Dressing better

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

RFX45 wrote:

K2theAblaM wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find these square knit ties online?

a9xa-ktie-sspt-n-17506.jpg

Here's a cheap alternative.
http://www.neckties.com/knit_ties.acmlhttp://www.neckties.com/knit_ties.acml
Thank you sir.

I'm trying to find that banana republic boot that you posted for 40 bucks, to no avail.

Your other thread is money too, btw. Great stuff.

wow I didn't expect ties and deals like that in that link.

Orsini is actually a decent brand with some history. Those prices have to be below cost or they've really changed since I've seen them last.

BTW I know them as "woven" ties for what it's worth, might have some luck asking/searching for them that way.

Originally Posted by PhillyPG1

Wear clothes that fit-

Solid Colors(you don't need 16 diff. colors on your shirt for it too look nice)-

A sweater or two wouldn't hurt-

Pair of nice dress shoes with a nice watch to compliment it(Not an obnoxious looking watch with multiple colors,this +@$* aint a #%%!$!+ Soulja Boy video)

Tuck your shirt in!!!!-

Lol, not with jeans you don't.

Yeah your right..and wear a +$%@$%+ belt when you tuck in...i hate when i see people tucking there shirts in w/o a belt,they look like +$%@$%+ trash.
mad.gif

^ If your wearing a cardigan or v-neck with a shirt and tie, it wouldn't look clean to have the shirt hanging out

Originally Posted by infamousod

RFX45 wrote:

K2theAblaM wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find these square knit ties online?

Here's a cheap alternative.
http://www.neckties.com/knit_ties.acmlhttp://www.neckties.com/knit_ties.acmlhttp://www.neckties.com/knit_ties.acml
Thank you sir.

I'm trying to find that banana republic boot that you posted for 40 bucks, to no avail.

Your other thread is money too, btw. Great stuff.

wow I didn't expect ties and deals like that in that link.

Orsini is actually a decent brand with some history. Those prices have to be below cost or they've really changed since I've seen them last.

BTW I know them as "woven" ties for what it's worth, might have some luck asking/searching for them that way.
I bought 3, they give you one free. It's a special promo they have. Awesome stuff.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by wj4

Also RFX, I tried on the Ben Sherman SoHo fit shirt. They had a navy one on sale for $40 and I almost bought it, but the arms were just a tad too tight for my build.

The Ben Sherman's fit well though, you got to admit. You should try their Mod-Fit next time, it has a little more room overall.
I wear a small in the mod-fit and a medium in the Soho fit and the soho fit looks and feels tighter.
They definitely do fit well. It almost made me look like I have big hips because of how slim it fits.
laugh.gif
I had no room in the arm area atall, which is fine for now. But I'm working on my triceps/bicep so it might be too snug sooner or later. This was the only Ben Sherman I found on sale ina small. I'll add that to my 'to look for' list the next time I go back.

Edit: I forgot to add that the length of the Soho was a bit short too. It looked pretty good untucked. When I tried on the shirt, I only had about ~2.5-3inches of the shirt tucked into the slacks.

Originally Posted by PhillyPG1

Wear clothes that fit-

Solid Colors(you don't need 16 diff. colors on your shirt for it too look nice)-

A sweater or two wouldn't hurt-

Pair of nice dress shoes with a nice watch to compliment it(Not an obnoxious looking watch with multiple colors,this +@$* aint a #%%!$!+ Soulja Boy video)

Tuck your shirt in!!!!-

Lol, not with jeans you don't.

Of course you do. Generally speaking, sport shirts = tucked in. Of course for a more laid back look and feel, untucked is acceptable, however, you need theright shirt for it. It has to be short in length or else you will just look messy. Workwear (plaids) especially the short ones are fine being untucked.
These just plain look bad:
517c17fd105220ddc1313b08ca655652-getty-83008110jp036_all_star_portraits.jpg
a1912963d5c3f7c87ecd964bc74ec496-getty-83008110nsb004_all_star_portraits.jpg

d32472b7d4357d702a4fac0ff6d595ed-getty-83008110bc159_allstar_ports.jpg

Especially bad with a sweater:
884c6748112f46c3b0f2b5fe520b456b-getty-83008110nsb054_all_star_portraits.jpg
6e26609377f882c956c0ba41da496a8e-getty-83008110nsb053_all_star_portraits.jpg

s/s = ok
63e6dc0eb46083878f6f697f98a7303f-getty-83008110nsb020_all_star_portraits.jpg

884c6748112f46c3b0f2b5fe520b456b-getty-83008110nsb054_all_star_portraits.jpg

It would have looked better if he tucked the shirt in
But it seems like mayo and bosh are the only ones with clothes that fit well

Jeff Green's is borderline but it helped that it had epaulette and chest pocket. Those are horrendous jeans though.
Chris Bosh pulls it off, again epaletter and chest pockets and s/s makes it look better.

The length of the shirt will work better if he was wearing a wife beater, a v neck or no shirt at all under the button up so no visible line is shown. And ifthe jeans were fitted. Those can't even fall under relax or loose fit, straight up bell bottoms..
laugh.gif

I guess it's not so easy to find clothes that fit you when you're a giant.

Originally Posted by picknroll24

C/S

I like Chris Bosh's fit too. Ya'll gotta remember these cats are like 6'4"+. I'm 6'2" and I find it hard to find nice straightfit jeans.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

C/S

I like Chris Bosh's fit too. Ya'll gotta remember these cats are like 6'4"+. I'm 6'2" and I find it hard to find nice straight fit jeans.

laugh.gif

No excuse there, I get my jean tapered for $7 at the corner, I'm pretty sure these guys could afford to do that or afford have someone to do it for them.

btw the vast majority of NBA players don't dress themselves, especially for things like this.
That's even worst. If they don't dress themselves, the stylists should get fired.
laugh.gif

These two look good IMO

63e6dc0eb46083878f6f697f98a7303f-getty-83008110nsb020_all_star_portraits.jpg

This is a perfect demonstration of the crucial importance of the fit of clothing. Basically the same outfit on paper, but Bosh looks like he has a personalstylist and Green looks like he's in middle school.

Originally Posted by wj4

btw the vast majority of NBA players don't dress themselves, especially for things like this.
That's even worst. If they don't dress themselves, the stylists should get fired.
laugh.gif

true but the problem is most of them aren't really stylists or anything close to that. same with financial planners. they are networking people, peoplewith a lot of contacts that gain the trust ergo the business of these high profile athletes who don't have time to manage their wardrobe and/or money.

these photos are a direct result.

C/S

I like Chris Bosh's fit too. Ya'll gotta remember these cats are like 6'4"+. I'm 6'2" and I find it hard to find nice straight fit jeans.

laugh.gif

No excuse there, I get my jean tapered for $7 at the corner, I'm pretty sure these guys could afford to do that or afford have someone to do it for them.
Lol, of course you'd use basketball players to prove your point.

It's cool, I see where you're coming from, but if you get the right kind of shirt, you do not need to tuck it in at all.

63e6dc0eb46083878f6f697f98a7303f

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif

true but the problem is most of them aren't really stylists or anything close to that. same with financial planners. they are networking people, people with a lot of contacts that gain the trust ergo the business of these high profile athletes who don't have time to manage their wardrobe and/or money.

I donno, man. I was joking with my friends about how trends have changed in the NBA. When you're signed at the draft, the first 3 things youget are..an iced out watch, big earrings, and some tats on your arms. If you get the 'package' of the 3 items listed, you should/would care about howyou're dressed. Maybe not though. Excuse me postwhoring this thread, I'm super bored.
laugh.gif

Since we're talking about NBA players, I think Melo stepped his game up a lot after the haircut. I can't find a picture, but his outfit was lookingreally nice when he sat out during the first game against Miami. Since I can't find the pic I'm talking about, I guess this will do.
carmello.jpg

C/S

laugh.gif

Lol, of course you'd use basketball players to prove your point.

It's cool, I see where you're coming from, but if you get the right kind of shirt, you do not need to tuck it in at all.

I never said it can't look good untucked, just need the right shrit as you mentioned.

Among NBA players, Chris Paul and Deron Williams seems to dress real well. Kobe and Lebron too, Kobe just need more fitted stuff but he got the right idea.

Originally Posted by wj4

wj4 wrote:

infamousod wrote:

laugh.gif

true but the problem is most of them aren't really stylists or anything close to that. same with financial planners. they are networking people, people
with a lot of contacts that gain the trust ergo the business of these high profile athletes who don't have time to manage their wardrobe and/or money.

I donno, man. I was joking with my friends about how trends have changed in the NBA. When you're signed at the draft, the first 3 things you get are..an iced out watch, big earrings, and some tats on your arms. If you get the 'package' of the 3 items listed, you should/would care about how you're dressed. Maybe not though. Excuse me postwhoring this thread, I'm super bored.
laugh.gif

Since we're talking about NBA players, I think Melo stepped his game up a lot after the haircut. I can't find a picture, but his outfit was looking really nice when he sat out during the first game against Miami. Since I can't find the pic I'm talking about, I guess this will do.

Some do care about how they look but they have no idea what's good. They either have bad stylists or they force their stylists to give them super bigclothes because wearing a jacket is an uncomfortable and restricting feeling to those who have never had to wear them. Like most young people especially thosewho grew up in the ghetto and were involved in athletics wearing sweatpants etc.

carmello.jpg

I see what he was trying to do, but this is horrible. The jacket looks like a suit jacket instead of a blazer, the colors of his shirt, vest and jacket are allcorny as hell, and his jeans look huge.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

carmello.jpg

I see what he was trying to do, but this is horrible. The jacket looks like a suit jacket instead of a blazer, the colors of his shirt, vest and jacket are all corny as hell, and his jeans look huge.
sick.gif
He must also subscribe to the Michael Jordan school of dress.

C/S

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Fair enough.

Back
Top Bottom