Dressing better

Stepping out of the office to grab some Hawks/Trashers tickets:

Full Shot:

Crop:

Deets - The tie looks less orange ... this makes it seem like fire hazard orange. its a burnt orange:

Awesome orange tie. That's not regular silk is it? It looks matte orange, compliments the orange stripes in the suit.
I like the old PG style, walking to the camera photography. Was someone taking the pic of you just set the camera on timer?

burberry-prorsum-precollection-fall-2010-07-405x540.jpg

pimp.gif
http://www.selectism.com/news/wp-co...rorsum-precollection-fall-2010-07-405x540.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Awesome orange tie. That's not regular silk is it? It looks matte orange, compliments the orange stripes in the suit.
I like the old PG style, walking to the camera photography. Was someone taking the pic of you just set the camera on timer?

Thanks RFX - Camera is on timer ... The tie is a cashmere so more of a woolen feel (if you will), and its really a darker orange (still orange), but the indoorpicture makes it seem a lot brighter.

Which brings me to my last point - shots in the wild/in motion look so much better than the generic office shots IMO.

Agreed, I wish I could take pics outside but the only chance I really have of that happening is during the weekend and I get too lazy to carry my camera whengoing out on the weekends, or just when going out in general.

They always use extra frail dudes as models.

no mo...but they need bigger models to show how you can fill those jackets/sweaters out more.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

no mo...but they need bigger models to show how you can fill those jackets/sweaters out more.

It's just that most models are very skinny and if they want a fit model, I think it flatter someone smaller and more proportioned than say someone likeJohn Cena where the clothes would probably rip while walking in the runway.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by icebergslm

33a368a44b45ddbd7db7d8ba9b55d7e6c256f817.jpg
On the way to the office this morning. Polo pea coat, Calvin Klein shirt, Calvin Klein tie
pimp.gif
how much did that pea coat run you for? its navy right?

^^Yea it's navy, it was $425 but got it from the polo.com sale in October for $220 something..I love it, it always gets a rack of compliments

Uniqlo looking to expand in NY

NEW YORK (Kyodo) Tadashi Yanai, chairman and president of Fast Retailing Co., the operator of the Uniqlo casual wear chain, said Tuesday that the Japanese retailer is in a rush to open several more outlets in the Big Apple.

"We would like to open several more shops in New York City as soon as possible," Yanai told a news conference in New York, where Fast Retailing operates its only U.S. outlet.

It's just that most models are very skinny and if they want a fit model, I think it flatter someone smaller and more proportioned than say someone like John Cena where the clothes would probably rip while walking in the runway.
laugh.gif
It depends on the brand. Most of these skinny models come from European brands and hell even as lanky as I am now, I can't even mess withsome stuff out there, ie Ben Sherman. A small in that brand is too snug for me, and a medium is a bit too loose. I can get a medium tailored but the neck isno longer ~14-14.5 inches and the length of the arm sleeves are now too long. Which means there's no way a guy with an athletic build can even squeezeinto their stuff.

Out of all the GQ magazines I've looked at, the only brand that uses bigger models that I can recall is Phat Farm.
laugh.gif
The rest uses very lean dudes.

Originally Posted by wj4

It's just that most models are very skinny and if they want a fit model, I think it flatter someone smaller and more proportioned than say someone like John Cena where the clothes would probably rip while walking in the runway.
laugh.gif
It depends on the brand. Most of these skinny models come from European brands and hell even as lanky as I am now, I can't even mess with some stuff out there, ie Ben Sherman. A small in that brand is too snug for me, and a medium is a bit too loose. I can get a medium tailored but the neck is no longer ~14-14.5 inches and the length of the arm sleeves are now too long. Which means there's no way a guy with an athletic build can even squeeze into their stuff.

Out of all the GQ magazines I've looked at, the only brand that uses bigger models that I can recall is Phat Farm.
laugh.gif
The rest uses very lean dudes.

Wait, Phat Farm actually makes GQ's runway show preview? I don't really think they have much of a choice though, if they use regular models the clotheswould look like oversized pajamas on them.
Overall though, almost all brands uses skinny models, even American Brands like Sean John, JB and CK.

Tonight...

Details...

Back
Top Bottom