Dressing better

For all my spec wearing friends the new issue of GQ put me onto this website www.warbyparker.com which allows you to try one 5 frames in home for no charge at all. If you want to pick up any of them their frames run $95 with lenses. Probably not the best lenses in the world but if you are like me and like to switch up the frames often this is a very economical way of doing so. I just ordered some home try-ons so I will let you know how it all goes.

Originally Posted by emacdaddy24

For all my spec wearing friends the new issue of GQ put me onto this website www.warbyparker.com which allows you to try one 5 frames in home for no charge at all. If you want to pick up any of them their frames run $95 with lenses. Probably not the best lenses in the world but if you are like me and like to switch up the frames often this is a very economical way of doing so. I just ordered some home try-ons so I will let you know how it all goes.

thanks for the info. will check it out.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

I seriously thought of this thread when I read that TH entry.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
I thought about Mishka right away
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, they had an interview a while back saying they wanted to look more "banana republic" $!%

I'm not hating on TH or "the grown look" but don't they make "boat shoes" or damn near it?
ohwell.gif

i immediately thought about 3sixteen when i read the article.

i remember one of the dudes that started 3sixteen went to my highschool and they were passing out free 3sixteen t-shirts with decent designs in order to arouse interest in their brand. This was about 3 years ago, and now look what they are putting out; $400+ duffle coats, $100+ oxford shirts, ties, etc. Yes, they still put out graphic tees, but i think 3sixteen's mentality about clothing has "grown up" parallel with the 3sixteen founders. 3sixteen probably realized that people are more likely to buy your products if the quality/design is timeless and on point, rather than screenprinted tees getting lost in an ocean of "streetwear" brands. i can see myself wearing 3sixteen products even as i get older, yet i cannot see myself decked out in TH w/ bombs all over the place as i get older.

TH should use 3sixteen as an example of how to evolve with the times.

Work:
Express: White Fitted 1MX Shirt, & Skinny tie, Rocco Jeans (Slim fit low-rise)
United Colors of Benetton: Sisley Cardigan
Nike SB Janoski

2qd4jgg.jpg
35n3gj8.jpg
2rwq77o.jpg

I'm not hating on TH or "the grown look" but don't they make "boat shoes" or damn near it?
ohwell.gif

nah...they've gotten into footwear but its only been low-top sneakers with vulcanized soles...Vans-esque...

maybe your thinking about ALIFE they have some nice "shoes".  
So the Hundreds starting cracking since people are over that Californian lifestyle they've been pushing for the past 10 years. They would have a legitimate argument if they were still ONLY making tees. People evolve, just how they've evolved by adding jeans, khakis, bags, shorts, woven shirts, and polos to their line (and that's only AFTER Crooks decided to step up the "streetwear" game). They came off as the old hip-hop rappers talking about rap music of today.
I don't think TH is mad at people for making stuff other than tees, more mad at the direction STREET wear brands are taking aesthetically. I don't necessarily agree with people being over the California lifestyle....I mean Cali is still notorious for the same things.

Again fashion doesn't have to be black and white, if the people at the Hundreds don't think you can blend the 'grown' look with streetwear then I guess thats there opinion. They're still in business so you can't really discredit them.

This is kind of ironic because TH is one of the few street brands I think have the potential/style to actually transcend the labels, guess not....Mishkas spring line on the other hand
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Originally Posted by akaseandaley

GROW UP.The customers who were ditching
class to line up for obnoxious sneakers in the early ’00s are either
pushing paper at desk jobs or baby strollers today.
that's me
pimp.gif

hunter2.jpg
is that you? you edited out your face, obviously, but what's freaking me out is that it looks like my picture was cropped & altered onto your body (nh). I saw this last night while I was delirious on meds
laugh.gif
. Srsly, this is bugging me out.

What do you guys do when your belts no longer fit 'properly', for a lack of better word....ie you're in between the holes.

I have 2 belts that are like that now. One hole is too tight, and the previous hole makes it too loose.
laugh.gif

The pants is too long IMO. And you're right...the stripes are just hurting the eyes. I think if the dress shirt was a plain light blue with white collar, it'd be a lot better.

How do you guys take care of your leather shoes? I want to start building a nice rotation of dress shoes/boots/etc. but would like some tips or techniques on how to take care and maintain them so they look nice and last me awhile. More specifically, what affordable products should I look into for black and brown leather. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by xSupreme

How do you guys take care of your leather shoes? I want to start building a nice rotation of dress shoes/boots/etc. but would like some tips or techniques on how to take care and maintain them so they look nice and last me awhile. More specifically, what affordable products should I look into for black and brown leather. Any help would be appreciated.
Here's a few guides:

tetas are huge

Untitled-3.jpg

Jacket: Fay

Cardigan: Navy Fly

Shirt: Finamore Napoli

Jeans: Balenciaga

Boots: Tricker's

Scarf: Drakes Of London

Gloves: Mazzolen

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

tetas are huge

Untitled-3.jpg

Jacket: Fay

Cardigan: Navy Fly

Shirt: Finamore Napoli

Jeans: Balenciaga

Boots: Tricker's

Scarf: Drakes Of London

Gloves: Mazzolen

what do you mean?

Originally Posted by sStutter

Dress shirts or just casual long sleeve button-up shirts, lots and lots of sweaters, lots and lots of polos, a few ties, khakis or dressy jeans (minimal fade, no holes, etc.), maybe a few blazers, maybe some loafers

I would start out with polo/nice jeans or dress shirt/sweater/nice jeans.

agree fully with this statement
happy.gif

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

What knot is that on the tie above?
Looks like a full windsor to me, which is appropriate for the collar spread he had on.

Can anyone school me on fedoras? I have a round face shape so I've heard small brims are best for my shape, any recommendations or info when looking into buying one?

Originally Posted by airmaxes

jay zoe2,

Duchamp makes great shirts (and of course ties). You got a real good deal...

Agree completely about the quality of the shirts.  I just recently got a wind of this brand, and I must say that I have been quite impressed with their line.  I saw a couple of ties that I liked, but I rarely wear ties, so I passed.  Thomas Pink also makes quality shirts.

Back
Top Bottom