Dressing better

thanks RFX im gonna go shoppin right now at H&M for some clothes at some house party any suggestion? i wanna do casual but we might ended up goin to a clubafter so i gotta be prepped to get inside the club just incase...thinkin a polo shirt and a v neck sweater with some type of blue jeans and black shoes...wouldthat work?

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

thanks RFX im gonna go shoppin right now at H&M for some clothes at some house party any suggestion? i wanna do casual but we might ended up goin to a club after so i gotta be prepped to get inside the club just incase...thinkin a polo shirt and a v neck sweater with some type of blue jeans and black shoes...would that work?

I'm not sure what passes at a club in your area so it is your call. I wouldn't suggest polo though, I personally would never go to a club in a polo andif I were a bouncer, I probably won't let anyone in with just a polo and blue jeans. Go with a sport shirt, I believe H&M is selling some for 50% offnow and then put on a sweater, which I believe H&M has on sale as well. H&M also has jeans, I have a few pairs from there too, I like how the Sliqsfit, the dark ones looks less casual as it doesn't taper as much in the bottom. They also have some chinos and dress pants at H&M if want to check itout.

Nice bucks Niidawg, info? Brook Brothers?
Looks like your enjoying your off days from work.

RFX tried the sliq pants from H&M too tight on my legging ended up buying a thermal and a sport shirt i guess i just gotta try some levis for some pants

Really? I found Sliqs actually fit bigger than 511's. I wear a 29 in Sliqs and a 30 in 511's. Try the 511's still though, their sizing has somediscrepancy when it comes to Levis sizing. I can barely fit in a size 29 511 but a size 30 feels like 2 sizses jump from the 29. If the 511s doesn't fit,try 514's.

Nii, ahhh Hush Puppies. I knew I shouldn't have passed on it when it was on sale at Nordstrom Rack.

finally got a new job. so first purchase after a PS3 will be those Alden Indy boots.
if anyone sees them on sale anywhere can yall post in here, thanks

Don't hold your breath, the best discount I found on Indy's were the 10% discount at ShermanBrothers.com.
Give them a call and order them over the phone and ask for the discount. The price actually jumped up already to $344 iirc.

Really feeling the desert boots, burgandy pair is really nice... Still think we need a Better Dressing WDYWT...thoughts?

can boat shoes be worn in the winter? skippies or slip ons??

What type of jeans do you guys wear with high end belts (gucci,LV) still Levis?

Just want some feedback. Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Really feeling the desert boots, burgandy pair is really nice... Still think we need a Better Dressing WDYWT...thoughts?

can boat shoes be worn in the winter? skippies or slip ons??

What type of jeans do you guys wear with high end belts (gucci,LV) still Levis?

Just want some feedback. Thanks in advance.
This thread is basically a WDYWT post already... it's just people don't always post everyday (and that's not always a bad thing IMO)

can't really call the boat shoes since I don't wear them myself but as for the jeans question, I don't see why high end belts can't go withLevi's. There are all kinds of Levi's ranging from cheap to expensive but even with that said, I don't think you have to match high end with highend.

question about desert boots....

I rock Wallabees and they get totally grimey on the backs and sides from wearing jeans etc. I assume your desert boots get trashed as well since its the samematerials, correct?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Jump The Gun (from UK) Sta Prest Trouser and Gingham shirt finally arrived.
Also in the pic, Fred Perry Bomber and Ben Sherman trousers from NM Last Call.

The JTG shirt fits real well, slim and even tapers from top to bottom. Trousers are a bit wide in the thigh but their not meant to be skin tight so I guess it'll do as it is difficult to find any dress pants that fit like these OTR.
jtg_211.jpg
RFX,
Do you remember how long it took for your order from JTG to arrive? I ordered a shirt on 12/4 and I'm getting let down every time I open the mail box.I'm sure it has something to do with the holidays but I just want to get a general idea.
Thanks

Originally Posted by one11archerave

Originally Posted by RFX45

Jump The Gun (from UK) Sta Prest Trouser and Gingham shirt finally arrived.
Also in the pic, Fred Perry Bomber and Ben Sherman trousers from NM Last Call.

The JTG shirt fits real well, slim and even tapers from top to bottom. Trousers are a bit wide in the thigh but their not meant to be skin tight so I guess it'll do as it is difficult to find any dress pants that fit like these OTR.
RFX,
Do you remember how long it took for your order from JTG to arrive? I ordered a shirt on 12/4 and I'm getting let down every time I open the mail box. I'm sure it has something to do with the holidays but I just want to get a general idea.
Thanks

Mine took 2-3 weeks but that was because there was a delay due to the Royal Mail strike. I am not sure if they are still on strike but e-mail JTG, they replypretty quick and should be able to help you out.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Nah. We'd have a bunch of people posting "dressing better" fits with js and what not. Just go to the sneaker showcase for that. Justme though.

I agree, only a handful of people post here and it is not even everyday fits so no need for a separate thread.
This thread will more than suffice while providing help and advice.

Back
Top Bottom