Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Potentially stupid questions - how would one translate Uniform/LAs size guide? I’m usually a L/XL depending on the brand, is this a case where you gotta just order and try on?

PNG image.png

Need some advice shoe advice for tuxedo. Getting married in a few months and need to decide on what shoes to go with. Here's the tuxedo I'm wearing. Traditionally, you would wear black patent leather shoes with a tux but I'm considering some other options as I feel like it's my only way to incorporate some of my personal taste. Here's my options

Traditional Patent Leather

Gucci Loafers

Thom Browne Loafers

Aime Leon Dore Loafers

Need some advice shoe advice for tuxedo. Getting married in a few months and need to decide on what shoes to go with. Here's the tuxedo I'm wearing. Traditionally, you would wear black patent leather shoes with a tux but I'm considering some other options as I feel like it's my only way to incorporate some of my personal taste. Here's my options

Gucci Loafers

Thom Browne Loafers

Aime Leon Dore Loafers

I don't see the tux but I would go with the Traditional Patent Leather.

How often would you get to wear the black patent leather shoes outside of the wedding? I'm far from getting married but right now I'm not sure that I'd get something to be worn only at wedding and nothing else.

Personally not a fan of the ALD loafers at all, regardless of outfit.
TB looks too country with the pebble grain.
Prefer the Gucci 1953 over the one linked.

Anyone have a tuxedo from Bonobos? How do you like it?

In the market for a tuxedo/dinner jacket for a wedding. I was set on going custom through Suitsupply. Have a couple suits from them and they are good quality. Did some more searching and found the style I want from Bonobos on final sale for $200 (regular price $700). The Suitsupply jacket would run me $800.

Anyone have a tuxedo from Bonobos? How do you like it?

In the market for a tuxedo/dinner jacket for a wedding. I was set on going custom through Suitsupply. Have a couple suits from them and they are good quality. Did some more searching and found the style I want from Bonobos on final sale for $200 (regular price $700). The Suitsupply jacket would run me $800.

I have a couple suits and sport coats from Bonobos, quality is a great fit.Atlanta actually has a store which was better for me because they were able to get le the perfect fit.

My usual suit fitting was not correct with Bonobos - I have to order the athletic fit,

They’re different type of sizings - Standard, Athletic, Slim, and Tailored. Being

that I workout, my shoulders are broader and my biceps are firm - “Athletic” provided that space in the shoulder and arms area.

I’m 6’0, 193 - 40R

Thanks I went ahead and ordered from Bonobos. Only plan on wearing it once. That $600 savings was too much to ignore even if its final sale.

Gucci Loafers

Thom Browne Loafers

Aime Leon Dore Loafers

I don’t see the link for the tux you’re wearing, but I just copped a tux from the suitsupply store in Atlanta. I lean conservative with my dressing, so I originally was going to purchase the patent leather shoes you posted but the SA (and my wife) convinced me to go with these velvet loafers from them for a wedding in LA in a couple of weeks:

I wouldn’t wear Gucci loafers with a tux, and I have a pair. If I were to wear Gucci loafers with a tux, they wouldn’t be horsebit loafers.

The loafers you posted are better for more casual settings. Or even with a sportcoat. Loafers with suits should probably have a more elongated style like these:

I don’t see the link for the tux you’re wearing, but I just copped a tux from the suitsupply store in Atlanta. I lean conservative with my dressing, so I originally was going to purchase the patent leather shoes you posted but the SA (and my wife) convinced me to go with these velvet loafers from them for a wedding in LA in a couple of weeks:

I wouldn’t wear Gucci loafers with a tux, and I have a pair. If I were to wear Gucci loafers with a tux, they wouldn’t be horsebit loafers.

The loafers you posted are better for more casual settings. Or even with a sportcoat. Loafers with suits should probably have a more elongated style like these:

Agreed with both shoes.

So I have a serious question:

It’s okay to wear a tux to someone else’s wedding? Unless the invitation clearly says formal setting?

I’m invited to a wedding in 2 weeks, I have a tux but I figured it was not appropriate- so I brought a navy blue linen suit to wear.

It’s okay to wear a tux to someone else’s wedding? Unless the invitation clearly says formal setting?

I’m invited to a wedding in 2 weeks, I have a tux but I figured it was not appropriate- so I brought a navy blue linen suit to wear.
I wouldn't wear a tux for anything unless it specifically says black tie.

I’m wearing one in a couple of weeks to one but the invitation said black tie.

I probably wouldn’t unless it said that. I wouldn’t even to a black tie optional. The suit you brought sounds more appropriate.

I do feel you on getting the use out of a tux tho lol. Gotta get to some galas.

Anyone live or from Seattle? Tomorrow I’m headed up there for 1 month. Any barber shop recommendations? I usually get a low to med fade.

F997F18E-8E1A-4C32-8AAF-2887F00A0A1F.jpeg

the new heavweight artist tees in the twisted supima cotton from uniformLA are fire.
great tee. i don't know why i slept on the regular artist tee. i might size up and cop the XL.
These are TTS or you size up?

I normally buy with the pony logo but want less logo in my life.

Back
Top Bottom