Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 2.47.28 AM.png

Can anyone identify these for me?

Could be from Nick's Handmade Boots, or White's

Moc toe with stacked leather sole. Most brands use a white vibram wedge soles, so these moc toes with leather soles are somewhat unique from what I can find
Thank you! Been searching forever, it looks like this setup might run me ~$600 - I think these are Nicks

I am not a boots guy, I have one other pair that are high end, not workwear focused like this. In your experience is Nikcs caliber worth the price? I would obviously want these to last years. Also, what kind of heel stack/toe structure are these? I assume soft but I am not sure.

Thank you! Been searching forever, it looks like this setup might run me ~$600 - I think these are Nicks

I am not a boots guy, I have one other pair that are high end, not workwear focused like this. In your experience is Nikcs caliber worth the price? I would obviously want these to last years. Also, what kind of heel stack/toe structure are these? I assume soft but I am not sure.

Nick's is highly regarded from what I remember. Full Goodyear welted, quality leather, etc. They are expensive because they use high quality materials and hand construction in USA.

Check out reddit leather boots sub. Can't remember the exact name but if you Google it you'll find it. They review brands etc, and you'll learn a lot (if you want to).

93F17FBF-6C64-4DC0-A162-26571F36DEBF.jpeg

My Paraboot Michael came in… went down .5 as suggested and it’s still slightly too long. These are a UK 7

Not sure if I should go down another .5 and risk being small or if I should just wear extra thick socks

Last edited:
Is that pic with your toes pushed to front?

Don’t go down more. Paraboot in general is better with thicker socks. Heel slip should be gone once shoe is broken in. Throw in a thin insole for now if you’re concerned about it.

Is that pic with your toes pushed to front?

Don’t go down more. Paraboot in general is better with thicker socks. Heel slip should be gone once shoe is broken in. Throw in a thin insole for now if you’re concerned about it.

Yea, its my toes pushed to the front. Thanks for the advice.

Yea, its my toes pushed to the front. Thanks for the advice.
Just checked mine and it’s around the same with toes to front so you should be good. For additional context, I first got my pair back in 17 or 18 (0.5 down like you) and initially thought they were too big. At the time paraboot wasn’t as popular so I had to buy from EU and return was pretty costly so I just threw a thin insole in to help rather than return for a different size. After a few wears I ended up taking out the insoles and have been fine since. The current spacing allows me to flip on/off without having to re do the laces. If I gone down more that wouldn’t be possible and honestly may be to tight. These won’t stretch much so you’ll end up killing your feet if you size too small.

Just checked mine and it’s around the same with toes to front so you should be good. For additional context, I first got my pair back in 17 or 18 (0.5 down like you) and initially thought they were too big. At the time paraboot wasn’t as popular so I had to buy from EU and return was pretty costly so I just threw a thin insole in to help rather than return for a different size. After a few wears I ended up taking out the insoles and have been fine since. The current spacing allows me to flip on/off without having to re do the laces. If I gone down more that wouldn’t be possible and honestly may be to tight. These won’t stretch much so you’ll end up killing your feet if you size too small.

appreciate it yall. I bought these from END so shipping back to Great Britain would've been a pain in the *** lol.

Gonna rock them tomorrow to work

Last edited:
Roast away gents.

What can I rock with these? Any casual fits?
6ADEDFC9-0D18-4BB7-997C-4B3BAFB6BA5F.jpeg
8A6E6A0B-2105-4317-969B-BD37634D3DE2.jpeg
I wore the black pair with a tux to my wedding.

I wore them again recently with a burgundy suit and white shirt to a dinner with some friends. I think the black version is more versatile but I'd wear these in lieu of any other smoking slipper I guess.

shoes are loud and already doing a lot so i would wear something more toned down and let the loafs make a statement.
keep it simple.
Word. I’m looking to wear them casually. Just not sure of the fits. I’m guessing blue/ light brown/ white chinos, and maybe jeans.

Back
Top Bottom