Dressing better

^ Thats wat i wanna know, and whatsup with them used beat up lookin boots?
laugh.gif

everybody jumpin on them gnarly boots over here..

I was feelin to get some when i saw Colin Farrel rockin some on Jonathan Ross
glasses.gif
laugh.gif
but now i see 15yr olds sportin the economy joints so ima give it a miss
smh.gif

When it comes to boots, nothing will avert my attention from the hood classic Timberland 6". Those and Vasque Sundowners will perhaps, be the only bootsto grave my feet, ever.

I've got a pair of wheat Tims and black Sundowners fresh for the fall/winter.

c0nf0cal is right. If you're in a "power meeting" and you're splitting hairs about how much cuff you should show, you're probably notgoing to do well. Whether you dress in a more modern way or like a dinosaur, that sort of situation requires confidence... which stems from more than just yourshirt cuff. Actually, if you did dress in a contemporary manner and performed well in the meeting, you'd probably be taken as being more confident becauseyou're breaking the norm and still 'powerful.' As opposed to looking like somebody who is just following a guidebook of corporate behavior.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

c0nf0cal is right. If you're in a "power meeting" and you're splitting hairs about how much cuff you should show, you're probably not going to do well. Whether you dress in a more modern way or like a dinosaur, that sort of situation requires confidence... which stems from more than just your shirt cuff. Actually, if you did dress in a contemporary manner and performed well in the meeting, you'd probably be taken as being more confident because you're breaking the norm and still 'powerful.' As opposed to looking like somebody who is just following a guidebook of corporate behavior.
Yeah, dressing 'better' is just a preference. There are tons of vets out there in all fields who are good at what they do, but don'tcare about the finer details, ie just wear suits off the rack or what have you. As I stated, dressing nice opens the door, your altitude/knowledge keep thedoor from slamming shut.

Thanks for the feedback on the sleeve lengths. Didnt know they would cause such a rah-rah. As you can see most of my other suit sleeve lengths are fine. Thatwas an intentional choice to buck against the norm. I'm off to the tailor to get it lengthened ... lol. Dont want NT fashionistas getting all emotional...

fits from the holiday through today:
Today:

Monday:

Friday:

Originally Posted by omgitswes

why is every single pair of boots that i see that i want cost over 300 dollars

Those W&H boots are way too overpriced retailing for around $700-$900.
If you want a similar boot, check out your local Nordstrom and if they carry Paul Smith.
They have the Ricards on sale for less than $300.
I got my Alden Indy's for less than $300 as well. They are $320 at Shermanbrothers and they usually have a 10% off discount so that bumps it down to lessthan $300.
Be aware though, the sizing can get complicated.

Originally Posted by Man E

I've been following this thread for sometime, some good stuff too, these are a bit expensive but I'd like to share: Quote: Fresh from the workshop, the Wings + Horns X Dayton Service Boot is back, but in brown! These bad boys are in a new oiled cowhide that will age beautifully and stand up to whatever the elements throw at them. These boots have the same impeccable craftsmanship as any Dayton boot, they've been soaked to give them their distinct shape, and lightly distressed by hand for a well worn look. $798 CAD.
for them ugly *#* boots?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

Originally Posted by Man E

I've been following this thread for sometime, some good stuff too, these are a bit expensive but I'd like to share: Quote: Fresh from the workshop, the Wings + Horns X Dayton Service Boot is back, but in brown! These bad boys are in a new oiled cowhide that will age beautifully and stand up to whatever the elements throw at them. These boots have the same impeccable craftsmanship as any Dayton boot, they've been soaked to give them their distinct shape, and lightly distressed by hand for a well worn look. $798 CAD.
for them ugly *#* boots?
roll.gif
i know rite. Thats some damn louies
laugh.gif

^^^
They are nice boots and believe me, those sold out quick even at that price.
There was a long waiting list before it even came out.
The quality is great, trust me. It looks good too, I guess it is an acquired taste.

It's the style. The same way some people here wouldn't be caught wearing shorts that ends above their knees.
The same way some people will never be caught wearing Timbs.
It is just a choice and those boots looks good to some people.

If I want to spend close to $1k on some shoes, I would rather get those boots than the LV x Kanye.

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

I think they look good, but not for that price.
Same. When i saw the 1st "beat up" picture, I wasn't so sure. the picture of him wearing them changed my mind on them. Just notfor that price for me.
laugh.gif

I love this thread though, gives me insight on new stuff to bring to the office; to bad I'm working an unpaid internship and too broke to buy half thestuff i want too.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Thanks for the feedback on the sleeve lengths. Didnt know they would cause such a rah-rah. As you can see most of my other suit sleeve lengths are fine. That was an intentional choice to buck against the norm. I'm off to the tailor to get it lengthened ... lol. Dont want NT fashionistas getting all emotional...

Monday:
Nice fits, as usual - I'm loving this shirt/tie/square combination, and your dimple is fantastic - half-windsor? my bf's knots are alwaysway too large (imo)

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

laugh.gif
, is that you in that avy gnarmyroly?
roll.gif

I dont even know why, but this has me rollin. I'm just imagining a dude lookin like that having the audacity to come in and interject style advise.

those boots are awesome. i love the distressed look. no way i would pay 800 canuck bucks for them though.

i do own distressed cowboy boots though.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom