Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyone live or from Seattle? Tomorrow I’m headed up there for 1 month. Any barber shop recommendations? I usually get a low to med fade.

F997F18E-8E1A-4C32-8AAF-2887F00A0A1F.jpeg

I’m in Seattle, and I go to Tim Phan at The Head Shop in Sodo, he’ll get u lookin right

http://instagram.com/steezytim

Guys I have this SuSu suit for sale. It’s brand new no alterations done. Size 40R. Still has tags on it from a previous season with a higher retail price. Definitely less than retail for NT. Let me know if anyone’s interested.

Last edited:
Fellas. I'll be going to NYC for a few months, looking to rebuild my wardrobe as well. What stores do you guys recommend? Not looking for larger department stores. Smaller boutiques etc.

For tailoring or more casual?

if the former, you can’t go wrong with the Armoury. J Mueser is also an option if you like his style

Needed a pair of slim, clean sneakers for the office and to wear casually, and I haven't been able to find a decent sale price on CP Achilles lately so I opted for the Artisan Lab Essential Sneaker which I had been eyeing for a while. Visually, they're pretty much identical but there are a few details which aren't the same--most noticeably the gold lettering on the side. Additionally, the toe is ever so slightly more bulbous, the back heel design is different, and the inside of the heel is all leather unlike the CPs, which creates squeaking and slight heel slippage. The laces are also way too long which bothered me, so I ordered replacements from Etsy. Leather quality is also different than CPs. I've owned at least five pairs of CPs in the last decade and you can tell from the way it creases. Not as soft. Overall, a solid pair of white sneakers, but despite the price, CPs are still my favorites if found on sale.

Where do you guys buy your dress/casual long sleeve collar shirts from?

Looking for alternatives to Suit Supply. Preferably something similar with long lasting collars.

Aight brethrens, need some spots to look for a suit for my wedding. I literally am clueless but your boy wanna get GQ’d up

Obviously some spots might be local to certain states or whatever but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Aight brethrens, need some spots to look for a suit for my wedding. I literally am clueless but your boy wanna get GQ’d up

Obviously some spots might be local to certain states or whatever but any help would be greatly appreciated!

suit supply used to get recommended..not sure if the quality dropped.

Suit Supply in cherry creek. I think there is also an Indochino down there. Spier & Mackay another similar online option.

I'm a 34x32 slim in suit pants. Only 36x32 slim available for the ones I'm looking at. How bad would it be to just get the bigger waist taken in at the tailor? Can't throw off the look too bad right?

Also, please wear some nice dress shoes. I remember nt'ers wearing sneakers on their wedding day. Looks tacky AF. Dressing up only 90% of the way.
Lollll so the Yeezys ain’t what’s poppin?

Just playing - Like I said, tryna GQ up, this ain’t gon be da Ninjahood wedding, b

Last edited:
I'm a 34x32 slim in suit pants. Only 36x32 slim available for the ones I'm looking at. How bad would it be to just get the bigger waist taken in at the tailor? Can't throw off the look too bad right?
Feel like you'd be fine.

what might help is not taking the waist in too much at the tailors and wear suspenders if you are wearing a jacket too
also, wearing you trousers at your natural waistline will help (higher above the hips). that's how they are meant to be worn anyways unless its weird low rise pants

Most suit pants waists can be taken in 1-2 sizes without it looking bad. Won’t even notice a difference. Opening the waIst is much more problematic than taking in.

Back
Top Bottom