Dressing better

any own american eagle boat shoes ? i'm just looking for a cheap pair and these fit in my price range. how do they look are they really chunky ? iwould go to my local store to try them, but they are all sold out in my area so i can't see them in person. anyone have any pics with them on withjeans/shorts ? i wear straight leg jeans/pants, so if they are too chunky looking i prob will have to keep looking for a slimmer designed pair.

any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

aeboat.jpg

FYI stop referring to a shirt as a "button-down"

the term button down refers to shirts, or dress shirts, with a button-down collar.

for the record:

shirt = a button-front (or button-up) collared shirt

dress shirt = a more formal version of a shirt

t-shirt = t-shirt

button-down = a shirt with buttons on the collar

can anyone recommend me some short pants?

uniqlo had some but they are sold out and aren't getting replenishment's of them

in khaki preferably

can't have a short inseam though...my legs are too skinny to have my whole knee caps exposed 24/7

Originally Posted by 23kickz

any own american eagle boat shoes ? i'm just looking for a cheap pair and these fit in my price range. how do they look are they really chunky ? i would go to my local store to try them, but they are all sold out in my area so i can't see them in person. anyone have any pics with them on with jeans/shorts ? i wear straight leg jeans/pants, so if they are too chunky looking i prob will have to keep looking for a slimmer designed pair.

any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

aeboat.jpg

Those look like they're terrible quality. Just hit up Macy's. They usually have Sperry's on sale for ~$60 or lower.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Originally Posted by RFX45

Option D should never be an option, ever.

With that out fo the way, if it were white bucks, I would suggest a white belt.
However, I do understand that getting a brown belt is more versatile than white so on versatility alone, I pick option B.
That is a personal choice in which I believe is the best of all the choices you posted.

If you want a real casual belt though, that would/might match the white bucks a bit, option C might work with the canvas but I do not like the croc pattern.
I couldn't find a pic of my belt for Option C, but it's just plain brown and not croc. The color of the canvas is a little different than the color of the bucks so I might go with Option B.

laugh.gif
at the reaction to the last belt posted. To each his own and I like wearing the belt when I'm out in Chapel Hill.

dont sweat it bro. I have the argyle Carolina belt that Julians used to sell, its dope! Also, I have these, love to rock them after big wins!

unc-blue-mens-pants_large.jpg

usually with a white Polo buttonup and loafers
pimp.gif

past weekend my pristine white french cuff shirt met with an accident. can you guys recommend some places for nice french cuff shirts, im looking for the bestbang for your buck. not necessarily in white alone, i need 2-3 french cuff shirts in my business wardrobe. versatile color suggestions are welcome too. i dontknow if this question has been asked but its a long thread and i didnt feel like browsing all of it.

I think that UNC belt is fine to wear casually...I don't see any difference between that belt and a nautical themed one from Sperry. Those pants arepushing it, but like anything, if you wear it and own the style its all passable. There really is no hard and fast rule IMO. For example, that comment re:dudes shirt cuff...is really really nit picky. Adding a little more shirt cuff to a suit is a good way to add flare with out some orchestrated pocket square ortie bar...Sammy Davis Jr. did it all the time after all.

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Originally Posted by niidawg3
is your stuff tailored made? fits very well
I doubt it's made from scratch, but altered...jacket = sleeves, width taken in, pants = inseam, and maybe seat and waist. You cannot wearsuits off the rack 99.9% of the time. When you buy more expensive suits, the pants usually come in a long inseam of 34-35'' and the hem isunfinished...so that you can get it altered to your length. This is the theory behind designer denim too, that's why Diesel, R&R, etc. come in34'' inseam. But people don't know better and just wear them as is, ending up dragging on the floor looking super unsanitary.

Originally Posted by krider31

Im not sure.. so dont flame me for this.. but are Prada sneakers still in style?

No.

Ty - man they look like they would give a brother some foot blisters man. Keep up the good fits though my brother

Originally Posted by DaFittedKing

im not lookin for extra attention...i wanna be just like you
2enuqlz.jpg

pimp.gif
Quite possibly the best thing I've seen in this whole thread.

How much do those LV Belts cost?

LV >>>>>

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

young,

ive only tried on 514's so i cant really help compare to other levis. if your slim theyll look good though, ive never really liked levis but decided to go to the mall last night and try the 514s after reading this post. i liked them a lot. they dont look baggy, but dont look skinny either, perfect for casual wear. they wont look good unless your shirt fits right though.

what infamous said makes a lot of sense. i kept changing inbetween 30,30 and 30,32 last night and liked the 30,32 because they were a bit baggier like im used too but something just didnt look quite right. infamous nailed it, the narrow bottom doesnt work well with bunchup so you need the right length. however, the bottom was not too narrow for my likings, the bottom rested perfectly over my am90s and was not hugging my ankles or anything

Thats all i wear.
pimp.gif

Thoughts on wearing a vest with a gingham shirt?
In my mind I think it would look nice, but when trying it, I think it would be not so nice.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by sloanboy

is your stuff tailored made? fits very well
I doubt it's made from scratch, but altered...jacket = sleeves, width taken in, pants = inseam, and maybe seat and waist. You cannot wear suits off the rack 99.9% of the time. When you buy more expensive suits, the pants usually come in a long inseam of 34-35'' and the hem is unfinished...so that you can get it altered to your length. This is the theory behind designer denim too, that's why Diesel, R&R, etc. come in 34'' inseam. But people don't know better and just wear them as is, ending up dragging on the floor looking super unsanitary.
wj4 is right ... i spend quite a bit on alterations. i do however have a couple mtm suits (made to measure), but overall i think its a waste ofmoney and would rather scour deals otr (off the rack) and then have my tailor fit them to my specifications.

lol @ the jeans comment. so true.

Originally Posted by 5tan

Thoughts on wearing a vest with a gingham shirt?
In my mind I think it would look nice, but when trying it, I think it would be not so nice.

Thoughts?

thats a nice look if done right. i think there is a picture somewhere on NT of lebron rocking a black/white ginham with a black vest and a black tie. verysharp.

Originally Posted by wj4

Macy's is having decent sale on the rack for dressier shoes. I got this CK wing tips for $52 taxed.

very very nice ... please check your pm.

wj4 - i ended up finding these online last night for 48 at amazon. applied for their credit card - saved 30 and paid 18
pimp.gif

closed the card ASAP though ... lol.

i'm

Originally Posted by NY Denim Seller

2enuqlz.jpg

pimp.gif

LV >>>>>
the sad thing is i know you're not joking

Originally Posted by infamousod

FYI stop referring to a shirt as a "button-down"

the term button down refers to shirts, or dress shirts, with a button-down collar.

for the record:

shirt = a button-front (or button-up) collared shirt

dress shirt = a more formal version of a shirt

t-shirt = t-shirt

button-down = a shirt with buttons on the collar

indifferent.gif
thats exactly i said/meant. What other shorts are there that aremore formal? anything else besides cargos only goes to the top of my knee lol. btw i love vans boat shoe
pimp.gif

Ignore the goofy looking face - wifey was cracking me up:

suit is
pimp.gif
props. how much does it run to alter a suit to fit like this?and when i take my suit to get altered is it best to just bring in a picture of how i want it to fit?

post #4000... (posts in this thread)

and i gotta put up some of my tailored suites, NT had a whole "upscale" side i didnt know about...

and that yeezy/LV belt combo.. straight
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Originally Posted by NY Denim Seller

2enuqlz.jpg

pimp.gif

LV >>>>>
the sad thing is i know you're not joking

QFT

the belt is dope. whats the retail price tag?

Back
Top Bottom