Dressing better

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by awwsome

Does anybody know where i can cop some Comme De Garcon Play besides doverstreetmarket.com?

I see alot on ebay but i'm sure it's fake...

http://www.commedesgarcon....net/en/grp/play-men.php .

773446.jpg

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

black suede is in my bin already..

pondering the light brown or chocolate brown also..

Dark browns more versatile. Plus summer is ending so the light brown might not get much use. Or just buy all 3 and save yourself the headache of deciding.

Went with the dark brown, and blacks.. Had to search Google for a few more pics to make my final decision.

What kinda suede cleaner you use RFX??

Originally Posted by seanyboyy

I saw those boat shoes too. Loved the color/aging of them but I wasn't really feeling the pins. They were probably all gone by the time I decided whether I wanted them or not anyways.
you could always throw laces in them

but if you needed them in 9.5 they were gone in a second anyways in the navy

GILT can be frustrating like that.
I was there on the spot when the sale started and almost everything was on a "members cart."
I really wanted the baseball jacket and several shirts but it was picked clean of the good stuff within seconds.
Reminds me of trying to buy Jordans through Eastbay at midnight a year or so ago.
right, sometimes it seems like they only have 1 of each size stocked

i ended up getting the Richard Chai cropped pea coat even though i don't like how it's banded at the waist and collar...also the pleating on the back

Originally Posted by airboy23

are these considered square toes? RFX??

feedback anybody? :/ only mixed reviews in styleforum. But then again styleforum is full of nitpicky individuals.

RFX killing it. I want those Lanvins (in grey with red outline).

Anyway boat shoes with flat soles are whats up. This is what I just got...

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-3.png
iog32d.jpg

moz-screenshot-2.png

sb7d6d.jpg

rbic8p.jpg

feedback anybody? :/ only mixed reviews in styleforum. But then again styleforum is full of nitpicky individuals.

Sorry but the shoe just isn't very good looking. It is not as square as I thought but it is still pretty square.
No offense but the shoe justisn;t doing much for me.

Evan, are those Sperry's? Goes very well with the Lacoste sweater.

Lilpro, I honestly do not have a suede cleaner. I do not have enough suede shoes, or at least wear it enough, that I had to clean it as of yet.
I just have a soft horse hair brush that I use to gently brush my leather shoes once in a while and that is pretty much it.
Check out Allen Edmonds, they have a suede protector that will probably help a lot.
AE's shoe care products are regarded very well with dress shoes so it should work well with Claes as well.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

how do J Crew hoodies fit?
if I wear a large in their shirts would a large hoodie work?
same for their cardigans.

fitted like the rest of their clothing......wear a L...

i've never liked shoes with heavy rubber welts like that, i prefer them to be stitched or cemented. it's the only way for a lower, more tapered shapeto look appropriate. just a shoe that doesn't appeal to me.

as for suede, you can get a small cleaning block that works very effectively. works like a very light sandpaper and can make a big improvement withoutdiscolouring or pilling. i have never had much luck with suede protector sprays, so i just choose to leave them raw and be careful with them.

Sorry but the shoe just isn't very good looking. It is not as square as I thought but it is still pretty square.
No offense but the shoe justisn;t doing much for me.

Evan, are those Sperry's? Goes very well with the Lacoste sweater.

Lilpro, I honestly do not have a suede cleaner. I do not have enough suede shoes, or at least wear it enough, that I had to clean it as of yet.
I just have a soft horse hair brush that I use to gently brush my leather shoes once in a while and that is pretty much it.
Check out Allen Edmonds, they have a suede protector that will probably help a lot.
AE's shoe care products are regarded very well with dress shoes so it should work well with Claes as well.

Yep and thanks.

Is there anywhere I can get some nice looking dark brown dress shoes for like $40-50? Or should I just spend a little more to get a better quality shoe?I'm looking for something that looks similar to the pic below. Thanks.

11uvpmf.jpg

^^^ Those are nice but for a $500+ shoes made of nylon... I think I'll pass.

bbllplaya23, the jacket on the left is by Paul Smith.
Currently $325 Euros at the Paul Smith UK Website.

Question for the fashion gurus in here. I'll be starting law school next week and I need to get a nice go to suit. I'm leaning towards a darkgrey/charcoal as I've heard black is too formal for most law school or networking events. I'm kinda small (5'7, 140 lbs) so off the rack probablywon't work for me, even tailored. What are some good options for less than a grand? I appreciate any feedback

^^^
For your height, I would imagine your a 36s? It won't be easy finding suits for your size.
I woulg suggest going with Thick as Thieves if you have times to wait.
http://www.thickasthievesla.com/ .
They pretty much make a suit in your own specification and made to measure for your size.
They are also reasonable priced and your $1k budget could stretch to add a pair of shoe and several dress shirts and tie with the suit from TaT.

^ Yeah I know, especially because I can't see them in person or try them on anywhere near me. But then I look at them and think !$*$ it

Crud, gave in on the GILT sale.
Bought a BoO shirt (it'll be my first BoO shirt) to give it a try.
Also gave in on a pair of pants and a zip jacket from Converse by JV.

Nobody messing with Clarks Desert Boots?

I personally like them more than alot of the more expensive options listed in here.

A lot of people here have been trying to get Clarks DB's.
I own a pair of black suede DB's from BR and love it.
JKissi wears them all the time too.

Just read through a few pages and someone will mention the Clarks DB's for sure, you can't miss it.

Back
Top Bottom