around this thread. You can cop some pieces from Goodwill and make it work with the right tailoring, assuming stuff like you got the shoulders right from the jump and all and such.

He probably meant briefcase.

I brought a suitcase once. Got flown out to Madison for an interview. Interview was at 10AM and flight was departing around 1PM.

Unless you're working at a super uptight firm where you can't even wear patterned neckwear, I'm sure even a laptop bag would suffice.

Out of all the times I interviewed, easily 50 times, I never opened my portfolio once. Managers printed out my resume prior.
Still always nice to bring it and give them one on actual resume paper. At least that's what I always do.

Leather portfolio sounds good, I'm not trying to have a suitcase for this interview since they only want me to bring a copy of my resume. Leaning towards the navy suit but also need to know where to shop for one without breaking my pockets. Any direction?

When is the interview?

He probably meant briefcase.

I brought a suitcase once. Got flown out to Madison for an interview. Interview was at 10AM and flight was departing around 1PM.

Unless you're working at a super uptight firm where you can't even wear patterned neckwear, I'm sure even a laptop bag would suffice.

Out of all the times I interviewed, easily 50 times, I never opened my portfolio once. Managers printed out my resume prior.
Still always nice to bring it and give them one on actual resume paper. At least that's what I always do.
Dec 1st and I'm definitely bringing a hard copy resume.

Last edited:
Bought this today from Off Saks for 520$. I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to keep or return it. There was a size 38 (Small) and a size 40 (Medium). I'm not a huge guy but have a skinny/slim but athletic frame. I opted for the size 40 (Medium) because when trying on the Small, I found it to be so fitted and constrictive that I couldn't even fit a light sweater/cardigan under although I do like how the Small fit slightly better due to it being sleeker. What do my friends on dressing better think of this? Would you keep or return?

https://www.eastdane.com/mitch-jacket-rag-bone/vp/v=1/1547781061.htm

Last edited:
I thought this thread would have came thru with the deals since it's that time of the year. I noticed that I have no pants, only denim. I need to atock up on different colors;olive, brown, navy...etc. What company has good quality chinos? I'm also looking for a denim trucker jacket in a light wash.

AG > anything else.

Relatively expensive but I haven't touched a different brand when it comes to cotton twill pants since I bought my first pair.

If you have a Nordstrom near you try on the AG Graduate model. Taper the leg opening 1" up through the knee and you won't find a better look or fit.

Last edited:
I never said bring an empty bag. I always bring 4-5 copies. Used to use resume paper as well when I first entered the corp world 6 years or so back. Now just regular printer papers. Don't even care anymore.

Always cross your t's and dot your i's.

Some folks prepare too much on what to wear. What will get you the job is how nice your verbal game is. They're trying to see who you are as a person.

Prob check jcrew for chinos.

Uniqlo be poppin too. Esp around this time of year.
Yeah. The 484 joints are a good deal at $20-40 mark for me. No tailoring needed. They starting to question how I'm still in school though.

Grad School papi
I got my 2nd masters when I was 27 years old :lol:

I had to go back to using my undergrad ID because it had no date.

The ones from grad programs had the years. They denied the discount since years were like 2009-10 and 2011-12 respectively.

Just curious, saw a pair of navy longwings that I really liked. Not sure what I would wear with them though.

What color chinos and suits would work with that?

Just curious, saw a pair of navy longwings that I really liked. Not sure what I would wear with them though.

What color chinos and suits would work with that?
Gray, green and khaki are my favs for navy shoes.

These J. Crew joints are one of my daily beaters when I see clients in the wild terrains.

Anybody cop anything so far for Black Friday?

I picked up a few GAP shirts (50% off) and a JCrew wool sweater (40% off)

Anybody cop anything so far for Black Friday?

I picked up a few GAP shirts (50% off) and a JCrew wool sweater (40% off)
You find better deals throughout the year if you're looking constantly. I still have 3-4 full bags of J. Crew finds, mostly shirts and trousers, I got at $10-30 each.

The mall was a mad house today. Went to get some candles and cards to write/give out. Saw a long line and didn't know what it was...then realized it was for the newly opened Adidas store so I guess kids getting the Yeezy's.

Quick question for the Uniqlo savvy..

I've got a Uniqlo gift card and am looking to come up on some online purchases today, but cant seem to figure out for the life of me whether or not I could apply my gift card to the purchase. Any one know if possible? Its not a promo code so I don't see where else I would enter my gift card balance. Much help appreciated NT.

Quick question for the Uniqlo savvy..

I've got a Uniqlo gift card and am looking to come up on some online purchases today, but cant seem to figure out for the life of me whether or not I could apply my gift card to the purchase. Any one know if possible? Its not a promo code so I don't see where else I would enter my gift card balance. Much help appreciated NT.

I believe gift cards only work in store. If you live near a Uniqlo store, you can buy stuff online, choose free pick-up in store, pick up your stuff, and ask them to apply the gift card.

I forgot to mention this, but I've got long hair (past shoulder length) and I always have a shape up done every two weeks so it always looks clean. I'm thinking for my interview to have it in a professional bun.

I picked up a newsboy / hooligan hat. Ordered 2 different sizes. Hope one fits.

Also ordered a black denim jacket. Got like $50-55 off but still overpriced considering it's rl denim & supply. Planning on upgrading to a Rogue Territory supply jacket later on.

About to order a couple of ties. Already bought 3 a few weeks ago.

I forgot to mention this, but I've got long hair (past shoulder length) and I always have a shape up done every two weeks so it always looks clean. I'm thinking for my interview to have it in a professional bun.
:lol: hey, I've done it before at my previous jobs and it worked out well. Wanted to see if you any of you guys worked with people that have long hair in a white collar setting.

Back
Top Bottom