Dressing better

Originally Posted by irpstakid

So i picked up this coat...

104417KC_F09_DF.jpg

and I was wondering what type of shoes I should wear with it.

Also, what are your thoughts on wingtip tuxedo shirts vs point collar shirts?
Very nice
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

It's easy to find it on sale, just wait around the end of season sales.

If you can't wait, check out tresbienshop.net, they deduct 20% off from VAT so that is some discount right there.
RFX, would you be able to describe sizing for CP Achilles Low? Generaiya knows that a EU 45 would be a US 12, but do you size down for CPs?

Generaiya wears a 11-11.5 for Converse and Alden, and a 12 for Dunks and Jordans.

Also, what would would be a good price to pay for them when they are on sale? <$300? Thanks, in advance.

^general consensus is to size down. i wear a 9 in chucks and 10 in most nikes and was told to go with a 42 in CPs

Originally Posted by generaiya

It's easy to find it on sale, just wait around the end of season sales.

If you can't wait, check out tresbienshop.net, they deduct 20% off from VAT so that is some discount right there.
RFX, would you be able to describe sizing for CP Achilles Low? Generaiya knows that a EU 45 would be a US 12, but do you size down for CPs?

Generaiya wears a 11-11.5 for Converse and Alden, and a 12 for Dunks and Jordans.

Also, what would would be a good price to pay for them when they are on sale? <$300? Thanks, in advance.

Sizing Matrix: http://www.styleguise.net/forums/index.php?//page/shoe_sizing_guide.html/_/sneakers/

This is why you never trust stock photos for online stores and magazines.
tumblr_lkoifjiXCG1qzpm4oo1_500.jpg
eek.gif

Nice find man. I've always wondered if mags had the clothes tailored to the individual models since they always seem to fit so perfect. I feel bamboozled
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by hella handsome

30t6p3b.gif
Foul. *Shakes fist*

They do this on mannequins at the store too.  So blatant, but the don't seem to give a damn.

I noticed it a couple weeks ago after asking if Brooks Brothers carries any extra slim fit shirts in store, which the one closest to me doesn't.  I politely asked the salesperson why if they're trying to display such a well-fitting, slim appearance on display, they don't actually have any clothing in store that's representative of that.

Just bought my first 2 pair of chinos from Banana - a darker khaki and a gray. Generally, what styles of shoes look good w/ chinos and say a button up? I usually wear black/darker Vans with jeans but they don't seem to work as well with these chinos. Appreciate it, thanks

just like mannequins at stores. I'll be like that looks like it fits really well, then come to the back of it and see its full of exposed pins

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by hella handsome

30t6p3b.gif
Foul. *Shakes fist*

They do this on mannequins at the store too.  So blatant, but the don't seem to give a damn.

It's because all they care about is getting you into the store and see the customer traffic go up. So you see the mannquin and notice the clothes fit good. Go inside and check it out and you maybe disappointed seeing the clothes pinned in the back but they got you inside and there is a bigger chance you might buy something now. 

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

I noticed it a couple weeks ago after asking if Brooks Brothers carries any extra slim fit shirts in store, which the one closest to me doesn't.  I politely asked the salesperson why if they're trying to display such a well-fitting, slim appearance on display, they don't actually have any clothing in store that's representative of that.

Because the demographic for that store's selection is based on what sells the best.  I understand your point but keep in mind, BB has kept pretty true to its roots and natural styling for many years.  It's the beauty of merchandising.  It's about creating a desirable lifestyle.  It's the basis of fashion.  
Also, clothes look better on slimmer frames.

Decided to share a few of my recent outwear purchases with the Dressing Better thread.
I usually shop for Fall/Winter during the warm months.  Shopping off season is the best way to save major dollars.

Canvas/Leather Utility Bomber

Lambskin/Full Shearling Bomber

Canvas/Full Shearling Military Peacoat

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Because the demographic for that store's selection is based on what sells the best.  I understand your point but keep in mind, BB has kept pretty true to its roots and natural styling for many years.  It's the beauty of merchandising.  It's about creating a desirable lifestyle.  It's the basis of fashion.  
Also, clothes look better on slimmer frames.

I completely understand that, it is obvious that Brooks Brothers has adapted to some extent though with first slim fit shirts (which there now is nearly as much variety/selection as their classic fit shirts at this particular location) and most recently extra slim fit.  I just found it funny that if they carried ANY of the extra slim fit, the need to pin back/artificially tailor the clothes on the mannequin wouldn't be so severe.

Would have to see fit pics of that utility bomber but the other two look good, especially the shearling one..WOW
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom