Dressing better

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Murray497

I'm afraid you guys are going to scare away RFX. I appreciate his additions to this thread. He tries to find things right with a fit, while you just hate so hard on whatever you can. I Understand you don't agree, but dude has done so much, at least be civil and polite.

/rant
 Only reason he wrote all that is because Dior is on the tag of those jeans. He goes to bat for designer names. Just an honest observation and I believe others would concur.
Actually, the pants on the pic being discussed aren't Diors. 

I'm afraid you guys are going to scare away RFX. I appreciate his additions to this thread. He tries to find things right with a fit, while you just hate so hard on whatever you can. I Understand you don't agree, but dude has done so much, at least be civil and polite.

/rant

Only reason he wrote all that is because Dior is on the tag of those jeans. He goes to bat for designer names. Just an honest observation and I believe others would concur.

Back to regularly scheduled programming and the relative obscurity of my rss reader. Can't comment from there and maybe that's a good thing.
i disagree. RFX has posted everything from 1000 dollar sweaters  to 15 dollar H&M pants. He obviously has a passion for fashion - much more of a passion than me considering the amount of information he has. we have different aesthetics of what we like, but i KNOW he is not saying all he is saying just cos of the designer name. And i know this because he has talked about different pieces of less expensive clothing in like manner. 

Dumb late but Ksteezy u are missed my brother... I know you probably still checking the thread. I just wanted to let you know I was finally able to catch those Red Wings you put me on for 151 shipped from your J Crew great looks.... When dude told me they still had my size and i could use that 30% off thats going on now I almost did a flip....

Originally Posted by generaiya

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Generaiya is no expert when it comes to suits, but it looks like the shoulders don't hit you perfectly and the body is too tapered. Generaiya would return the suit.

Agree on all accounts ... i'll add the following. 
  • Find shirts with longer collar points. When you wear a jacket, you typically want your shirt collar to fit under your lapel. Gives for a cleaner look, unless you are going for a button down collar. 
  • The sleeves of your jacket has serious sleeve pitch issues. You can tell by looking inside the sleeve and as you can see the fabric folds over on itself instead of creating a cylindric shape around your arm. 
  • The purple tie is not great (being nice here). The design and color are no bueno. The blue pindot is nice though
Keep at it and keep posting for feedback and you'll be surprised at how far along you will come soon. 

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Dumb late but Ksteezy u are missed my brother... I know you probably still checking the thread. I just wanted to let you know I was finally able to catch those Red Wings you put me on for 151 shipped from your J Crew great looks.... When dude told me they still had my size and i could use that 30% off thats going on now I almost did a flip....

what happened to Ksteezy? I read something about him getting banned ... but why? I assume it had nothing to do with this thread. 

Originally Posted by dukeben18

Ended up buying the ESF in white and blue with the Ansley collar from Brooks Brothers
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatSectionView.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1059

The problem I am having is that they are too stiff! When i tuck them in the placket puckers like some bacon! Should I try washing them and heating them in the dryer to soften? I know this will probably ruin the non-iron feature but they are way to stiff to wear to work.

can anyone help me with the stiffness of the shirt? Nii?

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by soflyjedi

u guys dressin better for u or for girls?
hopefully for their jobs/careers
Contrarily. One should dress for the self. You career/job isn't your self and a common mistake in life is to identify your self with a mere occupation. The problem is we get dressed up for these billion dollar corporations like we have something to prove to them when the exact opposite holds true.

That dandy movement is in full effect bwoyyyyyyyyyyyy...I'm bout to show this society what a joke it really has become.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

/rant

Actually, the pants on the pic being discussed aren't Diors. 

Oh. Didn't know. Dior-inspired I guess...

Shouldn't have to come at an individual like that. My bad. I just get rss feeds for all the clothing threads on here, including high-end threads in sneaker showcase and a lot of the stuff is downright laughable. But it is LV or Gucci and bam! It's cool and worth 4 figures. I'm all for spending money on quality items( for example you pointed out a pair of meticulously crafted dress shoes a while back in one thread to demonstrate the relevancy of the pricing and I looked at them very closely and agreed) but some of the stuff in the high-end threads just baffles me. Using a designer to back up a point just irks me, tbh, and you bringing up Dior did just that. No hard feelings here.

HankMoody wrote:

Oh. Didn't know. Dior-inspired I guess...

Shouldn't have to come at an individual like that. My bad. I just get rss feeds for all the clothing threads on here, including high-end threads in sneaker showcase and a lot of the stuff is downright laughable. But it is LV or Gucci and bam! It's cool and worth 4 figures. I'm all for spending money on quality items( for example you pointed out a pair of meticulously crafted dress shoes a while back in one thread to demonstrate the relevancy of the pricing and I looked at them very closely and agreed) but some of the stuff in the high-end threads just baffles me. Using a designer to back up a point just irks me, tbh, and you bringing up Dior did just that. No hard feelings here.

No offense taken.
Jeans actually aren't Dior inspired either, more Julius or MA+.

Anyways, there is a reason I keep the higher end designer thread separate from this thread. I don't bring most of the stuff posted there in here unless it is some nice dress shoes or boots. That thread is all binge spending, no doubt about it. Like I said, luxury spending isn't something I see as reasonable. Sure a $50 Timex keeps time as well as a Rolex but we pay $5k for it (more on this topic later). I can't say I like everything that is posted in that thread but it is just to share a common interest. Kind of like my blog, it's for luxury sneakers, I post whatever I find that is new and interesting, I don't have to like it and I probably wouldn't buy it even on deep discount but I post it because it is there to show whats out there. In the high-end thread, if something looks bad, I state my opinion and move on and people tell me the same thing when they do not like what I got. It's been pretty civil in that thread for the most part. 

Back to spending some big bucks on clothing/shoes (designer or not), someone in another forum actually pointed out a good question that could start a good discussion here. I'd be interested to read what some of you thinks.

A more interesting question is why do so many people feel their car is a reflection of themselves, similar to how clothing is often viewed?

With clothing the link is far more direct since people will frequently mistake a perfect fitting, well styled outfit as being one in the same as the person wearing it. The psychologist J. C. Flugel even coined the term "confluence" to describe this phenomena of mistaking one's clothing as being an actual part of the person themselves. But with a car this association is far weaker.

Yet in American society most people spend hugely disproportionate amounts of their income on new cars every few years, and relatively little on clothing. If you spend a while watching the cars come and go in a parking lot, it is not difficult to spot $40,000+ new vehicles with the people getting out of them looking like they buy all their clothing form Walmart or Costco.

To the average American a $500 pair of shoes is an unthinkable level of luxury! (Recall the big deal made a couple years ago over John McCain's $500 shoes). Yet a $40,000 car is seen as very sensible to many or perhaps even a level of luxury that one deserves, never mind that $15,000 cars exist that might suit their transportation needs too.

How did we get this point? Why the difference?

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

back to the topic. anybody cop the slate blue clarks db from david z? i was thinkin bout coppin the navy or olive ones. but im holding out for the red ones supreme is dropping. 
I was going to get the slate blue ones last friday because I thought hype would make them sell fast. Thankfully I was wrong and I'll have an opportunity to go in store and see them first. It's tough to decide, all the colors you've mentioned are nice.

Back to spending some big bucks on clothing/shoes (designer or not), someone in another forum actually pointed out a good question that could start a good discussion here. I'd be interested to read what some of you thinks.

I think it's just a cultural thing. In America fashion is a feminine thing and cars are a masculine thing. A man into fashion is not considered masculine, this may be a self fulfilling prophecy since most notable male designers do not fit into the American image of masculinity.
In terms of stepping out of 'luxury' vehicles in Walmart clothing, that is almost exclusively a male issue. You rarely see that occur with women

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

what happened to Ksteezy? I read something about him getting banned ... but why? I assume it had nothing to do with this thread. 
I think he made an April Fools thread about someone dying. 

Yea he did a April Fools about Ninjahood dying I think... I wonder if he was suspended or completely Banned....

image-99FA_4DA5F264.gif

What on earth is this thread turning into???

I'll be back when our regularly scheduled program is up and running again.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Found me a charcoal pinstripe Nordstrom suit at Nordstrom Rack for $100 because it was already altered. someone had shortened the sleeves and hemmed the pants, but it fits me pretty well!

Thoughts on the color and pattern coordination? It's a lilac purple pinstripe shirt. tie is dark purple, and dark gray.  I wanna add a pocket square, but what color and/or pattern? I already have three patterns
laugh.gif
I think white might look best.

AMoLll.jpg
M5DEul.jpg

Wuxjcl.jpg

Can I pull this off with my suit?

3MHY5.png
NYo25.png

Critiques on EVERYTHING please.
I think that the suit may be a bit too fitted in the torso area for your body type. Thats a nice pocket square but since there is already a few pattern and color changes in your shirt/tie I'd just go with a solid white one if any. Its a nice suit though. I may have to hit up my local nordstrom rack for the come up. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by soflyjedi

u guys dressin better for u or for girls?
hopefully for their jobs/careers
For all of the above. One must dress to impress, whether its at work, or at the bar/club. Its all about dressing to impress, while also being comfortable in what you are wearing. 
So in my eyes, if its comfortable, and you are doing it for your own personal reasons, its still dressing for yourself, but also being presentable for work and also being nice on the eyes of the opposite sex. 

I roam my crib in huge sweats and hanes v necks though. And best believe I hit the gas station/grocery store with a pair of Airs on 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Aze201

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

back to the topic. anybody cop the slate blue clarks db from david z? i was thinkin bout coppin the navy or olive ones. but im holding out for the red ones supreme is dropping. 
I was going to get the slate blue ones last friday because I thought hype would make them sell fast. Thankfully I was wrong and I'll have an opportunity to go in store and see them first. It's tough to decide, all the colors you've mentioned are nice.
please, whe you are able to go can u give a review of the aforementioned colorways? thanks in advance
smokin.gif

Ended up buying the ESF in white and blue with the Ansley collar from Brooks Brothers
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatSectionView.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1059

The problem I am having is that they are too stiff! When i tuck them in the placket puckers like some bacon! Should I try washing them and heating them in the dryer to soften? I know this will probably ruin the non-iron feature but they are way to stiff to wear to work.

can anyone help me with the stiffness of the shirt? Nii?

the ones i have are relatively soft. i honestly cant remember them being hard from when i got them (been a while). maybe laundering them will get it to become softer. worth a try on one, and if it doesnt work, return them if they are too uncomfortable. 

What it do Dressing Better fam?Its been a while, here are some old & new things via the blog.

5618448108_ac3642e76f.jpg

-

5617865991_260c416bb6_z.jpg

-

5617866893_fe650e7ec2.jpg

5617885093_ca89d43faf.jpg

I've got some serious catching up to do.

@Ace

sharp fit with the maroon. I just thought I need a maroon v-neck too now....
But those shoes with your toes each individually? Keep those just for running and outdoor sports lol

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

@Ace

sharp fit with the maroon. I just thought I need a maroon v-neck too now....
But those shoes with your toes each individually? Keep those just for running and outdoor sports lol

best running shoes you will ever wear.

laugh.gif
@ eiddy. I love my my vibrams, dom knows what's up
pimp.gif
. They're some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

Back
Top Bottom