+
what kind of pants and shoes?

+

pLEVI1-4862458t330x400.jpg

+
clae-mcqueen-black-sneaker13.jpg

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by CJ003

is a medium gray suit acceptable for a job interview? and which would be better for an interview dark gray, medium gray or dark blue?

the darker, the better ... except of course no black. first option dark blue ... and then dark grey.
so when should one wear a black suit?

I'm loving the area where I started working, once I have money every day on lunch I'll be able to check out different sports. Zara,HM,J.Crew,Brooks Brothers all a block away from me. Went to H&M today picked up a pack of dress socks a shirt and a tie for $60. Has their price on their shirts raised? I thought they were a little less ($40 i paid)

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

is a medium gray suit acceptable for a job interview? and which would be better for an interview dark gray, medium gray or dark blue?

the darker, the better ... except of course no black. first option dark blue ... and then dark grey.

1. To a funeral, preferably not yours
2. As a tuxedo to a formal event.

You can wear it to work, if you're a bodyguard or CIA agent. 

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by shogun

Bought a nice turquoise gingham shirt and grey cardigan from J. Crew.  Have to find more bright shirts since it's almost spring.
laugh.gif

Great minds think alike. I wore something similar a couple weeks ago.

Though my cardigan was from Banana Republic:

106imgk.jpg

MONEY. 
pimp.gif

oooooo check u out 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YuraS718

I'm loving the area where I started working, once I have money every day on lunch I'll be able to check out different sports. Zara,HM,J.Crew,Brooks Brothers all a block away from me. Went to H&M today picked up a pack of dress socks a shirt and a tie for $60. Has their price on their shirts raised? I thought they were a little less ($40 i paid)

Their shirts varies in price. They have the easy iron olid shirts for like $15 and thent heres the patterned ones that cost $25-$30 and then theres the rare ones that cost $40 or more. I don't think their prices went up, some actually went down. I still can't believe they were selling denim shirts and jackets for $15 each. Their spring/summer blazers also went down in price by $10, probably because of the lighter material and less lining.

Originally Posted by RFX45

cold blooded.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Their shirts varies in price. They have the easy iron olid shirts for like $15 and thent heres the patterned ones that cost $25-$30 and then theres the rare ones that cost $40 or more. I don't think their prices went up, some actually went down. I still can't believe they were selling denim shirts and jackets for $15 each. Their spring/summer blazers also went down in price by $10, probably because of the lighter material and less lining.

I need to get back their again than soon and look harder.  I knew I wasn't going to be spending a lot so once I saw something I liked I grabbed it.  I was hoping for a nicer selection in jackets, didn't really see anything that I liked. 

Any sites for inexpensive spring time jackets that would work with business casual (besides blazers)  It's starting to get nicer here and all my coats that would work with work are either too heavy and warm or still too light.  Looked on gap/br/old navy/macys couldn't find anything in my size.  I'm still mad I never pulled the trigger on that grey trench from gap.

laugh.gif
not in one of those categories...so stick to the grays and dark blues for suits?

tank_abrams_fire.jpg

RFX and niidawg are a little overboard when it comes to the anti-black suit hate
laugh.gif

I've worked in finance/banking and a black suit with a white/blue shirt and appropriate tie are fine.  Black suit with a black shirt is definitely NOT poppin tho.

Question: When you leave a shirt untucked, should you leave the last button unbuttoned? What about when you tuck your shirt in?

(My friend told me that I am supposed to leave the last button unbuttoned)

All of these "the darker the better" for a job interview and "when to wear black" crap is nonsense. Unless you're looking to be a fashion designer, no one is looking at your suit color. People just want to see you looking nice.

On a side note this is what I wore today. Sorry for the terrible quality camera phone pictures.

8wyzk2.jpg

2prvj7k.jpg

I've recently gotten into it with RFX and others over the topic. You can wear a black suit and black blazer whenever you'd like if you have the confidence and outfit.

However you can't wear a black suit "as a tuxedo to a formal event." You can wear a black suit to a formal event, but don't wear a bow-tie trying to disguise it as a tux, wear a tie.

Most of the time I see people wearing black blazers.  I think it's because the majority of people feel it goes with everything, it's simple, and people just love wearing black.  My friend told me he's not comfortable wearing a navy or gray suit, he just wants a plain black suit.

interesting discussion on suit colors here.  i will say that i really like the gray suit idea...a dark gray i think looks really nice.  dark gray goes with just about anything as well anyway.  plus with a gray suit, you can wear black or brown shoes.

anyways, i'm going to check out some thrift stores this weekend and scoop up some blazers if i can find any goodies...anybody have luck doing so?  i thought i remember niidawg mentioning it...

Back
Top Bottom