Dressing better

a few from Church's spring '10 lineup :

churchs-spring-2010-031.jpg

churchs-spring-2010-041.jpg

churchs-spring-2010-061.jpg

churchs-spring-2010-08.jpg

Nildawgs outfits look great. I can't see myself pulling off suit jackets with matching pants for at least a couple years though
laugh.gif
I don't work in anenvironment where I'd have to dress up like that plus I don't think I'd be mentally comfortable dressed like that just yet. For those of you thattook it to the next level and have matching pants and suit jackets, around what age or period in your life did you make that transition?

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by bns1201

^^fresh

can we start having a dressing better with a budget?

this thread makes me salty and my pockets are broke as hell
laugh.gif
Nii gets his stuff on sale as well. The only baller here is RFX with his $1,000 sneakers and $10,000 wrist watches.
laugh.gif

Right now is the perfect time to buy summer gear...I see boat shoes on sale for $30-40, shorts for around $20-30, etc.

I'm not a baller.
laugh.gif

Don't I get credit for wearing H&M and Levis jeans?

Dressing better really isn't about money, I don't want people to think that and that is why I try to strictly post most of my pickups in the high-endthreads.
I mean those Levis trousers were $35-$40 and the Ben Sherman & Hugo Boss shirts were all on sale at Macys for $30-$45 at Macys and Nordstrom Rack.
Some of my stuff also came from GILT so there are ways to to budget your clothes pickup.
Most people here also tries to post deals and coupons here so just keep a look out and you can find a great deal here.

And Niidawg, I like your confidence, I don't think you could have pulled off that plaid blazer without. You found a way to make it work, nice touch on thegreen pocket square too.

^RFX how do you size your belts? I'm a 34 waist...does that mean a 36 belt? I'm buying online, I've always only tried them on in-store.

Belts really has to be tried on. It seems like every belt company out there has a different belt sizing.
That is another reason I do not buy belts online, especially if there isn't a brick & mortar store I could return it to.
It will depend on the brand really, that is why I like Ferragamo belts, you can often adjust it yourself.
I can often buy Ferragamos on sale in big sizes, like 44 but since most doesn't know you can cut them and adjust them.

For the most part though, I try to get my waist size though but the best advice is just try them on.
I'm a 29 waist (maybe even 28, not sure) and I often get a size 30.

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

RFX,

I know you're a boot fanatic..and i'm just starting to look into it..

just a quick question..do you think these boots can be pulled off with jeans?
v6opeg.jpg

these are by Stacy Adams and it's only $100. Hows the brand? I personally never heard of it...but like i said, i'm just starting to get into boots. haha
What Stacy Adam's boots are these? also, where are they for 100?

Dang 6'10''.....that's an automatic ticket to the NBA, dude!

Nii - I remember you mentioning in the past saying that you look for deals.

A lot of nice ties at J. Crew on sale for $15 right now. Picked up a pair of navy corduroys from there today for $40.

For the next 3 Wednesdays, BR is having a 40% off one full price item. They told me this after I bought a pair of leather gloves at full price. Going to returnit on Wednesday and buy it again with the discount.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Dang 6'10''.....that's an automatic ticket to the NBA, dude!

Nii - I remember you mentioning in the past saying that you look for deals.

A lot of nice ties at J. Crew on sale for $15 right now. Picked up a pair of navy corduroys from there today for $40.

For the next 3 Wednesdays, BR is having a 40% off one full price item. They told me this after I bought a pair of leather gloves at full price. Going to return it on Wednesday and buy it again with the discount.
laugh.gif

At all BR's or is this just a local thing?

At all BR's, there's a coupon with rip-able stubs for every Wednesday for the month. You just gotta ask for one.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by bns1201

^^fresh

can we start having a dressing better with a budget?

this thread makes me salty and my pockets are broke as hell
laugh.gif
Nii gets his stuff on sale as well. The only baller here is RFX with his $1,000 sneakers and $10,000 wrist watches.
laugh.gif

Right now is the perfect time to buy summer gear...I see boat shoes on sale for $30-40, shorts for around $20-30, etc.

I'm not a baller.
laugh.gif

Don't I get credit for wearing H&M and Levis jeans?

Dressing better really isn't about money, I don't want people to think that and that is why I try to strictly post most of my pickups in the high-end threads.
I mean those Levis trousers were $35-$40 and the Ben Sherman & Hugo Boss shirts were all on sale at Macys for $30-$45 at Macys and Nordstrom Rack.
Some of my stuff also came from GILT so there are ways to to budget your clothes pickup.
Most people here also tries to post deals and coupons here so just keep a look out and you can find a great deal here.

And Niidawg, I like your confidence, I don't think you could have pulled off that plaid blazer without. You found a way to make it work, nice touch on the green pocket square too.
Dude, you just dropped $10,000 on a watch! I still don't have the guts to pull the trigger on an Omega yet, and the one I want is half of the10 G's.
laugh.gif

Always a pleasure niidawg. I thought I took a picture but I screwed up the camera setting and it was ultra blurry.
Was feeling nice this week so I put all the Claes on sale for half off. if you have paypal I cna help you out.
IMG_1893.jpg

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Always a pleasure niidawg. I thought I took a picture but I screwed up the camera setting and it was ultra blurry.
Was feeling nice this week so I put all the Claes on sale for half off. if you have paypal I cna help you out.
IMG_1893.jpg
what sizes are they?

Originally Posted by wj4

For the next 3 Wednesdays, BR is having a 40% off one full price item. They told me this after I bought a pair of leather gloves at full price. Going to return it on Wednesday and buy it again with the discount.
laugh.gif
So, I need a coupon for this? And, it's for any item, just one, for one customer? Does that mean I can walk in and out, and continue to buystuff?
laugh.gif

I'm confused.

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif
So, I need a coupon for this? And, it's for any item, just one, for one customer? Does that mean I can walk in and out, and continue to buy stuff?
laugh.gif

I'm confused.
Yes, you need a coupon for it. But it's given out to people who walk into the store. The coupon says 40% off ONE full price item, meaninganything that's not on sale. I'm not sure how lenient your local BR is. If you have access to 100 of these coupons, you can use it 100 times.

So wearing small jeans...long sleeve shirts with vests and a bow tie and just plain odd looking shoes is called dressing better?????

Ah well.......Guess i "Cant dress"

Peace

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

So wearing small jeans...long sleeve shirts with vests and a bow tie and just plain odd looking shoes is called dressing better?????

Ah well.......Guess i "Cant dress"

Peace
Not an automatic recipe for dressing better, but more often than not, yes, IMO. Said outfit would be considered timeless, as opposed to trendy. Ithink that is pretty much all there is to dressing better.

No dis to trends as I am guilty of sheep-like behavior myself.

Originally Posted by wj4

For the next 3 Wednesdays, BR is having a 40% off one full price item.

They got this going on in Canada too, they also sent me a coupon for money off my purchase (you don't know how much till the cashier scans it)

Originally Posted by frankbink5

Originally Posted by wj4

For the next 3 Wednesdays, BR is having a 40% off one full price item.

They got this going on in Canada too, they also sent me a coupon for money off my purchase (you don't know how much till the cashier scans it)
I got those before. The cashier knew me so she used to ring up each item separately so I would get the most coupons. I never got more than $15off.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by donjuan513

IMG_1893.jpg
emailed you my dude.

Back
Top Bottom