Dressing better

Originally Posted by illphillip

Hey guys,

I'm 5'8, 170 or so on the low end. Closer to 180 on norm maybe.

I'm a naturally stocky guy. The thing is that I'm pretty big in the thigh area, which is what can make jeans tough to size.

I was going to try 501's. When I looked at them, they looked small in the thigh.

Thanks donjuan. I'll check those. What about APC? I know mad cats who wear True Religion, but not feeling the craziness on the back pockets.

I welcome any and all suggestions. Thanks for the help so far all.
501's are pretty much a straight leg jean. I never got the impression that they were small in the thigh (but I've only tried STF 501'sin the past..)

If you're looking at APC, you'll want to try the Rescues. They have the most room out of all the cuts APC offers.

This probably isn't the thread for it, but I'm sure someone can help me, anyway.

What model Vans are these? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

5370986_04

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Does anyone know where to get low-profile socks? The kind where it doesn't show at all?

I think I saw some pairs at J.Crew but I'm looking for options.
nerd.gif

are you talking about "footies"....Journeys sells the white ones, thats what I use for wearing my Sperrys and stuff. They work perfectly. Theyliterally just cover the heel enough to stay on, and they cover your toes about 2 inches up the top of the foot

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by manamazing55

in terms of versatility and more every day wear, what do you guys think of these for wearing with jeans, button ups, polos, sweaters etc etc?? (the pics were too big to post)

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/shoes/sneakers/73650936-cheltenham/97

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/shoes/sneakers/75444837-buchinsky/12

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/shoes/sneakers/75509987-freije/11

can someone post some casual shoes if you dont like these?

Those Aldo shoes aren't bad but I think you are being too thrifty with those choices.
They are practically blatant rip-off of Paul Smith and Lanvin. You are better off with a pair of Jack Purcells.
Get some low profile JP's:
112087_l.jpg

On other news, APC just released a new work boot.
It's actually just a new colorway, it is pretty much similar to the Alden Indy's in black.
apc-work-boots.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Does anyone know where to get low-profile socks? The kind where it doesn't show at all?

I think I saw some pairs at J.Crew but I'm looking for options.
nerd.gif

Search for loafer socks.
Great, thanks. Now I actually know what they're called
laugh.gif

are these what you are looking for?

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=10865&vid=1&pid=555740&scid=555740002

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

can anyone tell me how allen edmonds shoes fit?

i wear a 9.5 or 10 in nikes.. thanks in advance

anyone?

i have a question on tailoring jeans/pants

i recently bought two pairs of jeans

my normal size is 29..but i picked up a 30 instead...because they were so cheap ($ 40) ..originally 129.99

so im wondering is it worth it to spend another 30 bucks getting the waist altered by 1 inch? will it make a difference in the way the jeans look? i am happywith the fit in the leg...but the waist is a bit roomy and i am worried the waist will stretch more after i wear the jeans bc it is 11% polyester...so idk..imdebating whether or not i should tailor them...will just wearing a belt be good enough?

any advice or info on this
thanks

4153827978_49f426eedd.jpg

+J striped shirt, GAP corduroy trousers, cheap brown belt, Paul Smith Bihar boots

It's cold out and I forgot my jacket.
laugh.gif
I really like the fit of the corduroy. Kind of similar to Levi's 514 but the leg is slightly more tapered.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

This probably isn't the thread for it, but I'm sure someone can help me, anyway.

What model Vans are these? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

5370986_04

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png

eek.gif
these are clean any info
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

dude's lucky he posted that in this thread where not a lot of general checks.

or someone could make a thread for the lulz

laugh.gif

Sorry to laugh but your head does look PSed on the body.
I didn't know there was blue cords at GAP though.

GQ's 10 best American work boots:

Red Wing for J.Crew

Red Wing's classic Irish Setter boot was first introduced back in '52. You can troll eBay for an original pair; or just pop down to J.Crew, wherethey've been reintroduced, complete with the original logo and label.
$325, available at www.jcrew.com
boot-redwing-jcrew.jpg

Red Wing

Red Wing's newest model keeps things fresh with a two-color body and a dapper cap toe.
$230, for store locations, visit www.rwleatherboots.com
boot-redwing.jpg

Billykirk x Sebago

Brother-designers Chris and Kirk Bray of Billykirk put their spin on a classic dock-worker's shoe from Sebago to create these rough-and-ready boots.
$207, available at Urban Outfitters, (800) 202-2200, and at www.billykirk.com
boot-sebago.jpg

Steve Madden

These 10-hole monsters might be a commitment to lace all the way up; but at less than $200, they're not a commitment to buy.
$160, available at Steve Madden, www.stevemadden.com
boot-steve-madden.jpg

Cole Haan

Cole Haan's Brandon Moc boot is shearling-lined and canvas-detailed, but the part you'll like best is the part you can't see: the cushioningsupport of Nike Air technology in the heel.
$278, available at Cole Haan, www.colehaan.com
boot-cole-haan.jpg

Timberland

When you think boots, you think Timberland. These remind you that, yeah, there's a damn good reason for that.
$160, available at www.timberland.com
boots-timberland.jpg

Bed Stu

These boots are inspired by the street style of Bed Stuy, Brooklyn, the neighborhood that brought you Chris Rock, Spike Lee, and The Notorious B.I.G.
$120, available at select Nordstrom stores, www.nordstrom.com
boot-bedstu.jpg

Mulholland

Mullholland's lug-soles come in a lighter, richer Cognac brown than most, a fact you'll appreciate when the snow, the streets, and just abouteverything else has turned to muddy, dull-brown slush.
$295, available at www.mulhollandsf.com
boot-mullholland.jpg

Chippewa

Chippewa boots have been getting Wisconsiners through the winter since 1901.
$159, available in March at www.zappos.com
boot-chippewa.jpg

Artful Dodger

Don't start cueing up the Oliver! soundtrack. Despite its name, this British-founded, Jay-Z owned brand is a hell of a lot tougher than musical theater.
$265, available at select Nordstrom stores, and www.endless.com
boot-artful-dodger.jpg

Know How to Boot Up In Style

• Go ahead and rock a sports jacket, but it should be as durable and hardy as your boots.

• Tie? Sure. But like the jacket, keep it wintry and woolly.

• Slacks, trousers? Not so much. Stick with jeans-and don't be afraid to roll 'em up and show off your boots.

Boots, $270, by Red Wing Shoes. Wool cashmere sports jacket, $945, by Neil Barrett. Shirt, $400, by Michael Bastian. Tie, $85, by Emporio Armani. Jeans, $95,by Polo Ralph Lauren. Belt by John Varvatos. Watch by Omega.
winter-wardrobe-2009-02.jpg

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

laugh.gif

dude's lucky he posted that in this thread where not a lot of general checks.

or someone could make a thread for the lulz
laugh.gif
I'm not trippin, i think the photo is funny too. Iwouldn't have posted that pic if i wasn't comfortable with it. All the other attempted photos made me look like a lifeless robot so I just went withsomething that looked a bit more human. I really do have a neck though, honest
ohwell.gif

Meangene4 - It might be the lighting. The shirt's really not as blue as it seems in the photo. It's kind of alight blue micro-check pattern.

Going to keep practicing this self-photography thing
laugh.gif

Has anyone had this problem with this type of shirt? The collar coming out in the middle?
Im going to have the buttons moved. That should do the trick right?
10ds7qh.jpg

Got my ADAM cardigan from Gilt in the mail today

pimp.gif
i thought it was gonna be small because i copped a Medium but it was the perfect size

Back
Top Bottom