Dressing better

Ha. The picture was towards the end of the night, the tie had to be loosened up a bit.

I'm a big fan of J.Crew as well.

I hope the thread doesn't go downhill with flames for that picture. But on a serious note, your belt is too big, it wraps halfway around you. And yourjeans are too small, man. It looks like it's a bootcut and is dragging on the floor, should get that tapered so they don't drag as you walk. Lookslike you're in middle school or HS so that's not too bad I suppose.

Man, the Loehman's around me is terrible. They share the same parking lot as In N Out so you better come during day time when it's not busy to get aparking spot. And the men's department is lacking severely. They had some nice D&G jeans though, too bad they were 26 sizes too big for me.

Originally Posted by NO ESCAPIN THIS

Jeans and Ties = the corniest look ever . You're not in a boy band , stop . Maybe you should consider a bra and some jeans that fit .

grin.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

I hope the thread doesn't go downhill with flames for that picture. But on a serious note, your belt is too big, it wraps halfway around you. And your jeans are too small, man. It looks like it's a bootcut and is dragging on the floor, should get that tapered so they don't drag as you walk. Looks like you're in middle school or HS so that's not too bad I suppose.

Man, the Loehman's around me is terrible. They share the same parking lot as In N Out so you better come during day time when it's not busy to get a parking spot. And the men's department is lacking severely. They had some nice D&G jeans though, too bad they were 26 sizes too big for me.

Loehmann's by my area used to be so good. Theory, Ben Sherman's, D&G, Versace, Hugo Boss, AG Jeans, Prada, Juicy, etc... Now the men's sectionis filled with DKNY and horrible TR's and SFAM. But they still have that gem once in a while, as usual, it is about timing.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

these are pretty similar to the ones posted above...just wayyyyyy cheaper.

6219-651767-d.jpg

http://www.6pm.com/n/p/p/7558235/c/7911.html
The thing is, they look way cheaper also. Not that I'd buy the ones I posted(well i would if i was ballin like that or if it's on sale). But there is no comparison in terms of a pair of shoes from Trickers and a department store brand like Rockport. It's all in the details and theres a very good reason why Trickers are priced the way they are along with several other made in England shoe companies and why people are willing to pay those prices.
Originally Posted by tml09

http://www.shoebuy.com/ka...4-wool-cap/229166/491822

Whats the word on these hats (I believe they are called "flat caps")?

Top coats?

http://www5.jcpenney.com/...p;cmPosID=1&CmCatId=

I'm thinking about buying some of those Desert boots. At first I thought they were hideous, but they are growing on me. How do they run?
1. That looks like a drivers cap.

2. Stafford is terrible. They are made to fit big burly dudes. That coat is on sale but I wouldn't even pay $10.00 for it. If you want a good looking, affordable, well fitting topcoat, check out H&M, Club Monaco, Banana Republic. I really like this one from Mackage:

zoom.php
zoom.php

zoom.php
zoom.php

Really like the removable knit collar.
http://www.mackage.com/app/webroot/...re=M&coll=fall08&cat=woolsm&dets=neil&detsc=7

3. They run big, size down at least 1 whole size.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
that looks nice but the price
sick.gif

Even though people associate hypebeast with streetwear it's not limited to that.

Just look at stuff like they posted today, Band of Outsiders, hypebeast friendly and still fresh.

band-of-outsiders-ss09-07.jpg

Originally Posted by FlipMastaJay

Are there other brands of shirts that fit similar to Band of Outsiders but cheaper?

No such thing really exist, not for a cheaper price at least. The Ben Sherman Soho Fit comes close though, not the same quality but BS can be found on saleoften. By sizing down, a size small in Rugby fits a Medium in BoO, but it is EXTRA LONG compared to BoO. But getting it shortened for less than $10 isn'tbad. The Rugby shirts also feels softer than most BS shirts. Both good shirts for the price I pay for them though. The pic I posted, 5 BS shirt and 5 Rugbyshirts totaled about $250-$260 including shipping, which is about the price of a single BoO shirt.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by FlipMastaJay

Are there other brands of shirts that fit similar to Band of Outsiders but cheaper?

No such thing really exist, not for a cheaper price at least. The Ben Sherman Soho Fit comes close though, not the same quality but BS can be found on sale often. By sizing down, a size small in Rugby fits a Medium in BoO, but it is EXTRA LONG compared to BoO. But getting it shortened for less than $10 isn't bad. The Rugby shirts also feels softer than most BS shirts. Both good shirts for the price I pay for them though. The pic I posted, 5 BS shirt and 5 Rugby shirts totaled about $250-$260 including shipping, which is about the price of a single BoO shirt.

Ahhh i figured nothing fits like BoO for cheaper. Thanks for the quick answer and recommendations.

Originally Posted by PghShoeCollector

Has anyone ordered a suit off of Thick as Thieves?

I got one. Ended up cost $528 shipped because I got Herringbone Tweed

Originally Posted by rcdp

Originally Posted by PghShoeCollector

Has anyone ordered a suit off of Thick as Thieves?

I got one. Ended up cost $528 shipped because I got Herringbone Tweed
Care to offer any pics? Where did you get measured or did you do it yourself?

Damn $45 for ben sherman?? There were a bunch at loehmanns for 15 dollars. They're usually around 30 or less at filenes basement or loehmanns. Theyre notthat great, IMO. I considered buying at 15 but they didn't really appeal to me that much.

NT I need some help out here. does anybody know where to get this button ups
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
, need a couples of these in a few colors, both short and longsleeve... the short sleeves ones with some type of design or some, not plain.. but as for the long sleeve ones would rather plain... thanks in advance
wink.gif

0a425c6e4133ffb58c08508aa068fe95ace6390.pjpg
05815be032f78b88a2ffd7f9f3546e4af750b0c.pjpg

I have a very similar shirt made by Ben Sherman. It was from 6 months ago though so it may be difficult to find.
With quick research, UrbanOutfitters or RevolveClothing may help you find what you are looking for:

Urban Outfitters

Revolve Clothing

I'm going to wear a tux pretty soon and im wondering should they fit like how suits were posted from GQ?
Can anyone provided nice pictures of people in tuxedos. What i meant from the suits from GQ is that they're all pretty slender and slim fitted making themlooking nice.

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

I'm going to wear a tux pretty soon and im wondering should they fit like how suits were posted from GQ?
Can anyone provided nice pictures of people in tuxedos. What i meant from the suits from GQ is that they're all pretty slender and slim fitted making them looking nice.

To be honest, just check out some pictures of the recent Academy Awards.
There are usually well dressed men there that you could take some hints from.
A good classic look:
brad-pitt-oscar-red-carpet-022209-lg.jpg

Same classic look with a peak lapel:
robert-pattinson-oscars-red-carpet-02209-lg-20450025.jpg

Different lapel:
daniel-craig-2009-oscars-022209-lg-70612550.jpg

Other than the option of substituting the bow-tie with a regular black tie, you can't really go wrong with any of those.

Nothing wrong with a cumberbun or a vest, I personally prefer to go simple without those and probably no belt either.

Back
Top Bottom