Dressing better

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Why do people hate pleats so much? Because GQ told you to?
I'm thinking the same thing.
I think that pleats look very nice, especially on heavy wool pants.
Pleats are associated with older gentlemen, thats pretty well known. Not sure why you would think GQ has anything to do with that

Pleats are generally frowned upon because they add bulk, which most men these days just don't need.  They're associated with older men because of a time when pleats were stylish/the norm no matter what your shape, which means a lot guys wer wearing pleats when they did nothing for their form.  A guy with Bron's body doesn't have to worry about all of that, though - the pleats look great, kinda looks like a Gatsby throwback.

Quick question,

I remember a few heads in here picking these up when they dropped last fall/winter -

6153595054_7dc7df2322.jpg

Can anyone offer advice on sizing? Do they run big like most boots?

I've had to size down as much as 1 full size in regular wheat Timbs before, although likely would .5 size down now. Other boots I've purchased recently, however I've had to go true. Lookin for opinions before I pull the trigger.

Originally Posted by HHHornet15

For a tweed jacket, try your local thrift shop first. Just look for a harris tweed tag inside the jacket.

I picked up this Missoni x Target sweater today on impulse. Still on the fence about keeping it. Thoughts? (The right sleeve looks really scrunched but it fits fine I think)
The zig-zag lines are obnoxious. Unless loud things like that are your steez I'd return it. 

^ Agreed. I'm pretty simplistic when it comes to clothing.

This is just personal taste, but I don't like those front pockets, heh.

Whoever was looking for the boots that are similar to Desert Boots, but were too expensive. Urban Outfitters have a whole heap on their website for relatively cheap and in all different colors and styles. Worth a look.

Only one I disagree with - "Only wear a tie if you’re also wearing a suit or sportcoat (or, very casually, a sweater). Shirt, tie and no jacket is the wedding uniform of a nine-year-old."

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Might get a late pass, but the stylist for this complex mag photoshoot, did a hell of a job with Swizzy

pimp.gif
Well done... in terms of the editorial style pics/style.

Originally Posted by raburns04

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

I'm thinking the same thing.
I think that pleats look very nice, especially on heavy wool pants.
Pleats are associated with older gentlemen, thats pretty well known. Not sure why you would think GQ has anything to do with that

Pleats are generally frowned upon because they add bulk, which most men these days just don't need.  They're associated with older men because of a time when pleats were stylish/the norm no matter what your shape, which means a lot guys wer wearing pleats when they did nothing for their form.  A guy with Bron's body doesn't have to worry about all of that, though - the pleats look great, kinda looks like a Gatsby throwback.

skinny pleats.. 
glasses.gif
 good casual fridays type look.. got a pair similar to these
burberry-prorsum-granite-pleated-skinny-pants-product-1-1000256-982522402_full.jpeg

those skinny pleats look nice and a bit different, since no one wears 'em anymore.

too bad they're burberry prorsum
tired.gif

Too lazy to look through this whole thread. Recommend me some shoes that will look good in jeans. Nothing bulky like desert boots

laugh.gif

I actually was watering my grass before I left. I just figured people would ask why the concrete was wet, the hose, etc.

Definitely get some light colored khaki and navy chinos.. they're so comfortable and gives you a break from denim etc..

Back
Top Bottom